How to Make a Sea Mule Beer Cocktail

Discussion in 'Article Comments' started by BeerAdvocate, Mar 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BeerAdvocate

BeerAdvocate Admin (17,075) Aug 23, 1996 California
    Staff Society

The four other ingredients in Chesapeake & Maine's light, tart, and citrus-forward Sea Mule cocktail serve to accentuate the prominent flavors of Dogfish Head's sessionable SeaQuench Ale.

Read the full article: How to Make a Sea Mule Beer Cocktail

#1 BeerAdvocate, Mar 27, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2018
  2. PatrickCT

PatrickCT Poo-Bah (2,319) Feb 18, 2015 Connecticut
    Society

I was at Chesapeake & Maine last time we were in Rehoboth. My girlfriend, who likes gin, had this sling or something similar and enjoyed it so much she bought a bottle.

TastyIsBeer, Premo88 and RyanSchwam like this.
  3. IPAExpert69

IPAExpert69 Aspirant (245) Aug 2, 2017 Pennsylvania

First mix I've seen on this site that I'm going to end up actually purchasing. Big G and T guy to begin with (although beer tends to dominate my selections at local bars). Cheers!

Premo88, RyanSchwam and Keene like this.
  4. sb17

sb17 Initiate (0) Dec 26, 2017 Pennsylvania

Thoughts on replacing the gin with vodka/tequila/white rum? Or anything that isn't gin...

Premo88 likes this.
  5. Keene

Keene Initiate (0) Sep 11, 2009 Washington

Without the botanicals in gin, you'll have a noticeably different cocktail, but there's no real harm in trying!

sb17 and Premo88 like this.
  6. Premo88

Premo88 Poo-Bah (2,142) Jun 6, 2010 Texas
    Society

I saw this last week and immediately thought "Hell, yes!" I'm definitely trying this recipe this summer.

It reminds me a lot of the very scaled-down beer "margaritas" we made in college. In sum we used Tecate or Corona instead of margarita mix. Put a salt ring around the rim of the beer glass/mug, squeeze in plenty of fresh lime and drink. No tequila, no triple sec. They're not good for your sodium intake but they're dang tasty. This was back in 1994-95. Little did we realize we were stealing from a 400-year-old German ale recipe. :stuck_out_tongue:

RyanSchwam and TastyIsBeer like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.