1. evanlamarr88

evanlamarr88 Initiate (33) May 9, 2018 Florida
    Trader

Miami/Ft. Lauderdale/West Palm Beach please. Thanks.

2. schoon

schoon Zealot (514) Dec 12, 2010 Iowa
    Society

Des Moines, Iowa. Please

3. Scott17Taylor

Scott17Taylor Meyvn (1,376) Oct 28, 2013 Iowa
    Trader

Des Moines, we have El Bait shop, over 250beers on tap, Iowa taproom, over 150 all Iowa beers and several outstanding breweries. It’s also not a city that most people know anything about beer wise and would be a great destination for a beer weekend.

BottleCaps80 and DesMoinesMike like this.
  4. Milktoast75

Milktoast75 Devotee (463) Oct 27, 2012 Wisconsin
    Society

Madison, WI.
    Does it have a beer scene?
    With a nickname of Madtown, what do you think?
    Huge local and regional beer scene with very knowledgeable base of support.
    Madison as well as the State have a very progressive Convention/ Tourism Departments.
    The door is open . . .

islay and barthiolutheran like this.
  5. jdhops

jdhops Disciple (379) Dec 30, 2011 Tennessee
    Society

I've sampled the beer scenes in most of the nominated cities. Can't speak to all the criteria, but for cheap flights and accommodations, easy accessibility, and emerging local brew culture, my vote would go to Minneapolis or Columbus, followed by Milwaukee.

6. Rajaholick

Rajaholick Initiate (146) Jan 9, 2011 Minnesota
    Trader

Minneapolis/Saint Paul! Two cities for the price of one convention.

mwilbur and TrailsandAles like this.
  7. Beersnake1

Beersnake1 Poo-Bah (2,225) Aug 17, 2013 California
    Society Trader

Columbus for sure!

8. joestanhope

joestanhope Initiate (31) Jun 4, 2016 Illinois

Chicago would be great, but Cincinnati also (esp if later summer maybe around the W&S Open tennis tournament?), or as a dark horse Champaign IL

9. WesMantooth

WesMantooth Poo-Bah (2,653) Jan 8, 2014 Ohio
    Trader

Yeah. Not too many outside of your state recommendations. Suppose everyone would enjoy having it close to them.

I actually live about an hour and a half from Columbus, but thought it was a good geographical choice. If I had to pick a favorite city to host I would say Chicago or Louisville, but food and whiskey come into play because the craft beer scene is questionable in thr later.

FBarber likes this.
  10. jzeilinger

jzeilinger Poo-Bah (6,670) Dec 4, 2004 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

Indy, St. Louis, or Chicago. I'm partial to Indy since it's my old stompin' grounds and I can visit my parents in the same trip. :zipper_mouth::relaxed:

OakvilleKGB likes this.
  11. Bshaw22

Bshaw22 Defender (653) Aug 29, 2013 Wisconsin
    Trader

2nd this.
    Growing city. Up and coming.
    New street car...

12. DanielAron

DanielAron Devotee (435) May 15, 2005 Illinois
    Society

Definitely Chicago. Greatest beer scene in the Midwest right now!

13. stephensinner

stephensinner Crusader (709) Oct 25, 2008 Missouri
    Society

Saint Louis ... it would be epic!!!

OakvilleKGB likes this.
  14. linnymtu

linnymtu Zealot (564) Apr 2, 2010 Michigan
    Trader

Ann Arbor! Growing beer scene (HOMES is great). College town, and can host 100,000 people for a football game, 1500 is nothing!

Michinois likes this.
  15. OakvilleKGB

OakvilleKGB Initiate (87) Dec 3, 2015 Missouri
    Trader

Saint Louis, MO

16. PrideofCleveland

PrideofCleveland Initiate (43) Jan 30, 2018 Ohio

CLEVELAND, OHIO

17. PrideofCleveland

PrideofCleveland Initiate (43) Jan 30, 2018 Ohio

Cleveland has the fastest growing and most established beer scene, not to mention its deep historical roots to brewing, abundant tourist sites, and sports teams. Great Lakes, Platform, Goldhorn, and many many others!

JackHorzempa likes this.
  18. cheeseheadinMinneapolis

cheeseheadinMinneapolis Aspirant (225) Sep 20, 2017 Minnesota

Hurley WI.............just kidding
    Minneapolis for real

19. SteveForSuds

SteveForSuds Initiate (80) Sep 30, 2012 Indiana

I would say Indy and I do not even live there now. But did for fifty plus years. They have almost 50 craft breweries inside the city limits. The outskirts contain dozens and dozens more. It is jammin' there when it comes to beer. Sun King is the Big Dog. Flat 12 Bierworks, Black Acre, tons more. Plus they can handle NCAA tourneys and Super Bowls. This is a piece of cake. Or something like that. Or it is a mini keg.

