Dismiss Notice
We're celebrating 10 years of BeerAdvocate magazine with $10 print subscriptions for US residents.

Subscribe now!

How long is too long

Discussion in 'Cellaring / Aging Beer' started by stig, Jan 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stig

stig Jan 21, 2007 Minnesota
    Beer Trader

I have some Stone old Guardian and SN Bigfoot that I have been holding on to for going on 5 years now. Do I still let them go or give them a pop??
    ehammond1 likes this.
  2. ThePorterSorter

ThePorterSorter Aug 10, 2010 Oregon
    Beer Trader

Last night i heard about a guy with a SN Bigfoot vertical starting from 1985...bamf

(hope this answered your question)
  3. ehammond1

ehammond1 Jul 4, 2008

...paging baybassboy...

Interestingly, I asked a friend this exact same question the other night. He's my Bigfoot expert.
    His response:
    Ehhh. Tough question. Of the past 5 years right now, I would rate them 09, 11, 13, 10, 12. So I guess I don't find a sweet spot.
    Each batch has slightly different flavors not attributable to age (IMO). 12 had lots of licorice, 11 was/is especially hoppy, 09 was amazing
  4. stig

stig Jan 21, 2007 Minnesota
    Beer Trader

Good to hear from you Eric, actually just trying to get my 3 post minimum so I can ISO/FT but actually do have 4 SN Bigfoot bottles each from 2005 -12.
  5. ehammond1

ehammond1 Jul 4, 2008

I know. :) I just miss you!
    How was all the Alpine/RR hoppy stuff received? Hope you enjoyed!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Extreme Beer FestĀ® Cometh

February 3-4, 2017. Boston, Mass. Limited tickets available. Prepare for epicness.

Learn More
  • Free Trial Subscription

Reside in the US? Interested in a free 1-month trial subscription to the print edition of BeerAdvocate magazine?

Yes! Sign Me Up!