Huge success at Lexington bottle share

Discussion in 'South' started by KYGunner, Jan 31, 2013.

1. KYGunner

KYGunner Sep 16, 2012 Kentucky

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who made it to Kevin's tasting room for the bottle share/tasting last night. I thought it was an overwhelming success and an absolute blast. We hope to do it again so if your in Lexington drop me a note and ill keep you in the loop.

The tasting featured about ten brews but the big ones were:

Heady Topper
    BCBS Coffee
    St Bernardus Abt 12
    Goose Island King Henry Barleywine. Which was my favorite!

2. TheBeerAlmanac

TheBeerAlmanac Mar 3, 2011 Kentucky
    Beer Trader

I enjoyed it, can't wait till round 2.

BEERchitect likes this.
  3. bradfordjohnson

bradfordjohnson Jun 18, 2012 Kentucky

Wish I could have made it. I had a Parabola set aside! I did drink a Heady out of the can when I finally got off work. Hopefully I can make it next time, sometime soon?

BEERchitect likes this.
  4. drfabulous

drfabulous Jul 23, 2005 Kentucky
    Subscriber

I'm sorry I couldn't make it. But next time for sure. I have a ton of beers I'd love to share, none available in KY. My favorite thing to do is share beer.

5. BEERchitect

BEERchitect Feb 9, 2005 Kentucky

I had a great time hosting everyone. Thanks to TheBeerAlmanac, BarCzar and Nolen12 for sharing such great beers. And a special thanks to KYGunner for his beers and for getting us all together. We discussed maybe getting together every 3 months or so. If any other BA's want to participate, then let us know. DrFabulous, SplitGrin, BradfordJohnson- we're sorry that you couldn't make it this round but we'll have to get you next time.

By the way, my top three were:
    King Henry
    Heady Topper
    Fantome Extra Sour

Nolen12 likes this.
  6. BuckTuckian

BuckTuckian Dec 19, 2012 Kentucky
    Beer Trader

With enough notice, I would try to attend.
    Thanks!

7. Magery

Magery Sep 29, 2004 Kentucky

i haven't been around much the last couple months so i missed this. sorry for not replying to the pm's i was sent. hopefully we can do this again some time

8. drfabulous

Subscriber

If anybody is up for a bottle share in the near future, maybe we can figure one out.

9. Kotie

Kotie Feb 15, 2012 Kentucky

Any plans for another bottle share?

10. BEERchitect

BEERchitect Feb 9, 2005 Kentucky

We discussed doing one every three months or so. If that holds true then next month we'll get into another tasting. KYGunner did a good job of organizing that tasting, maybe he can help out with another. I'm happy to host the tasting much like I did in January.

Kotie and TheBeerAlmanac like this.
  11. Magery

Magery Sep 29, 2004 Kentucky

next sometime would be cool. i'll be out of town most of this month so i was selfishly hoping one wasn't being planned for march haha

12. Tchfunkta

Tchfunkta May 14, 2009 Kentucky

I might be interested in participating. I'm out west in Seattle about every month so I could most likely contribute some bottles.

Also, at some to be determined date in the near future, I will be heading up North to take an aimless brewery stroll around Lake Michigan. I'm sure there will be bottles a plenty.

13. mabmab67

mabmab67 Nov 7, 2011 Kentucky
    Beer Trader

I'd be interested in joining in on the festivities if possible. Thanks

14. drfabulous

Subscriber

Out of town next week, but keep me in the loop. I want to come.

15. KYzac

KYzac Jun 27, 2009 Kentucky

I just heard about this not too long ago and am bummed I missed out. But I'll be watching this thread and hopefully can be involved in the next one. Cheers!

BEERchitect likes this.
  16. mabmab67

mabmab67 Nov 7, 2011 Kentucky
    Beer Trader

Anyone for starting up some talks about another bottle share?.. wasnt able to be apart of the last one

17. drfabulous

Subscriber

Missed the last one. But I'm always up for one.

18. Jake_Ramrod

Jake_Ramrod Feb 19, 2013 Kentucky

Sounds fun to me. I have some nice bottles right now - Westy, Supplication, etc.

19. Shagator

Shagator Mar 17, 2012 Kentucky

I would like to attend as well. Have a few to contribute

20. McUbermensch

McUbermensch Feb 18, 2013 Kentucky
    Beer Trader

Count me in! I'll bring something real nice!

21. SPLITGRIN

SPLITGRIN May 13, 2003 Kentucky
    Beer Trader

I would have really loved to have made it. I'm kind of lonely down here in Southern Ky. It is really tough for me to get two days off in a row to get up there to hang out with you all. It will happen though. I have been working hard on growing the craft beer scene down here. It is coming along slowly but nicely. I can't wait to meet you all.

Michael

BEERchitect likes this.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Return of the Belgian Beer Fest

BeerAdvocate Brings its All-Belgian Fest to Portland, Maine on September 17, 2016. Tickets are on sale now.

Learn More
  • Get the Mag

Become a BeerAdvocate magazine print subscriber today.

Subscribe