1. Introducing the Respect Beer® Society. Upgrading your account to a Society membership entitles you to more than a dozen awesome perks, from discounts, to ad-free browsing, extended users stats, and much more. Join today.
  2. BEER FEST ALERT: Don't miss FUNK Boston: A Wild & Sour Beer Fest on June 14-15!

Iowa beer distro news

Discussion in 'Midwest' started by BottleCaps80, Sep 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bditty187

bditty187 Poo-Bah (2,419) Jul 10, 2002 Nebraska

Surly. Mid-Feb, offical per the rep moments ago.

2. BottleCaps80

BottleCaps80 Defender (621) Jan 12, 2013 Iowa

Looks like a very limited amount of Drangon's Milk w/ Raspberries is hitting some DSM area accounts today. Appears to be one case per account.

iabeerbaron likes this.
  3. pepsican

pepsican Initiate (0) Nov 5, 2007 Iowa

They did hop squared around the time iowa lifted the ABV cap. Hopefully this attempt is better.

je1129 likes this.
  4. NickTheGreat

NickTheGreat Devotee (472) Oct 28, 2010 Iowa
    Trader

How raspberry-y is it? I'm not a fruit beer guy, but I do like me some Dragons Milk . ..

5. brock125

brock125 Initiate (162) Apr 21, 2011 Texas

Does anybody know if TG delivered any beer today to DM, CR, IC or QC area?

6. dragonaut

dragonaut Aspirant (276) May 29, 2005 Iowa

I love Teresa and Tom, but Millstream shouldn't be allowed to make American IPAs. I want them to do great things but they need to do a better job marketing their cores and seasonals that are so strong (German Pils, Hefe, Oktoberfest, the ridiculous pumpkin stout, etc.) rather than try to compete with other American IPAs—black, imperial or otherwise. In rap parlance, they need to stay in their lane.

BrettHead likes this.
  7. dragonaut

Dissident dropped today. 16 cases for the whole state. Good luck kids. Not sure if they're splitting cases to try to please the whole state's top accounts, but I don't think so. Seems like a case per account and just not many accounts.

IowaPA likes this.
  8. Spinrathen

Spinrathen Initiate (0) Dec 18, 2013 Iowa

No distribution today

9. dragonaut

Prairie Trail got a pallet deal from Iowa Beverage/Founder's. 7.99 4pks of Dark Penance, Rübæus, Double Trouble, and (wait for it) Breakfast Stout. The former three are pretty old, of course, but the BS 4pks being closed out are only two months old. Helluva deal!

IowaPA and Berg77 like this.
  10. aubzachsyd

aubzachsyd Disciple (325) Oct 7, 2013 Iowa

Looks like some went to Wisconsin today. That's all I've seen.

11. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Initiate (41) Dec 11, 2010 Iowa

Urbandale and Westlakes got a case.

12. IowaPA

IowaPA Initiate (116) Apr 17, 2014 Iowa
    Trader

Any idea if this landed in central IA anywhere? Was hoping to get a chance to try it.

13. dragonaut

Prairie Trail had it behind the counter and Ryan had his out on the shelf at Fleur. Also heard it's behind the counter at Westlakes.

IowaPA likes this.
  14. Rob-P

Rob-P Initiate (48) Feb 29, 2012 Iowa

You missed the opportunity to say "The Dissident is here". Pearl jam is disappointed.

oldsyd likes this.
  15. dragonaut

I am disappointed, too…especially since I had that song stuck in my head the whole time I was picking up bottles :stuck_out_tongue: It's tasty now, but the wine barrel-aging is a bit much, hoping it becomes better integrated with time.

16. Will_Edgar

Will_Edgar Initiate (197) Oct 23, 2013 Iowa
    Trader

Murph answered on Twitter, Monday and Tuesday. So probably IC/CR Monday and DM Tuesday if history is any indicator.

17. dragonaut

Any DSM BAs headed to the Green Flash event tonight at Keg Stand? I will probably swing by after getting off work at 8. Delbrucci and that West Coast firkin are just too tempting.

BrettHead likes this.
  18. BPHusker

BPHusker Initiate (0) Apr 16, 2014 Nebraska

Any updates on southern tier in Iowa? Last I heard was sometime in 2015 when I asked last summer. Hoping they start distribution for Creme Brule!

19. Ejayz

Ejayz Initiate (0) May 15, 2011 Iowa

Sorry but the Jedi nailed it with this post!

