Indianapolis in March

Discussion in 'US - Midwest' started by yasky, Jan 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yasky

yasky Disciple (386) Dec 21, 2008 Canada (ON)

I'll be going to Indy for my first time in March on Business. Outside of Sun King, anywhere I should make a point of visiting for a couple of pints and bottles to bring back home?

2. TheodorHerzl

TheodorHerzl Initiate (0) Mar 30, 2007 Indiana

Are you on foot or have a car?
    What part of town are you staying?

3. Kbyfield

Kbyfield Initiate (0) Aug 13, 2009 Wisconsin

aasher likes this.
  4. yasky

Will be staying at the Marriot beside the convention centre. Walking or Cabbing is likely my way of getting around, though I could probably rent a car.

5. Boilerfood

Boilerfood Initiate (0) Jun 5, 2012 Indiana

On one trip, go have lunch at Bluebeard or La Margarita. Then visit New Day Meadery and Fountain Square Brewery. On your next cab right go to Sun King, and Flat 12.

aasher likes this.
  6. TallPaul07

TallPaul07 Initiate (136) Sep 4, 2010 Indiana

You can't pass up Twenty Tap if you're in town! In terms of bottles to bring back home, you should stop at Kahn's on Keystone Ave on your way back downtown for bottles. The beer buyer, Al (aasher on BA), will send you on your way with some awesome stuff (despite the fact that he is a Carolina Panthers fan).

aasher likes this.
  7. aasher

aasher Poo-Bah (3,609) Jan 27, 2010 Indiana
    Society

If you stop by Kahns I'll take care of you, unless its on a Monday :wink:

8. JohnfromPurdue

JohnfromPurdue Initiate (87) Apr 27, 2009 Indiana
    Trader

Those exist?

9. Casedogg43

Casedogg43 Disciple (313) Jan 4, 2012 Indiana

10. Luckytiki

Luckytiki Initiate (0) Jul 15, 2010 Indiana

Flat12, TwentyTap, BlackAcre, Tomlinson Taproom, Bier Brewery. Not all of these places are open during the early part of the week.

Should be able to pick up the standard three floyd's stuff and maybe zombie dust if you're lucky.

11. psykosis

psykosis Initiate (0) May 21, 2009 Indiana

Black Acre and Brassiere Brugge are my two favorite breweries. Twenty Tap is my usual go-to bar. Let me know when you'll be in town and if you're free in the evening, and I can play taxi. I'm always looking for a reason to go out for a beer.

12. yasky

Psy - I'll likely take you up on that. Im there Mid to late March, just getting the dates firmed up.

13. psykosis

psykosis Initiate (0) May 21, 2009 Indiana

I'm on the south side, but Indy is small enough I can be on the north side in under 30 minutes. Just let me know when you plan on being in town and we can set something up.

14. Kbyfield

Kbyfield Initiate (0) Aug 13, 2009 Wisconsin

I recall some lovely establishments in Speedway, just outside the track

antzman likes this.
  15. neckbracesub

neckbracesub Devotee (406) Mar 3, 2012 Indiana

Indiana City Brewing is very close to where you will be. Very much recommended.

16. myersk27

myersk27 Initiate (0) Oct 21, 2011 Indiana

i don't know man.....i really like the building...but their beers need major work. Was not impressed with their lineup initially....maybe they've gotten better?

CWBlues, aasher and TheodorHerzl like this.
  17. Newport_beerguy

Newport_beerguy Defender (646) Feb 24, 2011 Rhode Island
    Trader

Instead of creating an "Indianapolis in February" for my business trip in 2 weeks, just wanted to say thanks for the recommendations here. Also, any other regional breweries with outstanding beers distributed out here I can't get in New England besides FFF and Sun King would be very much appreciated (I'm sure I'll see first hand at Kahns). Also, does Twenty Tap or any other beer bar between there and downtown do flights? Would like to try a lot of different offerings without stumbling shirtless back to the hotel. Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.