Is Halliburton Bribing Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke with a Microbrewery?

Discussion in 'Beer News & Releases' started by thebeers, Aug 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thebeers

thebeers Sep 10, 2014 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

2. BayAreaJoe

BayAreaJoe Nov 23, 2017 California
    Trader

It would only be surprising if a member of this Administration WASN'T using their office for personal or monetary gain.

3. rgordon

rgordon Apr 26, 2012 North Carolina

I like Montana just the way it is.

4. EvenMoreJesus

EvenMoreJesus Jun 8, 2017 Pennsylvania

FTFY

pjeagles, meanmutt, beergoot and 3 others like this.
  5. donspublic

donspublic Aug 4, 2014 Texas
    Society Trader

Shit if only I had that kind of clout to get a brewery built within a mile of my house.

algebeeric_topology likes this.
  6. MNAle

MNAle Sep 6, 2011 Minnesota
    Society

Exactly. Interesting comparison: net worth on inauguration day compared with net worth at the end of 2nd term... The salary is not nearly high enough to account for the difference. We are so naive as a people...

pjeagles, rudzud, RobH and 1 other person like this.
  7. donspublic

Society Trader

@thebeers might want to correct the header here before people start thinking Ryan Zimmerman got demoted to Secretary of Interior

thebeers likes this.
  8. thebeers

thebeers Sep 10, 2014 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

Good catch. I made report.

9. SammyJaxxxx

SammyJaxxxx Feb 23, 2012 New Jersey

hopsputin, BBThunderbolt and FBarber like this.
  10. SammyJaxxxx

SammyJaxxxx Feb 23, 2012 New Jersey

$40 Million, Not bad for a year and a half out of office
    https://www.businessinsider.com/barack-obama-michelle-obama-net-worth-2018-7

$230 Million is downright impressive
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/danale...n-after-leaving-the-white-house/#157780ff2ae3

11. EvenMoreJesus

Oh . . . I'm not saying that this administration isn't preoccupied almost solely by it, I'm simply saying that this preoccupation isn't of their creation nor are they alone in their interest in it.

12. deleted_user_950283

deleted_user_950283 Feb 25, 2015
    Trader

I would like to see a better variety of out of state breweries with beer on our shelves. And fresher local options too. :wink:

13. BayAreaJoe

BayAreaJoe Nov 23, 2017 California
    Trader

Very true, it just feels a degree more blatant and cavalier with the folks in this one. Even with just this guy Zinke - the Whitefish Energy nonsense wasn't enough, now it's on to Whitefish Brewery.

kinopio likes this.
  14. rgordon

I can only imagine the distribution challenges in Montana. What I do know is that in my limited experience there I have never been challenged for finding something to do or finding something to drink! Montana is what Texas wishes it was. I used to be happy with Olympia back in the day,,,,,,Or maybe it was Hamms. Hell, we didn't really care,

Squire likes this.
  15. EnronCFO

EnronCFO Mar 29, 2007 Massachusetts

Yeah, that $40 million is based on book and production deals signed after he left office. Read the “analysis” rather than the headline. It’s not particularly scandalous to think that there are people that would pay a two-term president handsomely to write a book or be involved in other projects.

beermeplz, SunDevilBeer, Riff and 5 others like this.
  16. MNAle

Society

This didn't come from post-presidency speaking fees / book advances:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/31/us/obama-buys-house-washington-kalorama.html

17. drtth

drtth Nov 25, 2007 Pennsylvania

#17 drtth, Aug 2, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2018
  18. rgordon

Pay attention to what is directly in front of us....This current climate is like a melding of 1968 and 1973. This stuff will not unfold to anyone's liking. Just remember The Seychelles..........I hate all.this stuff.

19. ManBearPat

ManBearPat Dec 2, 2014 Colorado

I’m really surprised that @EvenMoreJesus isnt getting bent about this thread not really being about beer!

Geeeeit em!

20. MNAle

Society

IDK... I'm not a financial investigator. From the article, it appears they paid cash "through a holding company they control"...

