How do you keep your glasses clean?

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by DEdesign57, Mar 4, 2012.

1. biggitybait

biggitybait Jul 8, 2013 Oklahoma

Don't get lazy. Just wash it well.

2. Johnny_Muir

Johnny_Muir Jan 8, 2014 New Jersey

Might I ask why? Unless theres grease or meat involved, soap isn't necessary each and every time, or even most of the time. While it might just be anecdotal, I've hardly ever used soap to wash my food dishes when I'm in the backcountry for a week or more at a time. Dirt, sand, pebbles, all work fine, then just rinse.

paulys55 likes this.
  3. mnrider

mnrider May 26, 2009 Connecticut

Spit----->Air Dry

4. y2jrock60

y2jrock60 Dec 5, 2007 Pennsylvania

After washing my glass, either in the dish washer or by hand, i rinse it thouroly with copious amounts of hot water then dry it with a clean towel. A lot of times im too lazy to clean and dry my glass between beers and usually find myself just rinsing the glass out with tap water. If im trying a new beer, especially one that has been hyped, I'll take extra care in cleaning the glass.

5. sicilian

sicilian Sep 30, 2008 Florida

I drink most of my beers outside(pool patio etc) so I use good quality clear disposable plastic cups.
    Flame away!

Johnny_Muir and IPAFan521 like this.
  6. ajthegreat

ajthegreat Nov 11, 2010 Vermont
    Beer Trader

Stop worrying about how your dish washing habits are effecting head retention and worry about getting an effing life.

djl9701 likes this.
  7. Johnny_Muir

Johnny_Muir Jan 8, 2014 New Jersey

Life or not, I get it. I stumbled on this thread via google search because I too was losing my head so to speak. And good beer deserves a good head because the foam is delicious and soft like a cloud, and theres nothing better than that first si[. You don't have to like it, by any means, but let us who will enjoy our heads!

8. BEERschlitz

BEERschlitz Oct 13, 2013 Michigan
    Beer Trader

Steaming hot water and a super dry towel. Clean glass in 30 seconds

9. robwestcott

robwestcott Nov 3, 2008 Indiana
    Beer Trader

Best beer video EVER !

10. wesbray

wesbray Feb 29, 2012 Alberta (Canada)
    Beer Trader

Paper towels FTW!!

Seriously though, my house has terribly hard water, air drying makes them look disgusting. I use very hot water with a small amount of dish soap and paper towel them dry. Never had any problems that way and it takes about ten seconds.

• About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Extreme Beer FestĀ® Cometh

February 3-4, 2017. Boston, Mass. Limited tickets available. Prepare for epicness.

Learn More
  • Free Trial Subscription

Reside in the US? Interested in a free 1-month trial subscription to the print edition of BeerAdvocate magazine?

Yes! Sign Me Up!