How is COVID-19 impacting your beer advocacy?

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by elNopalero, Mar 3, 2020.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PapaGoose03

PapaGoose03 Grand Pooh-Bah (5,291) May 30, 2005 Michigan
    Pooh-Bah Society

My wife and I decided today to move our European vacation that involved London, Paris, Munich, Venice, Florence, and Rome to September. It's the Venice part that caused that decision, but who knows which country I next? Hopefuly summer will stop the threat.

Gemini6, henrikb, hottenot and 9 others like this.
  2. Buck89

Buck89 Grand Pooh-Bah (3,718) Feb 7, 2015 Tennessee
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Drinking beer greatly reduces my awareness of illness.

Seriously, just wash your hands with soap for 20 sec (this really makes a difference), avoid touching your face, avoid shaking hands (for a while), and avoid visibly sick people. Things might change later, but no impact for me right now.

Gemini6, Rug, hottenot and 5 others like this.
  3. thedaveofbeer

thedaveofbeer Savant (1,169) Mar 25, 2016 Massachusetts
    Trader

I am praying some hero scientist will find that hops have some chemical compounds that destroy the virus. I am going to up my intake, just in case. I have always liked being an early adopter.

Alefflicted, bmugan, Rug and 10 others like this.
  4. AZBeerDude72

AZBeerDude72 Initiate (0) Jun 10, 2016 Arizona

5. bbtkd

bbtkd Grand High Pooh-Bah (7,326) Sep 20, 2015 South Dakota
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

I have enough beer in my cellar to last several months. I'm set.

6. Bitterbill

Bitterbill Grand High Pooh-Bah (6,772) Sep 14, 2002 Wyoming
    Pooh-Bah Society

I just got over a cold. I drank beer during that time and though the flavours were diminished during that time, I percerviered.

I will continue to do so. Shrugs.

hottenot, russpowell, Shanex and 4 others like this.
  7. PapaGoose03

PapaGoose03 Grand Pooh-Bah (5,291) May 30, 2005 Michigan
    Pooh-Bah Society

Nice thought, but can you imagine what would happen to the price of beer? Better stock up now.

Gemini6, Rug, hottenot and 4 others like this.
  8. AWA

AWA Savant (1,183) Jul 22, 2014 California

I went to Costco and stocked up on beer yesterday. I got a 4 week supply, and, knowing myself, that means I really got a 2 week supply and I'm going to be drinking too much over these next 2 weeks. Of course, I figured out that Costco is a complete shit show right now, and there is no way in hell I'm going back anytime soon. So in 2 weeks I'm going to have to go out to Bevmo and overpay to stock my fridge again. I'm resenting the hell out of the corona virus right now.

forum8417, hottenot, ChicagoJ and 6 others like this.
  9. nc41

nc41 Initiate (0) Sep 25, 2008 North Carolina
    Trader

I drowned the bastard bugs in Wild Turkey, I’ve found a cure.

hottenot, Squire, Peach63 and 9 others like this.
  10. Oceanbear1

Oceanbear1 Initiate (0) Aug 8, 2013 Colorado

Wife and I just took a weekend trip to Vermont/Massachusetts. I bought a lot of beer to take home. I joked it Was in case of quarantine.

11. Giantspace

Giantspace Pooh-Bah (2,879) Dec 22, 2011 Pennsylvania
    Pooh-Bah Society

Been sick on and off all winter. Only drinking Friday/Saturday right now. Might just cut that down a bit more honestly. Want my body feeling a bit better with this crazy bug crawling around. I also work with the masses so pretty sure I’m going to get bit.

Enjoy

hottenot, russpowell, Scrapss and 2 others like this.
  12. jvgoor3786

jvgoor3786 Grand Pooh-Bah (4,186) May 28, 2015 Arkansas
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

My wife was headed to Columbus this weekend for the Arnold Classic. They cancelled it because of the virus. She was going to bring me back beers from Ohio. No more. This just got real.

hottenot, GreenBayBA, Rug and 8 others like this.
  13. TinFang

TinFang Savant (1,109) Jun 20, 2011 California
    Society

Zero effect. We will go to Alabama next month and France in July.
    If we get quarantined in AL I will eat lots of barbecue and hang out at the lake. If we get quarantined in France I will drink lots of bière de garde.

The virus is already circulating. Stay healthy and relaxed.

14. Benish

Benish Pooh-Bah (2,422) Mar 13, 2013 Utah
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

As a health care provider, I agree with others when they say there is a lot of fear mongering going on. Those over 80 years of age are at greatest risk. And majority of the population will experience this as the ‘common cold.” Just like the influenza, if you develop alarming symptoms, see your healthcare provider. Maybe cut back on the beer when you’re sick. But once you’re through it, drink up!

I will be in CA in a few weeks, enjoying beers and sunshine. The coronavirus is not stopping me.

15. mamaraza

mamaraza Pundit (783) Jul 6, 2014 Texas

All I need is my shotgun and seven cases of Live Oak Hefe. Just kidding. I also need shells.

hottenot, Alefflicted, Squire and 6 others like this.
  16. Insomniac

Insomniac Initiate (0) Nov 5, 2019 Canada (ON)
    Deactivated

At present it has yet to influence my behaviour in the slightest. I’ve been in airports and traveled since this started. I am concerned, however, with what this is doing to the global economy. When the numbers come out over the next few months, I believe the contraction will be shocking.

17. HorseheadsHophead

HorseheadsHophead Grand Pooh-Bah (3,708) Sep 15, 2014 Colorado
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

18. HopBelT

HopBelT Grand Pooh-Bah (3,575) Mar 18, 2014 Belgium
    Super Mod Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Since beer is making me happy, why should this have an effect on my drinking behaviour???

hottenot, GreenBayBA and russpowell like this.
  19. Brewday

Brewday Initiate (0) Dec 25, 2015 New York

Bshaw22 and russpowell like this.
  20. FatBoyGotSwagger

FatBoyGotSwagger Grand Pooh-Bah (3,728) Apr 4, 2009 Pennsylvania
    Pooh-Bah Society

I like how all you guys joke about a disease that will leave you in a coma on a ventilator. Fuck that more for you.

aasher and hottenot like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.