Hunahpu's Day is back! March 14, 2015

Discussion in 'US - South' started by HopsJunkiedotcom, Sep 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cmgray03

cmgray03 Initiate (0) Dec 28, 2012 Colorado

I just moved to Tampa last week and secured a ticket. I'll be there solo so looking forward to meeting you people there.

Also, looking to join any groups for bottle shares if they'd be willing to have me and my beer.

sparkito likes this.
  2. Bobby904

Bobby904 Initiate (0) Jun 20, 2014 Florida

I've lurked on here for years, but never really posted. A couple of my friends and I got tix and will be making the trip down from Jacksonville, FL. Hope to meet some of you guys!

3. LADEDA

LADEDA Disciple (352) Jul 29, 2014 Florida

Anybody remember?; "I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today"

4. rightcoast7

rightcoast7 Disciple (387) Apr 2, 2011 Maine
    Trader

Yeah food looks pretty bunk. I had a feeling including food in the ticket price was not going to result in an awesome deal for us.

5. HoptimusPrimeIPA

HoptimusPrimeIPA Initiate (0) Dec 11, 2010 Florida

Damn, I was hoping for cuban sammiches....

jivex5k, bryanole27, jloomis and 2 others like this.
  6. basto

basto Initiate (0) Mar 7, 2014 Utah

Looks like I will be bringing some food... That is not going to be enough for the amount drinking I have planned.

7. kayakandbeer

kayakandbeer Aspirant (231) Aug 16, 2013 Florida
    Trader

Yep. Ropa. Done and done. (Also, not to nitpick, but eggs are vegetarian-friendly?)

This is going to be like a beer nerds and elementary school lunch table mashup. ISO: Hunabrownies. FT: pudding cup

Vegetarian yes..Vegan no

So I'm confused (which isn't hard) for the extra cost of $50 or so we get to chose one item :grimacing: That better be some badass Ropa, Brat, Potatoe, Mac salad. Heck maybe the brownie has somthing special in it for that cost.

Going to be a great time anyway without the extra 5000+ beards walking around :wink:

8. Lasering

Lasering Initiate (0) Mar 19, 2013 Florida

I really hope my cellar is ready for the amount of bottle sharing happening that weekend.

9. VinceMig

VinceMig Initiate (0) Jun 21, 2013 Georgia

Anyone know if the guy with the snake got a ticket again? Did his snake get a ticket?

floridadrift likes this.
  10. Ravenacht

Ravenacht Aspirant (206) Aug 10, 2012 Florida

Cellar and liver are both ready......

11. BlumBeer

BlumBeer Initiate (0) May 17, 2012 Florida

I got a ticket..lets rock and roll!

valrxman likes this.
  12. Thedrizzle

Thedrizzle Initiate (0) Sep 10, 2012 Florida

Where you staying Josh?

13. HopAttack3

HopAttack3 Initiate (0) Sep 15, 2011 Virginia

22 pages and its 7 weeks out? 50 page mark a month out from the event!

Wish I could go, maybe next year!

14. Beer4B

Beer4B Initiate (0) Feb 28, 2014 Florida

Just when I thought I could go a day or two without thinking about Huna Day...

they add DB Huna to the tap list. Hoping most have had it and I can easily get a pour!

valrxman and JWQ like this.
  15. Lare453

Lare453 Meyvn (1,431) Feb 1, 2012 Florida
    Trader

I don't.

16. Fabriciocvel

Fabriciocvel Initiate (0) Oct 20, 2014 Brazil

Hi there!!! I'm coming from Brazil for HD2015 and would like to share some beers with you guys!! I can bring any Brazilian beer (some of the bests are DUM Pretoleum, Wals Dubbel, Bodebrown Perigosa, Bodebown Double Perigosa, Bodebrown Wee Heavy n Wee Heavy BA, Colorado Ithaca, Bodebrown Cacau IPA (collab with Stone) n many others!!! I'll be in Tampa from March 13th to 17th. My instagram is @beerhunterbrazil. See you soon at the Festival!!!! Cheers!!

17. MDarius

MDarius Initiate (0) Jan 23, 2015

18. markgugs

markgugs Initiate (0) Dec 20, 2006 New Jersey

bem-vindo!

19. riemster

riemster Initiate (0) Mar 17, 2011 Ohio

I almost decided to be 1 of the first people to plan on NOT going even after buying my EC ticket.

Monday morning, my closest friend in life tragically died in a car accident. (28yo) I have been mourning my loss all week. We had planned on meeting up during the summer to share some special beer after he finished his degree. He wanted to try the new Hunahpu and I have a DBH that I've been saving for him. He surprised me late last year with some pizza boy funkers and other sours to open when we would have met up. (We live in different states) Ugh. Happy things like the greatest beerfest and sad things like an end to life just don't add up! Every time I think about Hunahpu's Day I can't help but feel guilty. I've felt so many mixed emotions about going, but I ultimately decided that he would probably want me to still go and enjoy life. I guess I'll just be keeping the DBH for awhile now. No idea what I'll do with it.

