Hunahpu's Day (weekend) Thanks

Discussion in 'South Atlantic' started by jloomis, Mar 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vapodge

vapodge Initiate (0) Nov 24, 2009 Florida

Oh, dear. I had a blast, but my memory is super spotty. Flew in from San Diego Friday night and had a bottle share at the Hilton that night. CaptCleveland busted into one of our rooms when we were unpacking. Tried to get in touch with him later that night to join in, but to no avail. Was wired and also three hours behind and wound up staying up all night.

Bad move.

Got in line around 5:30 and started sharing and may have taken a quick catnap. Got in and one of the first beers handed my way was a Westy 12. At 7:45AM. Crazy generosity by an awesome fellow who opened it, took a pour and walked away. Immediately after that was a Bourbon County Cherry Rye. Insane. I hope my Alpines were enjoyed -- I feel like I am in debt to so many. Randy for his CO roadtrip brews. Finally chatting for real with Craig from Gainesville.

Shout-outs to two fellow Upstaters whose names I don't remember -- Jared was one and the other had a sweet 'stache and was generous with his Flower Power.

Should've gotten more sleep prior but still had an awesome time.

Oh, and aepb1 is the man. That is all.

2. jloomis

jloomis Pundit (948) Jan 6, 2010 Florida
    Trader

Big thanks to all of you from Jacksonville for sharing, and especially nulledge for the Gilgamesh and Fou Foune!

wscaffe likes this.
  3. atothesquiz

atothesquiz Initiate (0) May 2, 2011 New York

I was the upstate new yorker with the cherry Rye and flower powers, among other bottles that I can't even remember. Your Alpines were some of my favorite of the day and it was a blast to set up camp with you guys.

4. woodchopper

woodchopper Initiate (0) Jul 31, 2010 Illinois

its beer brother and its meant to be shared glad we all had a blast I hope to do it next year too!

5. kirbmeist

kirbmeist Initiate (0) Mar 16, 2012 Florida

cant wait my friend

woodchopper likes this.
  6. 7clutch

7clutch Zealot (532) Sep 14, 2012 Florida
    Trader

Thanks to woodchopper for making sure I didn't pour ppl any cork-infused cantillon gueuze haha...last time I buy a $2 wine opener from a gas station at 6 am with my sobriety already in question :-x

luwak, deezy23, woodchopper and 4 others like this.
  7. nulledge

nulledge Initiate (0) Jul 14, 2008 Florida

No worries, I'm always happy to share. Also, thanks for passing that RR our way.

jloomis likes this.
  8. raymo55

raymo55 Initiate (0) Oct 3, 2011 Michigan

That was a beautiful moment.

woodchopper and 7clutch like this.
  9. 7clutch

Trader

And as much as I had obliterated it he managed to take the cork apart piece by piece without letting a single shred get in. Dr. Woodchopper, Beer Surgeon.

10. mixed_master7

mixed_master7 Initiate (0) May 16, 2012 Florida

As the name suggests.

Was a great event with awesome beer and even better people!
    Hope to see everyone at the Berliner Bash at Peg's, coming up.

Cheers!

kirbmeist and 7clutch like this.
  11. woodchopper

as long as it took to open that one i could of had 2-3 more beers down ....... that cork might of kept me from getting to cloudy and polluted 1st thing in the morning too..... Oh wait it wasn't even 6 am when you crack that one :wink:

i am going to say its because it was too dark out :wink:

ya laugh it up Raymo i saw you laughing...... :slight_frown: but we pulled through like champs not chumps :slight_smile:

raymo55 and 7clutch like this.
  12. 7clutch

Trader

I tried to be a tough guy (and a dumbass) and leave without a jacket. My wife knew better but we were in a rush so she grabbed an extra jacket of hers. Between the fact that I was wearing a woman's jacket and a big lumberjack had to save my scrawny ass from my pathetic struggle to open a bottle of beer, I can definitively say my masculine pride took a terrible blow (which recovered mightily when woodchopper and crew opened up that barrel aged hi-fi. :slight_smile:)

13. GoldfishSlayer

GoldfishSlayer Initiate (0) Nov 27, 2012 Illinois

Hmm... I beleive the last question I asked him before we left for the airport was, "Do you need a corkscrew?"
    Woodchopper said, "Ahhh...who needs a corkscrew?!?"

woodchopper and 7clutch like this.
  14. donttazemebro

donttazemebro Initiate (0) Oct 23, 2011 Florida

Had a killer time meeting those of you I met. I can't even remember who I did and didn't meet. All I know is that my Untappd records from last weekend were nuts. Great great time and I hope all of you out of staters enjoyed yourselves and had safe journeys home!

15. woodchopper

Iso address so I can send you a real corkscrew :wink:

and don't worry about the women's jacket no one probably notice til you mentioned it :slight_frown:
    it's not like it had flowers and hearts all over it :wink:

never admit nothing at a beer release I would of went with a bad cork story :wink:

7clutch likes this.
  16. deezy23

deezy23 Initiate (0) Nov 15, 2009 Georgia

Ha great to sit next to you guys and have some of that gueuze

Does anyone know if the woman who stumbled past us before the corkscrew moment survived to even see the entry gates?

7clutch likes this.
  17. brewbetter

brewbetter Initiate (0) Jun 2, 2012 Nauru

What was the final tap list?

18. gunhaver

gunhaver Initiate (0) May 27, 2007 Florida

not sure anyone really knows that

BigGene likes this.
  19. thirstygator

thirstygator Initiate (0) Mar 29, 2012 Florida

That was me with the Westy and I'm glad you enjoyed it! We had a great time and enjoyed too many brews to list (or remember). And yes, Andy is the man!

20. xxcarpxx

xxcarpxx Initiate (0) Jan 13, 2011 Alabama

I'm not sure she even made it back to her spot in line...haha

7clutch likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.