Great Britain I'm going to London!! Best beers to bring back?

Discussion in 'Europe' started by Bootz, Apr 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bootz

Bootz Initiate (0) Dec 6, 2005 Indiana

New to the forum, but this sure seems like the best place to get a good answer.

I'm interested in some of the best beers available in England (London, Leicester, Sheffield areas) to bring home for trade bait.

Thoughts/Suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
    Bootz

2. DaveAnderson

DaveAnderson Devotee (479) Jan 11, 2011 Minnesota

Since you are in Indiana, you might mention that you plan to bring some Zombie Dust (and other Three Floyds goodies) for a BA willing to beer your London beer guide.

3. jmw

jmw Initiate (0) Feb 4, 2009 North Carolina

Don't look at it as a chance to collect trade bait. Why not go and drink in the pubs and enjoy the beers yourself as it is meant to be.

4. paxton1978

paxton1978 Initiate (0) Aug 8, 2008 United Kingdom (England)

What JMW said. However spending a morning at the Kernel and buying a few bottles to take back isn't a bad way to spend some time!

5. CwrwAmByth

CwrwAmByth Poo-Bah (1,721) Jan 24, 2011 United Kingdom (England)

Yep, Kernel (for pale ales) and nearby Partizan (their saisons). Beavertown too. When are you in London?

6. jl28r1

jl28r1 Zealot (511) Jan 10, 2011 Texas
    Subscriber

Since you won't be able to get them again any time soon, bring back the ones you like the most for yourself and to share with friends. You should already have "trade bait" at home.

7. Bootz

Bootz Initiate (0) Dec 6, 2005 Indiana

Well, to be more specific, my wife is going to London on business. Otherwise, I surely would be enjoying the first hand experience.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Founded in Boston in 1996, BeerAdvocate (BA) is your go-to resource for beer powered by an independent community of enthusiasts and professionals dedicated to supporting and promoting better beer.

Learn More
  • Our Community

Comprised of consumers and industry professionals, many of whom started as members of this site, our community is one of the oldest, largest, and most respected beer communities online.
  • Our Events

Since 2003 we've hosted over 60 world-class beer festivals to bring awareness to independent brewers and educate attendees.
  • Our Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.