20. Ed_Needham

Ed_Needham Initiate (21) May 9, 2017 Kentucky

Several good places for a beer festival in the Louisville Kentucky area, including New Albany across the river in Indiana. Louisville has numerous up-and-coming breweries, including Against the Grain, Akasha, New Albany in Brewing Company, and many more. It has a great beer history and culture, as well as great music, great food, the beautiful Ohio River. Come and check us out. I'll be your host!

21. flat_lander

flat_lander Zealot (557) May 11, 2016 Illinois
    Society Trader

Chicago. Honarary mentions go to Milwaukee and St. Louis. I don't think you can lose with one of these.

FBarber likes this.
  22. groovy24

groovy24 Aspirant (201) Jul 13, 2007 Wisconsin

Madison during craft beer week.

23. 3Caballero

3Caballero Disciple (323) Apr 5, 2013 Indiana
    Society

Grand Rapids. Weather in spring is fantastic, so many new and exciting places to eat and drink downtown and elsewhere, thriving music scene. And it's Beer City!

24. Water_Ratz

Water_Ratz Initiate (30) Sep 28, 2018 Michigan

Grand Rapids Michigan!

25. Bosko14

Bosko14 Initiate (15) Sep 7, 2018 Wisconsin
    Trader

Milwaukee, traditional beer city that for a time, didnt have that many craft breweries. That's changed recently, along with the changing downtown entertainment district and updates to transportation within the city. Additionally, Milwaukee is known as the city of festivals, but the first ones usually don't start until late May.

26. rgordon

rgordon Savant (974) Apr 26, 2012 North Carolina

You talking about Cow Town, just near Xenia? Nah, Columbus around campus reminds me of Chapel Hill and I love it!

27. strumble

strumble Initiate (189) Oct 1, 2016 Michigan
    Society

Grand Rapids is an amazing beer mecca. Detroit would also be a nice choice.

28. vmazyk

vmazyk Initiate (18) Oct 10, 2018 Virginia

Chicago or Milwaukee

29. hophead13

hophead13 Initiate (58) Nov 12, 2012 Florida

CLEVELAND/AKRON.....Numerous great breweries for attendees to also visit, easy to navigate (i.e. no Chicago traffic) and plenty of hotels and restaurants at reasonable prices. Standout breweries: Great Lakes, Fatheads, Hoppin Frog, Thirsty Dog. Cincinnati would also be good.

30. mayorQuimby

mayorQuimby Devotee (456) Jun 5, 2009 Tennessee
    Society Trader

Isn't the Upland sourfest in downtown Indy during spring, or is that no longer a thing? That is/was a pretty big beer fest.

31. JustineJellyBean

JustineJellyBean Initiate (15) Dec 25, 2017 Indiana

South Bend/Granger IN

32. Vason

Vason Initiate (124) Feb 19, 2008 Ohio

I'm going to be the weirdo from Ohio and suggest not CBus or Cleveland, and instead suggest Akron.

New, generally solid, breweries have been popping up every year in Summit County, and our craft beer scene has been on a steady rise for quite a while.

33. steveh

steveh Poo-Bah (2,270) Oct 8, 2003 Illinois

So, based on the BA Forums definition are we only supposed to consider spots in Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, or South Dakota? :wink::grin:

FBarber likes this.
  34. kyleryan

kyleryan Aspirant (211) Mar 7, 2015 Missouri
    Trader

Kansas City

35. mayorQuimby

mayorQuimby Devotee (456) Jun 5, 2009 Tennessee
    Society Trader

I know we're straddling the line re: "midwest," but having been here for a year now, NASHVILLE is a slam dunk choice.

It's the "it" city in the country right now. Just hosted the Craft Brewer's Conference (CBC) in June, which was a huge success and spawned a ton of fabulous events all over town. Brand new convention center in heart of downtown, growing craft beer scene with two nationally recognized brands thus far (Southern Grist and Bearded Iris), and a ton of "also ran's," ridiculous food scene, and beyond a fest, it is in general, a destination city, so easy to convince your significant other to come along for more than a beer fest. Weather in spring is guaranteed to be fabulous. And, even better proximity to massive population centers than most or all of the cities getting praise here...8-9 hrs drive nets you Chicago, Charleston, Louisville, Atlanta, Tampa, Charlotte, Columbus, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, St Louis, Cincinnati, KC, Birmingham, Indy, Detroit, with most of these being inside of 5 hours, and that is just the list off the top of my head.

Nashville...no brainer.

36. JohnnyChicago

JohnnyChicago Champion (808) Sep 3, 2010 Illinois

The obvious answer is Chicago, of course...

So see you all next spring in Rosemont!:stuck_out_tongue:

FBarber likes this.
  37. bluesman766

bluesman766 Initiate (60) Oct 27, 2010 Illinois

38. Sorithin

Sorithin Initiate (49) Jan 7, 2016 Ohio

Cleveland!!!

39. MikeDalrymple

MikeDalrymple Initiate (65) Sep 20, 2015 Michigan
    Trader

Grand Rapids Michigan

40. MikeP64

MikeP64 Initiate (166) Jan 24, 2015 South Carolina

OK I'll cast the last vote and it's decided....MILWAUKEE!