I'm not even remotely suggesting anything untoward. Just that the net worth of all Presidents of the recent past has increased, sometimes dramatically, during their terms.

drtth likes this.
  21. drtth

drtth Nov 25, 2007 Pennsylvania

Well his income on the two books written before he took office would cover the cost of that house. So he was earning quite a bit before he took office as well.

22. EvenMoreJesus

This guy should be burned at the stake for what he's doing to protected lands, have that fire put out with acid half way through, then started up again.

frozyn, Riff, Lahey and 5 others like this.
  23. EvenMoreJesus

As long as we're talking about rating politicians on this site, I'm OK.

24. ManBearPat

ManBearPat Dec 2, 2014 Colorado

Back to beer- I didn’t notice anything about the styles of beer that he’s planning on brewing... did I miss something?

bleakies and thebeers like this.
  25. Newport_beerguy

Newport_beerguy Feb 24, 2011 Rhode Island
    Trader

All black and red ales: as in "Halliburton's investment will insure my brewery stays in the black and out of the red."

pjeagles and DovGibor like this.
  26. hopfenunmaltz

hopfenunmaltz Jun 8, 2005 Michigan
    Society

I followed what you were saying until the Seychelles?

27. EnronCFO

EnronCFO Mar 29, 2007 Massachusetts

28. rgordon

Pre-inauguration meeting with very curious cast of characters that I know is an ace in the hole. Also, check out noted golf writer James Dodson's quotes about golf courses and financing. I'm certain Mueller has deposed Jim, much to his chagrin.

29. hopfenunmaltz

hopfenunmaltz Jun 8, 2005 Michigan
    Society

You jogged my memory, I was thinking the Nixon era.

rgordon likes this.
  30. donspublic

Society Trader

Frack me up (Gose)
    Drilling Deep (Russian Imperial Stout)
    Drilling Deep Last Year (RIS Barrel Aged)
    Solar Sucks (Wild Ale)
    Stripped and Bitter (DIPA)
    Mud in the Hole (Milk Stout)
    Red Rain (Amber)

frozyn, ecpho, Number1Framer and 7 others like this.
  31. kinopio

kinopio Apr 30, 2009 Massachusetts

I hear some other people in this administration are gonna be guest brewers
    Trump: a non alcoholic golden ale called Golden Showers. It will be historically unpopular in every country but Russia.
    Pence: a lactose stout dedicated to his wife called Mother's Milk. Also non alcoholic.
    Rick Perry: a Gruit called The Four Ingredients of Beer Are Water, Malt, Yeast And Uhhhh I Forgot The Other One Again. Aged in an oil barrel.
    Jeff Sessions: a Black Ale. Just kidding obviously
    Kirstjen Nielsen: going to separate 12 ounce Mexican lagers from the 40 ounce ones

32. Number1Framer

Number1Framer Mar 13, 2016 Wisconsin
    Trader

Flamin' Faucet Frackwater (seasonal habanero DIPA)

donspublic and Lahey like this.
  33. Jaycase

Jaycase Jan 13, 2007 Illinois
    Society Trader

Synaptic Haze (DDH NEIPA with chlorpyrifos - Collab with Scott Pruitt)

Lahey likes this.
  34. Lahey

Lahey Nov 12, 2016 Michigan

You forgot sarah "huckabeast" sanders and her High proof malt liquor. When she drinks enough, her eyes go straight (don't worry, her soul's still crooked)

Number1Framer likes this.
  35. drinkin-beeers

drinkin-beeers Jan 29, 2014 Montana

Damn leave it to a Montana politician to try and cheat the system to make and drink beer. I don’t know whether to be mad or proud.

36. lordofthemark

lordofthemark Jan 28, 2015 Virginia

Thing is though, a lot of people voting for him were like, well sure his rhetoric is terrible, sure he isn't competent, etc.,but AT LEAST he will "drain the swamp" or something. A lot of us were saying way back in 2016 that people were being fooled, that this guy was at least as corrupt as what had gone before. Though I think even we didn't expect it to be this blatant.

Lahey likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.