20. Will_Edgar

Will_Edgar Initiate (197) Oct 23, 2013 Iowa
    Trader

They're supposed to come in February I heard, though I haven't heard any updates in a while either.

21. BottleCaps80

BottleCaps80 Defender (621) Jan 12, 2013 Iowa

Agreed.

22. Lionhawk

Lionhawk Aspirant (249) Nov 14, 2012 Iowa

QC is out this time per Murph at the tap room

23. dragonaut

Molotov Lite cans, Molotov Single Hop Simcoe and Evil Twin Yin & Yang 4pks (66% DIPA 33% RIS black & tan) all showing up in DSM tomorrow via Abu Nawas.

24. JediMatt

JediMatt Initiate (89) Jun 18, 2010 Iowa

Dammit! Missed this thread on Friday and now probably missed that Dragon's Milk with Raspberries. Really wanted to try that too. :slight_frown:

25. dragonaut

Fleur had a bunch on their shelves. I know Blake at PT said it flew off shelves Friday but I bet some stores still have it. North Ankeny got a case and they don't turn over as quickly, if nothing else I'd check there.

26. Beestin

Beestin Initiate (0) Jan 4, 2014 Iowa

Where in Cedar Rapids (or IC if near I-80) does Toppling Goliath drop ? Wife is out there today and wanted to get some for a relative that is in town but leaving tomorrow morning so will miss the Des Moines drop. Thanks

27. Roudy1

Roudy1 Initiate (0) Sep 29, 2012 Iowa

Oakland Road Hy Vee and Benz Beverage. Hy Vee is kind of more on the North side and Benz is on the kind of South side of town.

Coralville Hy Vee Wine and Spirits is closest to 1-80 or maybe Johncys in North Liberty.

Beestin likes this.
  28. mpdavis

mpdavis Initiate (157) Apr 24, 2014 Iowa
    Trader

I saw it in the cooler at Cyclone Liqour in Ames on Saturday. It looked like they still had plenty left.

29. Tunerstyle63

Tunerstyle63 Initiate (136) Jul 3, 2014 Illinois
    Trader

Wine styles in Coralville landing area has a great beer selection and usually gets a good supply of TG.

Beestin likes this.
  30. HawkeyeNation

HawkeyeNation Initiate (0) Jun 18, 2013 Iowa

This will be your best bet if you want off of I80. Otherwise, Oakland Rd just posted they got some.

Beestin likes this.
  31. brock125

brock125 Initiate (162) Apr 21, 2011 Texas

Any idea how long it generally lasts? I'll be coming through Iowa City early tomorrow morning and was hoping to pick some up at the Coralville Hy-Vee, assuming they get some.

32. Tunerstyle63

Tunerstyle63 Initiate (136) Jul 3, 2014 Illinois
    Trader

It all depends on the amount and beer. GNUG and Zeelander will stick around a couple days to a week. Pseudo is usually gone in 24-48 hours. Should be ok I would think.

33. HawkeyeNation

At Wine Styles, it sticks around quite a long time actually. It's relatively new and people don't really think to go there. I got Sue and others one time after it had been gone everywhere else for a couple of days already.

34. Beestin

Is the Winestyles the same price as Hyvee? The one in Dsm tends to be a little more than HyVee's sell it for

35. HawkeyeNation

The Hyvee on Oakland Rd tends to be a little higher than most places, so I think Wine Styles would be the same price or cheaper even.

36. Rob-P

Rob-P Initiate (48) Feb 29, 2012 Iowa

Probably. Owners are brothers (Jeff and Bryan McGinness)

37. JediMatt

JediMatt Initiate (89) Jun 18, 2010 Iowa

Thanks. Urbandale Hyvee still had a couple of bottles left at lunch today.

38. IowaPA

IowaPA Initiate (116) Apr 17, 2014 Iowa
    Trader

Anyone see any Dissident still lying around? That's one I'd like to try and haven't seen anywhere yet.

39. dragonaut

Try Westlakes, I know they got it and had it behind the counter. Call Fleur but since it went to the shelf instead of behind the counter it's probably gone by now. It's 16 cases statewide and I'm not sure how many wound up in the metro up but I bet if you call around you can probably dig up a bottle or two still. Definitely call before just driving around to Hy Vees, though. Stores that are likely to still have it will probably have it behind the counter.

IowaPA likes this.
  40. Beestin

Sunday i saw 4 bottles at Mills Civic

IowaPA likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.