I'm on a time limit and lost as to how to make this happen....

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by Shaliquinn, Dec 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shaliquinn

Shaliquinn Initiate (0) Dec 17, 2013 Oregon

My husband is a HUGE beer fanatic. So after months of research I think i found something that will "wow" him. Now I have been looking for it for weeks in our local stores (didn't know it wasn't released here in Oregon)

Crap.

Well so now I know they have it in many stores in southern California and over in Illinois.... Problem is I didn't know about beer trading 30 days in advance for this sight to use it, however I was wondering if there is another way for me to get a hold of it, as it is kind of rare. Limited of course (had to be complicated)

Think I have called every store under the sun shopping for this one stupid beer, but I am at the point of tears as I wanted to do this for him on Christmas, because I knew it would mean a lot to him.

I am looking for "Goose Island - Bourbon County Stout 2013, It was released after thanksgiving this year and is almost completely sold out almost every where I go... Any other ideas guys? You'd be my hero if I can find a way to make this work!!

2. msubulldog25

msubulldog25 Initiate (0) Aug 3, 2005 Oregon

I moved this thread from Beer Talk to the Northwest forum... since you're in Oregon...
    Bourbon County did have distribution in Washington (see this thread).

Even though you can't trade yet as a new member, I'm sure some NW eyes will see this thread and someone may respond with helpful advice or a means of getting you some in time for Christmas...

Good luck & welcome to BA!
    Brian

jrnyc likes this.
  3. honkduh

honkduh Aspirant (228) Jun 2, 2011 Oregon

Where in Oregon are you?

4. Kurmaraja

Kurmaraja Poo-Bah (2,516) May 21, 2013 California
    Trader

It would be brilliant if this was someone's scheme to play on people's emotions to get BCBS.

Sarlacc83 likes this.
  5. distantmantra

distantmantra Meyvn (1,067) May 23, 2011 Washington
    Trader

I thought that, too. I want to believe this is honest, though.

6. w_klon

w_klon Initiate (90) Aug 1, 2012 Oregon
    Trader

Why didn't I think of this...? Haha

In all honesty, everywhere I know that got BCBS here in OR, had a 1 bottle limit. Even if you were 'all muled up', you got an 8 pack (?) after driving around town. Too much trouble on their part to trade or 'help a brother out' with those bottles.

The only way I see OP getting some help, would be getting a trading connection from someone in another region that got a larger allocation.

7. w_klon

Trader

But...If you got any, consider yourself lucky. I'm sure he would

8. chinochino

chinochino Initiate (99) Jul 29, 2013 Washington

or....to turn this frown upside down, how about getting him a great beer that has not made it to the unobtainium level?

Is Fremont available in Oregon?

9. jrnyc

jrnyc Meyvn (1,121) Mar 21, 2010 New York
    Trader

This should be an easy one, this beer was distributed all over the country.

10. w_klon

Trader

This is true. If my girl got me some BBomb for Xmas, I'd be stoked. But...

No Fremont in OR, though.

11. Texwild

Texwild Initiate (77) May 1, 2008 Washington
    Industry

You can try to order Bbomb through Letspour.com. They distribute all Fremont beers and may ship to OR. CAN YOU GET TO.L VANCOUVER WA? Are you in Portland?

12. honkduh

honkduh Aspirant (228) Jun 2, 2011 Oregon

Who has Bbomb in Vancouver?

13. w_klon

Trader

Srsly?

14. Adamnimmo

Adamnimmo Initiate (0) Nov 14, 2013 Oregon

Where are you located, I managed to score a few extras and could let 1or2 go.

15. CardsWinAgain

CardsWinAgain Initiate (169) Jul 24, 2013 Oregon
    Trader

Im surprised your husband didn't already make this happen since there's like 20,000 cases of the 2013 in circulation and he's a HUGE beer fanatic.

Sarlacc83 and AugiePrimrose like this.
  16. AugiePrimrose

AugiePrimrose Initiate (0) Nov 19, 2009 Illinois

OP, if it's almost sold out almost everywhere you go...then why don't you just buy one? If you live in Oregon, how can it be almost sold out when they have never recieved it? Less than a day on the site and already knows about trading. Sounds like this guy was trying to sucker someone from the main board into trading BCBS for Oregon beer before it got moved into the PNW section.

CardsWinAgain likes this.
  17. beeraroundtown

beeraroundtown Initiate (49) Oct 11, 2008 Oregon

Does it need to be the 2013 version? Where in Oregon are you? There was a place that had bottles of an older year for sale, I could check to see if they still had it.

18. CaylorSwift

CaylorSwift Initiate (0) Oct 20, 2013 Oregon

Guys, guys. I think we are missing the most important part of this thread...

...Where in Vancouver are there bottles of BBomb? By The Bottle? Whole Foods? Bevmo?

w_klon likes this.
  19. jrnyc

jrnyc Meyvn (1,121) Mar 21, 2010 New York
    Trader

Wow, I must admit, the thought of a scam entered my mind, but has the competition for these prized beers gotten so intense that we know think a post like this is not real?

Hopefully it is a real post and someone with extra BCBS hooks this new poster up. If I was the OP and read this thread would really have a negative view of the community.

kscaldef, Eighty, sharpski and 2 others like this.
  20. NWer

NWer Crusader (788) Mar 10, 2009 Washington

I really don't like the tone this thread has taken. We're not like that! Can't someone help her out?
    Besides, no way did a guy write that. Too many words :slight_smile:

21. John_M

John_M Poo-Bah (6,501) Oct 25, 2003 Oregon
    Moderator Society Trader

Agreed Larry. Also.... all this for just one bottle of beer? Seems to be that if you were trying to scam someone, you might aim a little higher (looking for at least a 4 pack, if not an entire case).

Also... just my two cents, but right now Belmont Station has 8 different variants of 50 50 Eclipse. That would totally work for me in the event I couldn't find any BCBS.

CaylorSwift likes this.
  22. SeaAle

SeaAle Disciple (361) Jun 24, 2012 Oregon

I see Beer Junction just got a lot more in. Maybe some headed down to Vancouver also.

[​IMG]

23. mrgabe

mrgabe Initiate (0) Jul 12, 2013 Oregon

If it does not need to be 2013, I could part with a bottle of the 2012. Plus as others have said there are some great local beers (and some not so local but available) that are also in the WOW category.

24. CaylorSwift

CaylorSwift Initiate (0) Oct 20, 2013 Oregon

OP I would just go for the 50 50 Eclipse. If they have any of the Buffalo Trace aged bottles left, I'd go for that one. So tasty, glad I got a couple of them.

25. GiveMeNoBeer

GiveMeNoBeer Initiate (0) Oct 14, 2013 Washington

OP hasn't been back since this was posted. I sent a PM offering a bottle but it's not gonna help if she doesn't follow up

26. NWer

NWer Crusader (788) Mar 10, 2009 Washington

Yeah. I noticed that too. Go figure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.