Hoptimum in CO

Discussion in 'Mountain' started by buffs9, May 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. buffs9

buffs9 Aspirant (291) Apr 28, 2008 Colorado
    Beer Trader

I'm in Fort Collins and have still yet to see Hoptimum. I've asked at a couple of stores and both told me "We'll get it when Bigfoot sells out" or something to that effect. Do the stores or distributors control this non-sense. Makes me sad knowing there's Hoptimum just sitting around waiting for shelves...

Let me know if there's a store up here that has it out...

2. ablackshear

ablackshear Initiate (128) Sep 17, 2010 Colorado
    Beer Trader

same thing happened with Alpine/NB Super IPA, until the pitchforks came out and they put a new barcode on them

3. Dtapeski

Dtapeski Initiate (36) Oct 26, 2012 Colorado

Saw it today at Applejack (West Denver area)
    And they do the same thing, they wait for one seasonal to sell out before they bring in the next, so often they are behind the rest of the area for carrying a seasonal release.

4. Kuester

Kuester Initiate (0) May 14, 2012 Colorado

They (Sierra Nevada, if that's who it's up to) should really allow Hoptimum to go on shelves at the same time as Bigfoot. Would allow Bigfoot to sit around more of the year like it always has. Never a bad thing. Same with Narwhal.

I guess I can understand why they don't do it that way though.

5. pkeigs

pkeigs Initiate (0) Apr 2, 2008 Colorado
    Beer Trader

It is not Sierra Nevada, it is our distributor up here in Northern Colorado. High Country refuses to release new seasonals until they personally sell out of the previous one, it is annoying as a retailer and as a consumer. I am guessing we will see a much smaller supply of Hoptimum this year because of Bigfoot still being around. Just like Northern Colorado saw a much smaller amount of Narwal compared to the rest of the state.

Personally can't wait until it comes out!

6. Moose90

Moose90 Meyvn (1,441) Nov 25, 2012 Washington
    Beer Trader

High Country is continually bad. From their reps to their drivers, just all around subpar.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Founded in Boston in 1996, BeerAdvocate (BA) is your go-to resource for beer powered by an independent community of enthusiasts and professionals dedicated to supporting and promoting better beer.

Learn More
  • Our Community

Comprised of consumers and industry professionals, many of whom started as members of this site, our community is one of the oldest, largest, and most respected beer communities online.
  • Our Events

Since 2003 we've hosted over 60 world-class beer festivals to bring awareness to independent brewers and educate attendees.
  • Our Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.