I am going to be in Chicago for the Super Bowl

Discussion in 'Great Lakes' started by jesseparker1, Dec 31, 2012.

1. jesseparker1

jesseparker1 Sep 24, 2010 Minnesota
    Beer Trader

I am going to be in Chicago for the Super Bowl with my wife and another couple. Looking for a Craft Beer Bar that will be showing the game that is not going to be crazy. We are all craft drinkers going down there to have dinner at The Publican on Friday and hit up a couple other places.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2. agwalters

agwalters Nov 10, 2006 Illinois
    Beer Trader

I'd be all over Haymarket if I were you. It's reasonably close to Publican, it's BIG and has TVs everywhere. Best of all, they are turning out some of the best local craft brews around right now and always have a nice variety of guest taps going.

3. Flabbyjandro

Flabbyjandro Jun 12, 2012 Illinois
    Beer Trader

If you go, get the Angels Envy barreled stout...it's amazing, just grabbed another growler tonight for the festivities

4. biglobo8971

biglobo8971 May 6, 2010 Minnesota
    Beer Trader

I thought the SB was in New Orleans this year.

5. aclara

aclara Mar 16, 2011 Illinois
    Beer Trader

football season is officially over in chicago...:(

6. aclara

aclara Mar 16, 2011 Illinois
    Beer Trader

try the chicago beer examiner a couple of days before...Mark will probably list the events for that weekend

7. buzze40

buzze40 Mar 9, 2010 Illinois

Oh yeah, bars that have great craft beers, good TVs and not crowded for the Super Bowl.... uh... how about pick 2 out of 3....

Twisted Spoke also close to Publican, great tap list

8. Billolick

Billolick Dec 20, 2003 New York
    Subscriber

try Piece Pizza & Brewery
    Quality beer, pizza and good for sports events

RTrain12 and Flabbyjandro like this.
  9. Mattmc1973

Mattmc1973 Jun 4, 2008 Michigan
    Beer Trader

I too will be in Chicago over Super Bowl weekend. Pumped to drink some great beer!

10. mecummins

mecummins Nov 16, 2012 Illinois

Haymarket is a really good call. They have a well priced and curated beer list (home & guest) and decent food. They have plenty of TVs too.

If you're looking for an event, Chicago Beer Geeks is hosting one. It looks like Lagunutas is sponsoring so my bet is that it will be mostly their beer (and the reference on the info page to lemon drop shots does trouble me...). But if you want an all inclusive night, this would work.
    http://www.chicagobeergeeks.com/ai1...-present-the-superbowl-bash/?instance_id=1119

• About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Return of the Belgian Beer Fest

BeerAdvocate Brings its All-Belgian Fest to Portland, Maine on September 17, 2016. Tickets are on sale now.

Learn More
  • Get the Mag

Become a BeerAdvocate magazine print subscriber today.

Subscribe