Is it a sin to just enjoy a cold Bud Light once in a while?

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by JSBliler, Aug 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rhymkeeper

Rhymkeeper Initiate (0) Aug 31, 2014 Alabama

Right situation, right mood, yeah I'll have one or a few if offered. If I'm buying, I'd rather not support Mega Giganto Corporation products. Their business practices are off putting to me. May be hypocritical to drink one but I say " well, the damage has already been done ".

JSBliler and chrismattlin like this.
  2. Wiffler27

Wiffler27 Meyvn (1,302) Aug 16, 2009 North Carolina
    Society

personally, i hate bud light. i think it tastes like cold piss. the only beer i will actually turn down, even if free.

say Natty Light or Genny and we can talk

Sak3 and JSBliler like this.
  3. meanmutt

meanmutt Savant (956) Feb 6, 2012 Ohio
    Trader

No shame at all. I have been known to down some shitty beers from time to time.

JSBliler likes this.
  4. JDice20

JDice20 Initiate (0) Aug 14, 2013 Louisiana

I think the bigger question is if you are the one intentionally purchasing said BL for a hot day, or if someone is offering you a free Bud Light on a hot day, and there are zero other options...

Ill drink a free one if nothing else is available. I will never overlook some other craft option in a store ( if i am the one buying) to purchase Bud-Miller-Coors, regardless of time, temp, or situation...

But life is short, do what you wanna do. No judgement here!

JSBliler likes this.
  5. Brad007

Brad007 Initiate (0) Mar 28, 2007 Vermont

Oh hi, new user. I'm not sure if you're aware but you've just won the sweepstakes for the Most Redundant Topic Subject 2016! Please, don't troll people like this. Thank you.

6. BrewUrbanist

BrewUrbanist Initiate (0) May 11, 2012 Wisconsin

There's certainly a time and place for most beers. Even Coors Light, Miller High Life, PBR, Old Style (Wrigley Field), National Bohemian, Hamm's, Schmitt's Gay, Keystone Ice, Old Mil...and the Diesel have a role to play. But never Bud Light.

7. mwa423

mwa423 Initiate (0) Nov 7, 2007 Ohio

Beer line up for the night so far:. Citra Ass Down, new Glarus scream dipa, goose island Sofie, new Belgium tripel and now sitting on the back deck in humidity, ice cold bud light.

8. Minnebrew

Minnebrew Initiate (0) Jun 9, 2015 Minnesota

I was thinking exactly this. Whether you like them or not, is there really any difference between the taste of Bud Light vs. Miller Light vs. Coors Light? They all taste exactly the same to me.

9. HermitDan

HermitDan Initiate (0) Apr 30, 2016 New Jersey

In my personal opinion I think common draft beers still have a place even with beer snobs/craft lovers alike. I personally will either go for Michelob Ultra or Amstel Light if I don't have any craft options. I think it's almost humbling when a craft drinker has to go back to a macro brew because it makes us re-learn why craft beer is so important. It makes us appreciate the true artisan brews that often get neglected. It reminds us of the true beer that's out there. Occasionally I'll pick up a 12 of amstel light just to remind myself of the good old days in high school drinking illegally or just a simple beach day drinking with the family.

10. lic217

lic217 Champion (873) Aug 10, 2010 Connecticut
    Trader

the pot calling the kettle black

doowhat likes this.
  11. HorseheadsHophead

HorseheadsHophead Poo-Bah (2,224) Sep 15, 2014 New York
    Society

Not at all. Drink whatever you enjoy me. I personally just don't like adjunct lagers. Skunky corn water. Good, hoppy pilsners have taken that niche for me.

lordofthemark and dcotom like this.
  12. Dredgy

Dredgy Initiate (0) Jun 1, 2016 Australia

I wouldn't drink Bud Light or Corona or Great Northern if you paid me (and I've turned down sponsorship deals before!).

There's nothing wrong with big macro lagers - they're typically my favourite style - but those beers are horrible and I find it impossible to finish a bottle. If those were my two choices, I'd be on wine or spirits.

The nostalgic feeling with a few mates has never done anything for me - I always like to create new memories and I hate sitting around talking about the past. I remember getting sloshed in North Korea on some unpronounceable beer with our guide/minder in secrecy. Tasted terrible - one of my top 5 beer experiences. But next time I'm with those friends, even if in North Korea, I'll want to try doing something new with them.

13. neenerzig

neenerzig Poo-Bah (2,658) Feb 15, 2006 Ohio
    Society

I'd say drink what you enjoy at any given time. Period. But I cannot wrap my head around how and why anyone could ever actually enjoy drinking a Butt Wipe. Even in very hot and humid weather there are plenty of light and refreshing beers one can go for that are actually what beer is supposed to be. Bud Light and "beers" like it to me in no way, shape, or form has ever represented what beer should ever even attempt to be.

Eric

JSBliler likes this.
  14. Sak3

Sak3 Initiate (0) Feb 8, 2016 Connecticut
    Deactivated

Quoted for the truth and I couldn't have said this any better myself.

Wiffler27 and JSBliler like this.
  15. mdr4669

mdr4669 Initiate (0) Sep 12, 2010 Massachusetts

Nah dude, I think beer is a lot like music. The right tune and/or beer in the right moment, is your own private little heaven.

Sak3, JSBliler and TongoRad like this.
  16. JSBliler

JSBliler Initiate (0) Aug 1, 2016 Indiana

No intention to troll as I've already stated. Just trying to gauge where/if I fit in.

JackHorzempa, neenerzig and doowhat like this.
  17. doowhat

doowhat Initiate (0) Feb 22, 2009 Arkansas

I don't care much for Bud Light...or light beers in general...but I do like a nice cold Budweiser every now and again:wink:

...and but also, I tried PBR a few weeks ago and it was good

#137 doowhat, Aug 7, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2016
    neenerzig, Sak3 and JSBliler like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.