How many SN Celebrations have you had?

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by hopscrazy, Dec 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hophead247

hophead247 Disciple (389) Jan 27, 2008 California
    Trader

Working on my second keg of it. Had it multiple other times at other spots other than mine.

2. wobblymailman

wobblymailman Initiate (121) Nov 19, 2006 Massachusetts

I usually go through about 3 cs. but this year it is not doing it for me.

3. EnronCFO

EnronCFO Zealot (565) Mar 29, 2007 Massachusetts

I'm at 60 now. Taking a break from it as I have a bunch of Hill Farmstead to work through. But I'll be back to it after Xmas.

4. dsal89

dsal89 Initiate (0) Jul 6, 2008 Indiana

Ive had about 10 so far. Just bought a 12pk of it.

When people say they bought a case do they mean 24? or the actualy 12pk box case SN has?

5. jesskidden

jesskidden Poo-Bah (2,103) Aug 10, 2005 New Jersey
    Society Trader

A case is 24 -12 oz. bottles- regardless of it's 2 X 12pks, 4 X 6pks, 6 X 4pks or 24 loose bottles.

6. dsal89

dsal89 Initiate (0) Jul 6, 2008 Indiana

Ok that is what i figured lol

7. jesskidden

jesskidden Poo-Bah (2,103) Aug 10, 2005 New Jersey
    Society Trader

Of course, that's not to say that some people aren't erroneously calling 12 packs "cases" in this thread - wouldn't be the first time :wink:

dsal89 likes this.
  8. gator79

gator79 Initiate (0) Nov 1, 2008 Florida

I've made it through 1 12 pack and halfway through a second...so 18.

9. cruzmissile72

cruzmissile72 Initiate (0) Jul 26, 2012 Connecticut

Working on my third 12 pack. It's a bargain and the beer is wonderful. I'm going to drink one in a minute.

10. rubicat

rubicat Initiate (80) Nov 22, 2012 Ohio
    Trader

I bought 2 12's and a 6 this year. My wife really likes it. Between the two of us, we've probably drank 18 so far. I had a few BMC friends over a few days ago but I had no BMC, so I gave them each a Celebration. Two of them really liked it and one of them said that it was "too strong". I'm going to work on them. I may have a couple of converts yet.

11. Namaste108

Namaste108 Initiate (175) Sep 14, 2010 Michigan

One 12 oz. bottle.

12. beerFool28607

beerFool28607 Initiate (0) Feb 22, 2012 North Carolina

I've bought seven cases so far. Just cracked the seventh and certainly haven't drank them all myself..so not sure exactly how many I've had.

Definitely the most of any beer I've ever bought in a year though...by far.

13. JackHorzempa

JackHorzempa Poo-Bah (4,717) Dec 15, 2005 Pennsylvania
    Society

Permit me to opine about Celebration Ale.

Over ten years ago I thought Celebration Ale was OUTSTANDING! I homebrewed a clone of Celebration Ale over 12 years ago and my ‘house’ IPA was basically a Celebration Ale (that I could brew and drink any time of the year). I mean, that beer was the bomb!

Then in 2006/2007 I ‘discovered’ Bells Two Hearted Ale. What an epiphany! I knew right away I had to homebrew this beer. I discarded my Celebration clone recipe like a cheap suit. I have been homebrewing a clone of Two Hearted ever since 2007 (twice a year). I still bought Celebration when it came out but my ‘love’ just wasn’t the same.

A few years later and I had my first Ithaca Flower Power and my first Firestone Walker Union Jack. Wow! Life just keeps getting better and better. I intend to homebrew a clone of Ithaca Flower Power someday (if I ever see a ‘good’ recipe or I am magically enlightened). Over the past few years I have homebrewed an all Citra IPA (inspired by Hill Farmstead), a clone of Alpine Duet, an all Simcoe IPA, and many others.

So, this year I have purchased one six-pack of Celebration. I have drunk 3 of them and I did enjoy drinking them but …..

As John stated: “these days there are plenty of superior options out there”.

I must confess that I am a bit conflicted since I am not showing Celebration the love that beer deserves; instead I am currently drinking a homebrewed Zythos/Simcoe IPA (which is awesome) and Fathead’s Headhunter (which is delicious).

Cheers!

14. mylar

mylar Initiate (0) Dec 13, 2011 Pennsylvania

I'm almost through the case I bought, 2 left I think.

15. RangnaR

RangnaR Initiate (0) Dec 17, 2012 California

Just 1 bottle. I actually preferred this year's Deschutes Jubelale and Widmer Bros. Brrr to SN's Celebration Ale.

