How do you display/store your glassware?

Discussion in 'Breweriana' started by Jnorton00, May 8, 2013.

?

How do you display/store your glassware

1. By brewery

5.4%
  2. By style

64.9%
  3. Other?

29.7%
  1. Jnorton00

Jnorton00 Apr 13, 2007 Massachusetts

I finally have some shelves to display my glassware on and am going back and forth on how to display them. What do you guys find works best for you?

2. DoctorRock

DoctorRock May 13, 2010 Minnesota
    Beer Trader

I have mine sorted by rarity and awesomenessicity

HighWine, jamvt, beerinNV and 3 others like this.
  3. MMAJYK

MMAJYK Jun 26, 2007 Georgia
    Beer Trader

I try to sort by style, but my cabinets in the man kitchen are pretty damn full. Sometimes a stemmed glass might end up in the non stemmed section, simply b/c I have more stemmed than not. The pint glasses are all hidden away in a seperate cabinet and stacked high and deep. I also have a seperate cabinet for duplicates. This side hobby seems to be taking up a lot of room these days.

4. zekeman17

zekeman17 Feb 14, 2010 Pennsylvania
    Beer Trader

I've got shelves up high around the bar. I just have them placed randomly.
    I think it looks better than 6 glasses next to each other that look basically the same.

jmalex likes this.
  5. kevanb

kevanb Apr 4, 2011 Illinois
    Beer Trader

I organize by style, while also trying to organize by brewery, looks weird to have pints and stemmed mixed together, and even then, goblets mixed with tall tulips and snifters mixed with wine glasses. I also organize by height.

6. dc55110

dc55110 Oct 24, 2010 Minnesota
    Beer Trader

Originally it was by style, now with rapidly decreasing real estate, I've had to devise ways to maximize my space. I try to stagger my glasses to make both the front and back rows visible. I started putting the taller glasses in the back and short up front, but quickly that became inadequate. In addition to tall in the rear and short up front, I've been trying to put shapes next to each other that "fit" together. Further maximizing my space. I don't keep any of my doubles on my display shelves, they reside in a closed cupboard in the basement.

7. ChugLife

ChugLife Aug 13, 2012 Colorado
    Beer Trader

Anyone have any pics?

8. ChugLife

Beer Trader

I organize symmetrical. I'm weird like that.

4kbrianb and beerinNV like this.
  9. xnicknj

xnicknj May 25, 2009 Pennsylvania

I'm at the point where I need a separate cabinet or case to store the glasses since I've taken over 2 cabinets in the kitchen, which we kinda need for...you know, food and stuff like that. Thinking of hitting up a thrift store or ikea to look for something.

10. Jnorton00

I wish I had cabinets but at lease I have shelves on the wall in my basement. I'm not thrilled about the dust but I'll manage. I know I'm going to get very lazy and not dust them every day so I'll just have to give them a good rinse before use. I'm also thinking of storing them upside down to prevent dust from getting inside although they don't look as cool that way.

11. MordorMongo

MordorMongo Jul 19, 2009

I wish I had room to sort them, or wasn't a drunk and kept forgetting.

12. Jnorton00

Feel free to send them to me for sorting. They may never be returned but you'll rest assured that they're sorted in my basement!

13. Hanzo

Hanzo Feb 27, 2012 Virginia

Came in to see pics of glass displays...am dissapoint.

ChugLife, ravot and Jnorton00 like this.
  14. DoctorRock

DoctorRock May 13, 2010 Minnesota
    Beer Trader

Okay - pics don't really translate too well here, but the glass display looks awesome in person. I put my favorites in there and all others in the cabinet.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. ADTaber

ADTaber Apr 29, 2011 South Carolina
    Subscriber Beer Trader

[​IMG]
    Started out trying to sort mine by style but ended just putting them wherever they would fit, now I'm getting to the point where I need a second cabinet. My wife rolls her eyes every time I bring home a new glass.

16. Jnorton00

Next time she rolls her eyes tell her you're gonna bring home a new wife next.

ADTaber and Hanzo like this.
  17. kevanb

kevanb Apr 4, 2011 Illinois
    Beer Trader

Quoting from the old thread, sorry for the photo quality. My cabinets are even more full now and looks a bit different. But this gets the idea across. This is one of 2 cabinets.

Opening the image in a new tab will let you see it in full size

18. ravot

ravot Mar 20, 2012 Illinois
    Beer Trader

nothing like the detolf.

19. DarthKostrizer

DarthKostrizer May 13, 2011 California
    Beer Trader

Under my bar hanging in a wine rack and the left overs are on the shelf. Sorry about the poor pic quality not a lot of light back there [​IMG]

20. ChugLife

Beer Trader

Hahahaha

21. Jnorton00

Completely rearranged them earlier and the picture sucks but...
    [​IMG]

PatrickCT, WassailWilly and Tedwarhc like this.
  22. UCLABrewN84

UCLABrewN84 Mar 18, 2010 California

In a kitchen cupboard.

23. ChugLife

Beer Trader

I see my glass... 4th in from the right, top shelf. Thanks for hanging onto it for me. I think im ready for you to ship it now.

24. WassailWilly

WassailWilly Sep 8, 2007 New York

Someone must have xray vision !

25. ChugLife

Beer Trader

Just a big ass iMac.

26. djaeon

djaeon Oct 2, 2006 California

THey used to be in a china cabinet. At the moment, sadly, they are all packed up in boxes at my in-laws house.

27. marshmeli

marshmeli Feb 14, 2012 New York
    Beer Trader

I like this set up... want to do something similar when i build my bar... gotta make sure my daughter doesnt go in the and break anything though

28. DarthKostrizer

Beer Trader

I have a little girl as well 18 month old and she is constantly going in there. The funny thing is she always grabs my more expensive bottles of beers and brings them to me. She seems to be attracted to the bottles that are waxed I.e. chocolate rain

29. marshmeli

marshmeli Feb 14, 2012 New York
    Beer Trader

That's great, mine just turned 2 and she always grabs the beer I have on the counter after I come back from the shop and hands it to me... watch out your daughter has expensive and rare taste

30. DarthKostrizer

Beer Trader

Yeah it's hilarious watching her walk and carry the bottle with two hands. Ahh littles ones are so awesome

• About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Return of the Belgian Beer Fest

BeerAdvocate Brings its All-Belgian Fest to Portland, Maine on September 17, 2016. Tickets are on sale now.

Learn More
  • Get the Mag

Become a BeerAdvocate magazine print subscriber today.

Subscribe