I will be in Arlington/Alexandria Virginia next week. What are some must hit places?

Discussion in 'US - South' started by cmiller4642, Jun 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cmiller4642

cmiller4642 Aug 17, 2013 West Virginia

We're going to be in the DC area from Friday-Monday.

I'll be in Washington too so I'm going to go to places in Adams Morgan and Georgetown as well, but I'm definitely looking for some places to get good IPA's. Retail is a must visit because I'll have my car and I'll be able to put it in the trunk and take it home.

2. hoppytobehere

hoppytobehere Aug 10, 2012 District of Columbia

Aslin is open for can sales I think everyday now in the summer. Avoid rush hour (go before they close at 8) and it will only be a half hour drive.

3. cmiller4642

I don't think I'll be able to make it to Aslin unfortunately.

4. cmiller4642

Is there any way to get Aslin in the city on tap? I just want to try it

5. ArlVABeerGuy

ArlVABeerGuy Feb 23, 2012 Virginia
    Society Trader

In Arlington, go to The Brew Shop, Arrowine and K-1. In Falls Church (about a 15-20 minute drive away), go to Dominion Beer and Wine. On the Arlington/Alexandria border hit up Dept of Beer and Wine. These are the best bottle shops close to you.

6. hoppytobehere

hoppytobehere Aug 10, 2012 District of Columbia

It's usually on tap at Churchkey, which I hope is on your list of stops in DC.

7. cmiller4642

Yea I'll be up in that area as well. I went on my last trip and it was out the door.

8. Slack

Slack Feb 14, 2012 Virginia
    Trader

As previously stated, ChurchKey typically has it on tap. Similarly the other restaurants in that group like Meridian Pint, Brookland Pint, and Red Apron Butcher among others. Untappd and beer menus are pretty reliable to find Aslin in DC.

9. lateralusbeer

lateralusbeer Feb 7, 2010 North Carolina
    Society Trader

Norm's Beer and Wine is an excellent, family owned bottle shop in Vienna, not far at all. Great prices, selection and people

ArlVABeerGuy likes this.
  10. cmiller4642

Any other IPA's I should try? NE juice bombs in the area?

11. Slack

Slack Feb 14, 2012 Virginia
    Trader

You should be able to find some Rar, Equilibrium, Veil, Solace, etc around town however i would rely on BA/Untappd for ratings.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.