Great Britain I Found The Pub I posted about, Help With Leicestershire.

Discussion in 'Europe' started by Mark, Jan 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mark

Mark Initiate (0) Jun 18, 2001 California

Mates, the pub I posted about is in Oakham. We are visiting Melton Mowbray. Trains connect right? On the London line or a different one? We have hop on and hop off ability with our rail pass. The pub is the White Lion Hotel. Thanks for any info.

2. Mark

Mark Initiate (0) Jun 18, 2001 California

BTW, I do know Oakham is in Rutland.

3. ReluctantScoop

ReluctantScoop Initiate (0) Apr 29, 2012 United Kingdom (England)

Melton to Oakham is about ten minutes on the train. Is there a particular reason why you want to visit the White Lion?

4. marquis

marquis Crusader (717) Nov 20, 2005 United Kingdom (England)

Try the Grainstore Brewery and its tap near the railway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Founded in Boston in 1996, BeerAdvocate (BA) is your go-to resource for beer powered by an independent community of enthusiasts and professionals dedicated to supporting and promoting better beer.

Learn More
  • Our Community

Comprised of consumers and industry professionals, many of whom started as members of this site, our community is one of the oldest, largest, and most respected beer communities online.
  • Our Events

Since 2003 we've hosted over 60 world-class beer festivals to bring awareness to independent brewers and educate attendees.
  • Our Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.