1. Join us for Return of the Belgian Beer Fest on Sat, Sept 17 in Portland, Maine. Limited tickets still available: beeradvocate.com/belgian
    Dismiss Notice

Ipswich Double Release Party

Discussion in 'New England' started by tkelley, Nov 3, 2012.

1. tkelley

tkelley Sep 23, 2010 Massachusetts

Anyone going to the Ipswich Double Release Party for the new Five Mile IPA and Rye Porter? Im stoked.

2. Patrick

Patrick Aug 13, 2007 Massachusetts

Is the rye porter different from the pumpernickle rye beer they did?

3. tkelley

I think so. The new rue porter is for the new winter mix pack this year. I assume its a similar recipe though. You can ask at the release party!

4. WanderingFool

WanderingFool Aug 7, 2002 Massachusetts
    Subscriber

I'll be there. I've tried both beers and they are awesome. The 5 mile IPA is on cask at NERAX in Somerville today.

5. PackieMcHopHead

PackieMcHopHead Oct 1, 2009 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

Surprisingly the 5 Mile was the big winner for me at NERAX last night. Not surprised it was good, but that it was best in show vs. all the other great things they had on tap. Curious now to try a non-real ale version of it. Outstanding.

6. jbertsch

jbertsch Dec 14, 2008 Massachusetts

Wish I could be there today... Both of the new beers sound great. I'll look for them in stores.

Sometime I think Ipswich needs a little more love around here. I find their beers to always be great, yet they're sometimes taken for granted given that they're pretty easy to find and priced nicely.

FrankLloydMike likes this.
  7. tkelley

Totally agree. I think they are highly underrated. Unfortunately I also was unable to attend the party, but I've been before and its always a great time. Hopefully they get some pub and love when they open the new facility next year.

8. bleakies

bleakies Apr 11, 2011 Massachusetts

Does the 5 Mile stuff get the same distribution as the regular Ipswich beers? I don't think I've ever seen one.

Solid brewery for sure, and suddenly I've got a hankering for a nice Ipswich Dark.

• About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Return of the Belgian Beer Fest

BeerAdvocate Brings its All-Belgian Fest to Portland, Maine on September 17, 2016. Tickets are on sale now.

Learn More
  • Get the Mag

Become a BeerAdvocate magazine print subscriber today.

Subscribe