16. JigsawRecords

JigsawRecords Initiate (0) Nov 15, 2011 California

damn, got me. =P

17. chumsnards666

chumsnards666 Initiate (0) Dec 11, 2012
    Deactivated

18. tectactoe

tectactoe Poo-Bah (1,802) Mar 20, 2012 Michigan
    Society Trader

Not enough.

19. oya1time

oya1time Initiate (81) Dec 23, 2010 California

Bought a sixer...had 2. I agree it doesnt taste as good as it did in the past.

20. KingforaDay

KingforaDay Crusader (726) Aug 5, 2010 New Jersey
    Trader

Had just 1 and that was enough. There are too many better IPA's out there IMO.

21. lucasj82

lucasj82 Zealot (582) Aug 13, 2009 Indiana

17........ last one of the latest six-pack sitting the fridge door.

22. soughtbygod

soughtbygod Initiate (0) Apr 27, 2011 California

23. ubenumber2

ubenumber2 Initiate (0) Sep 1, 2012 Arkansas

30 , two twelve packs and a sixer , will be more if I can find it , running out in Northeast Arkansas already

24. skinsfan

skinsfan Zealot (555) May 24, 2005 Maryland

Similar for me this year as well. I usually go through a case or two each year, but this year I have only bought a 6-pack, and I still have 4 bottles left from it. I still enjoy it, don't get me wrong, but lately a case of Flower Power, a case of Schlafly Tasmanian IPA and a couple 4-packs of Surly Abrasive have taken priority over Celebration for me this year.

25. Fish

Fish Initiate (0) Dec 19, 2012 Oregon

12-18 of these in the last few weeks. This is the first beer I've had in a looooong time that doesn't start with bud and end with weiser.

I'm so glad I tried it. Now I'm obsessed with trying better beers. Thanks SN!

26. dumpman

dumpman Devotee (439) Feb 6, 2010 Rhode Island

About 36, one of my favorite styles. I hate to jump the gun and bring this topic up but i'm looking forward to the ruthless rye, also a keeper.

27. RobertColianni

RobertColianni Zealot (584) Nov 4, 2008 Pennsylvania
    Brewery

28. Treyliff

Treyliff Poo-Bah (4,510) Aug 10, 2010 West Virginia
    Society Trader

Only a six pack for me, which is more than most beers. I'm a build your own 6pack kinda guy.

29. JimKal

JimKal Zealot (514) Jul 31, 2011 North Carolina

I picked up a sixes and I have worked my way through it but, sadly, this one just doesn't work for me. I have no problem with it being so popular and am gladly letting the rest of you consume my share. I do love IPAs, just not this one or SN's Torpedo. too bad for me as SN is easy to find and priced well.

30. JEdmund

JEdmund Crusader (737) Oct 23, 2006 Kansas

Nearly a case.

31. jbck109

jbck109 Aspirant (222) May 30, 2010 Michigan
    Trader

does it change from year to year? I have only had it last year and loved it, but I am not sure about Cinnamon and honey, have yet to try this years.

32. deadonhisfeet

deadonhisfeet Poo-Bah (2,098) Apr 23, 2011 Kentucky
    Society

I'm on my 3rd sixpack. I figure about the time I finish up a case, Hopslam will come along and distract me (again).

33. beatlefan56

beatlefan56 Initiate (177) Feb 6, 2008 Pennsylvania

Even closer to Nugget Nectar is also from Troegs - Perpetual IPA

34. fehrminator

fehrminator Devotee (411) Jan 26, 2008 North Carolina
    Trader

Is it just me or do others now look at $15 bombers and ask themselves, "would I rather have this bottle or a 12 pack of Celebration?" Been buying a lot of Celebration lately...

incutrav and alexipa like this.
  35. charless

charless Initiate (75) Dec 20, 2010 Maryland

I have a sixtel on tap. Hope to replace with Nugget Nectar when available.
    Cheers

36. TeddyBG

TeddyBG Initiate (191) Jan 24, 2008 Massachusetts

I am into my 4th 12 pack. Apparently, my opinion that the flavor has changed over the years has not affected my consumption.

37. AlcahueteJ

AlcahueteJ Poo-Bah (1,628) Dec 4, 2004 Massachusetts
    Society

How many pots have you smoked? How many times have you gone to the bathroom in your life?

38. SBR

SBR Initiate (0) Dec 19, 2012 Minnesota

10.....have 2 plus another 12 pack in the fridge!

39. ESHBG

ESHBG Disciple (341) Jul 30, 2011 Pennsylvania

One so far this year (I had six last year). I may have another before they vanish, I may not. I find this beer to be just okay and quite over hyped, but...different strokes for different folks! :slight_smile:

40. Prh27

Prh27 Initiate (0) Apr 24, 2012 Virginia

2 cases, just bought a third on Sunday

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.