20. LADEDA

LADEDA Disciple (352) Jul 29, 2014 Florida

My condolences, sir. If I may, please approach Huna Day as a celebration of life. It would seem from your writing that your friend would want you to enjoy the day. I would also suggest that you carry your prized liquid with you and share the treasure with those who would appreciate it the most. Cherish the memories.

21. CoachWOHS

CoachWOHS Initiate (0) Dec 22, 2013 Florida

Thoughts and prayers for you and your friends family. Do what your friend would want and attend the festival and enjoy the great beers. Cheers

jrnyc and riemster like this.
  22. baconmcnuggets

baconmcnuggets Initiate (0) Mar 11, 2013 Florida

Oh, how terrible. I'm so sorry for this loss you're suffering. I agree that you should go and celebrate his life there - you'll be surrounded by friends like us.

23. Gtreid

Gtreid Initiate (0) Mar 27, 2008 Florida

As someone who has dealt with loss, I can sympathize with what you are going through. My prayers are with you. That being said....if you were planning to drink that dbh, pour your friends portion, and dump it in his honor. Beer seems very trivial in times like this, but as others have said, celebrate his life, and try and enjoy the day.

24. HopDawg03

HopDawg03 Initiate (0) Jan 12, 2015 Georgia

So sorry for your loss, I have lost a lot of loved ones as well but go to Huna. He will be there in spirit and enjoy the day & that dbh with you!

riemster likes this.
  25. BlumBeer

Staying at @SkinnyT house for the first few nights...then at Hilton on saturday

Heatwave33 and SkinnyT like this.
  26. valrxman

valrxman Disciple (306) Jun 30, 2010 Florida
    Trader

Dude sorry for your loss. Send out a name and I am sure we will all raise a glass to him either when we see it or on Huna day.:slight_frown:

CoachWOHS and riemster like this.
  27. pgrenvicz

pgrenvicz Initiate (0) Nov 15, 2013 Georgia

I had their Morning Bell a few months ago. and I think I'll trust you on this one. Can't wait till March!

markgugs likes this.
  28. riemster

riemster Initiate (0) Mar 17, 2011 Ohio

Thanks every one. That really felt good to see some of your responses. I almost deleted my post immediately after posting it because who wants to see depressing personal news? I'm glad I didn't though. Apologies for the sad feels. On the positive side of things, the family has decided to have a celebration of life roughly when he would have graduated. Many beers will be shared with his family on that day. I was the friend who got him into craft after all. Shared my first Cantillon with him at Monk's Cafe during Philly Beer Week 2013. Ugh, I think I'm doing it again. Thanks again... I'm excited for that taplist!!!

sicilian, HopDawg03, valrxman and 5 others like this.
  29. Devman171

Devman171 Defender (619) May 16, 2013 Maryland
    Trader

Hopefully the DB Huna line will be longer than the MD one!

Is the Summation BA? Can't find much information on it, can't wait!

30. Thirsty_Moe

Thirsty_Moe Initiate (168) Jul 29, 2012 Florida
    Trader

Yes. Summation is a barrel aged stout treated with coffee and vanilla beans

31. BlumBeer

The huna day batch will have an extra special batch of coffee as well :grinning:

valrxman and Devman171 like this.
  32. Hopzilla

Hopzilla Initiate (103) Dec 4, 2013 Florida
    Trader

Cheers @riemster . Anyone with an Arrested Development avatar is aaaalright.

riemster and mateoloco like this.
  33. cmacc24

cmacc24 Initiate (0) Nov 30, 2013 Florida

Agreed.

riemster, Hopzilla and mateoloco like this.
  34. Jujubie

Jujubie Initiate (0) Dec 15, 2014 California

This will be my first Huna day. I'm arriving near midnight on Friday and flying out Sunday morning. Saturday night will be my only chance for events/bottle share! I'm from San Francisco Bay Area, so I can bring some Russian River, Bruery, etc. What is everyone interested in? So excited to compare Pliny the Elder and Heady Topper!

35. markgugs

markgugs Initiate (0) Dec 20, 2006 New Jersey

jesus dude, why not take a few a days? you're going to want to die on Sunday morning lol

36. ElGordito

ElGordito Initiate (0) Jul 10, 2011 Virginia

And I thought my trip was short! I'm arriving by lunch on Friday and leaving Sunday morning. Thankfully the wife will be doing most of the driving Sunday so I can rest my liver in the car.

37. SixThousandDollars

SixThousandDollars Initiate (0) Jul 1, 2012 Florida

LOL I will be sleeping in the hotel then in the car on Sunday because the weekend will have taken its toll.

38. Lare453

Lare453 Meyvn (1,431) Feb 1, 2012 Florida
    Trader

Sara, rare barrel, Cellarmaker

Heatwave33 likes this.
  39. TBCHopscotch032

TBCHopscotch032 Initiate (0) Feb 6, 2012 Florida

A lot of people have had it and thats exactly why it will be hard to get a pour.

TampaRainman and Heatwave33 like this.
  40. JWQ

JWQ Initiate (0) Apr 1, 2014 Pennsylvania

This might be a premature question, but what time is everyone getting there? I know it starts at 11, but is there any need to get there that much before? The gf is trying to plan brunch at 9am and I don't want to be rushed.

I feel like a 10:30ish arrival is cool right?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.