Indy suggestions for to-go

Discussion in 'US - Midwest' started by rundownhouse, Oct 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rundownhouse

rundownhouse Initiate (0) Sep 15, 2005 Tennessee

Hi guys,

SWMBO is heading to Indy this weekend. I'm asking her to check Parti-Pak and Kahn's for 3Floyd's to bring back to Nashville with her. Any other suggestions for good stuff I wouldn't be able to find here? I lean more towards American and hoppy than other stuff, but I'll drink anything. I've had most of Bell's and Founder's year round stuff, but if they've got anything special out right now I'm all ears on those too.

Thanks!

2. TheodorHerzl

TheodorHerzl Initiate (0) Mar 30, 2007 Indiana

I love Party Pak, but honestly I wouldn't be buying anything hoppy without a date code there. It is a mecca for finding rare gems and Belgians etc....but if it doesn't have a date code and is hoppy I don't buy it from there.

If she is on the southside I would go to the Payless liquors on at 954 Indiana 135 Greenwood, IN 46142. A BA is actually the manager. Josh is a damn good dude and his stock turns so I feel good about buying FFF's and other hoppy beer from there.

what part of town is she staying? My wife loves me (I hope) but she wouldn't be driving to Kahn's and Party Pak on a beer run for me so....good for you man.

emerge077 and Rempo like this.
  3. ahq514

ahq514 Initiate (0) Jul 2, 2010 Illinois

Stopped at a Crown Liquors in Carmel over last weekend. They had bombers of Arctic Panzer, Calumet Queen, Moloko, Broodoo, and Gorch Fock.

Sun King Osiris is a good local hoppy pale ale that should be available just about everywhere in Indy.

4. rundownhouse

rundownhouse Initiate (0) Sep 15, 2005 Tennessee

She's staying in Fisher's, working at the children's hospital. I just saw Parti-Pak was off 65 so thought that'd be easy, and then Kahn's looks like its halfway between downtown and Fisher's.

The biggest want I have is Zombie Dust, will probably have her pick up a case if she can find it.

5. Zapy

Zapy Initiate (0) Feb 8, 2012 Indiana

Unfortunately Zombie Dust doesn't make it down here at all. Kahn's always has an awesome selection like everyone is saying, and payless on 96th and I69 tends to have a pretty good selection, and is pretty close to fishers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.