How long is too long

Discussion in 'Cellaring / Aging Beer' started by stig, Jan 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stig

stig Initiate (150) Jan 21, 2007 Minnesota
    Beer Trader

I have some Stone old Guardian and SN Bigfoot that I have been holding on to for going on 5 years now. Do I still let them go or give them a pop??

ehammond1 likes this.
  2. ThePorterSorter

ThePorterSorter Meyvn (1,423) Aug 10, 2010 Oregon
    Beer Trader

Last night i heard about a guy with a SN Bigfoot vertical starting from 1985...bamf

(hope this answered your question)

3. ehammond1

ehammond1 Initiate (0) Jul 4, 2008

...paging baybassboy...

Interestingly, I asked a friend this exact same question the other night. He's my Bigfoot expert.
    His response:
    Ehhh. Tough question. Of the past 5 years right now, I would rate them 09, 11, 13, 10, 12. So I guess I don't find a sweet spot.
    Each batch has slightly different flavors not attributable to age (IMO). 12 had lots of licorice, 11 was/is especially hoppy, 09 was amazing

4. stig

stig Initiate (150) Jan 21, 2007 Minnesota
    Beer Trader

Good to hear from you Eric, actually just trying to get my 3 post minimum so I can ISO/FT but actually do have 4 SN Bigfoot bottles each from 2005 -12.

5. ehammond1

ehammond1 Initiate (0) Jul 4, 2008

I know. :relaxed: I just miss you!
    How was all the Alpine/RR hoppy stuff received? Hope you enjoyed!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Founded in Boston in 1996, BeerAdvocate (BA) is your go-to resource for beer powered by an independent community of enthusiasts and professionals dedicated to supporting and promoting better beer.

Learn More
  • Our Community

Comprised of consumers and industry professionals, many of whom started as members of this site, our community is one of the oldest, largest, and most respected beer communities online.
  • Our Events

Since 2003 we've hosted over 60 world-class beer festivals to bring awareness to independent brewers and educate attendees.
  • Our Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.