Iowa beer distro news

Discussion in 'Midwest' started by BottleCaps80, Sep 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rraftery

rraftery Initiate (0) Jun 23, 2007 Iowa

Was just in Benz and Cocoa Mole is there. Also plenty of Zeelander still in the cooler.

They were selling Abrasive by the can--I didn't even check the price just said "shut up and take my money". Probably gone now, seemed super limited.

iabeerbaron likes this.
  2. dragonaut

dragonaut Initiate (0) May 29, 2005 Iowa

All Iowa Abrasive cans are 2/6, no carb issues and the last batch of the season

3. Spinrathen

Spinrathen Initiate (0) Dec 18, 2013 Iowa

Should be noted also that as of this weekend still drinking very well.

4. nickbman

nickbman Initiate (0) Feb 7, 2013 Iowa

It's already here... At least at cyclone Liquors in ames.

And it was canned 3/6. 4 days old when I bought.

dragonaut and BottleCaps80 like this.
  5. Berg77

Berg77 Initiate (0) Nov 30, 2013 Iowa

I can confirm that as of last night they are still drinking great. :grinning:

6. dragonaut

Dude, you should have told BA. How did four day old GUBNA cans taste? I dream about getting beer that fresh.

7. dragonaut

Abrasive, much like Schlafly's TIPA (though I get they're really different recipes/styles within the IPA realm) both maintain their character really well over time. No one should fret over Abrasive that's a month or two old, even 4-6 months it's delicious and I know some folks who've tried year old cans and still rave about them. Not that you should deliberately hang onto them, but it's interesting how much shelf life varies beer to beer.

Schlais likes this.
  8. Roudy1

Roudy1 Initiate (0) Sep 29, 2012 Iowa

Was able to get Stone Chai Spiced Stout at Oakland Road. Behind the counter. They didn't get regular for some reason. I found regular at Mt. Vernon Road. They were $7.99 each.

9. dckepley

dckepley Initiate (0) Aug 13, 2006 Iowa

...like freshly squeezed orange juice.

10. nickbman

nickbman Initiate (0) Feb 7, 2013 Iowa

I assumed if cyclone had it then Des Moines would??!! Not sure how they would have it and no one else. They did say only 2 cases. And it was tasting very good - my favorite OB beer. Seems underappreciated, tho.

11. 515BrewingDave

515BrewingDave Initiate (0) Feb 2, 2013 Iowa

Growlers will happen this year (hopefully early summer still...depends on getting the new system up), as well as probably limited distribution to a few accounts that make sense to us. We're going to be increasing capacity significantly to make it happen, and the equipment has mostly been ordered already. Still need to get it in and then up and running, but that'll be easy, right?

Looking forward to being more available! Especially on tap in my kegerator at home.

Also looking forward to the citra cousin of Mediocre pale ale that's coming up in the next couple weeks...

Will_Edgar, JediMatt, Berg77 and 8 others like this.
  12. BottleCaps80

BottleCaps80 Initiate (0) Jan 12, 2013 Iowa

It moved a bit....

13. Roudy1

Driving clear to Cedar Rapids makes sense right? :wink:

Citra cousin? I'm in.

14. 515BrewingDave

515BrewingDave Initiate (0) Feb 2, 2013 Iowa

We will probably find our way to some taps out there :slight_smile:

hunttj and BottleCaps80 like this.
  15. csaxon128

csaxon128 Initiate (0) Aug 6, 2014 Iowa
    Trader

This is the nicest thing anybody has said to me all week.

Clarkee likes this.
  16. Corn-fed

Corn-fed Initiate (0) Nov 27, 2014 Iowa

What is everyone's favorite beer, (once a year release and everyday) from local distribution? Let's keep Iowa brews out of this one and Founders to leave out the obvious. And leave out Black Note and other Unicorns we can't catch!
    (This does apply to the tread if you look at it the right way)

17. Roudy1

ummm? What?

Thanks @515BrewingDave! Please make it happen! I will buy them all!

515BrewingDave likes this.
  18. Corn-fed

Corn-fed Initiate (0) Nov 27, 2014 Iowa

Simple enough I thought. What's your favorite beer you can buy in Iowa that isn't from an Iowa brewery or Founders?

19. iowacraft01

iowacraft01 Initiate (0) Oct 3, 2012 Iowa

Anyone know when will see undercover investigation shutdown and is Iowa getting any westified????

20. Roudy1

Favorite is subjective. So why can't I include Founders? Every Surly beer I've had is better than every Founders beer for the most part. A Founders beer wouldn't be in my top 20...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.