ISO: New Trader That Hasn't Had De Garde FT: 6 Bottle Shipper

Discussion in 'Beer It Forward' started by Kurmaraja, Sep 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kurmaraja

Kurmaraja Poo-Bah (2,817) May 21, 2013 California
    Society Trader

WHAT: Here's the deal. I'm looking for a newish trader (0 - 5 trades) that has never had De Garde beers and really wants them. Ideally this person will come from a state with sub-par breweries / distribution but I won't be picky. I will send this person a 6 bottle shipper with 4 De Garde beers (2 Bu's, 2 non-Bu's) and 2 more nice PNW beers to be determined later (wanna know their preference). This person just has to provide a shipping label.

HOW: If you meet the criteria, post in this thread saying you want in. I will wait until end of day Sunday to give more people a chance to get "in". Then I will randomly select one of the qualified folks by, literally, pulling a name from a hat. I even have the hat ready. I'm doing it this way because A) I think first response wins kinda sucks because not everyone gets a chance; and B) because I don't want my inbox flooded. ;-) I'll notify the winner on Sunday and post in this thread.

WHY: I don't venture into the ISO thread too often; I have amazing trading partners that hook me up (see my last post in Hauls and you'll see a small part of the evidence). But there are some things I really want and I can't get from them. I've been trying for some really desireable beers lately and the trades keep falling through. People back out, people try to renegotiate, etc. I got frustrated. Then someone - who requested to remain nameless - offered to just send me the beers as long as I pay it forward. So, sadly, I can't even take credit for this amazing idea. I'm still gonna send them something, but they requested that the majority go to this BIF. There you have it - there's a fairy godmother out there making sure some random person gets great beer.

One criteria I'll add; whoever receives this should do a similar good deed down the line. Doesn't have to be next week, next month, or even next year. (Actually, next year seems reasonable. ;-) The karmic wheel doesn't always turn in your favor, but when it does you have a duty to put your shoulder to it and add some momentum.

Cheers!

2. wvdfh120fan

wvdfh120fan Initiate (0) Oct 31, 2013 West Virginia

I haven't had any de garde. I live in WV and have to travel out of state to get anything worth while. My trades is above 5 :slight_frown:

Cheers to you! Beer karma coming to you!

3. CSO

CSO Zealot (570) Jan 31, 2014 Illinois
    Trader

Awesome gesture! Good on you OP.

4. WTKeene

WTKeene Initiate (0) Jul 13, 2013 New Mexico

I'd say "I wish I hadn't already tried a great deal of De Garde" except that I'm incredibly happy to have tried a great deal of De Garde. Whoever gets this box will be very very happy.

5. gueuzegossage

gueuzegossage Aspirant (273) Dec 12, 2011 California
    Trader

You (and your friend) ROCK

6. Kurmaraja

Society Trader

The executive committee has met and granted you an exemption to the 5 trade rule. Your name goes in the hat. ;-)

7. mpayne5

mpayne5 Initiate (0) Aug 18, 2011 Indiana

Wow, this is awesome. I've never had anything from De Garde but would love the opportunity.

8. Farnswurth

Farnswurth Disciple (381) Sep 9, 2012 Illinois
    Trader

Man... People are awesome!

9. LumpkinBrews

LumpkinBrews Disciple (344) Aug 30, 2013 Colorado
    Trader

Awesome dude here! Cheers @Kurmaraja! BA definitely can use more of this!

10. ehmyers31

ehmyers31 Initiate (0) Jul 31, 2014 Iowa

This is great. I'm working on trade number 2 (shipped out Monday), and would not mind my name being in the "hat". Slowly but surely Iowa is getting better distribution... definitely still a work in progress though. Cheers!

dust_bunny likes this.
  11. CSO

Trader

Rigged! It's all rigged!

12. 3bthero

3bthero Initiate (0) Dec 25, 2012 Colorado

Would love the opportunity to try de garde stuff. New trader but my state CO has good breweries would still love to considered.

13. Kurmaraja

Society Trader

Your name is definitely not in the hat!! Security, security - can you show this man to the door?

14. Mdlove3081

Mdlove3081 Initiate (0) Jun 14, 2014 Indiana

Would absolutely love to throw my name in the hat. Currently working on trade number 2 with this awesome community. I live in Indiana but unfortunately in an area that has poor distribution to say the least. Anything worth picking up requires a 6 hour round trip to the source.

This type of gesture is why I love this community and is how I operate with my local friends. Anything worthwhile I am able to score or receive in trade is shared with my local craft friends. So many great beers out there that in my opinion are not only meant to be drank but also shared amongst friends.

Cheers for putting this together

15. 64vdub

64vdub Aspirant (267) Feb 20, 2014 California
    Trader

Thumbs up @Kurmaraja I've been in this same situation and it felt better gifting the awesome beer than receiving the awesome beer for free.

16. Travitten

Travitten Devotee (402) Feb 8, 2014 Iowa
    Trader

I have had Tillamook cheese and ice cream. Is their beer as good?

17. CSO

Trader

All right all right, I'm going. No need to have your goons rough me up.

Once again, very cool move on your part.

18. cal1207

cal1207 Initiate (0) Oct 29, 2013 California

I want in!

yes i live in CA but where i live is limited distobution. Its the grey zone of CA DISTRIBUTION for craft beer! (farmersville CA 45 min south of fresno)

19. SoFla123

SoFla123 Initiate (181) Jul 18, 2013 Florida
    Trader

Would love to try something from De Garde, never have. I've been trading for just over a year and never gotten the chance!

20. core42

core42 Zealot (559) May 5, 2010 Michigan
    Trader

I have never had any de Garde but I do live in an awesome state for beer :wink:

21. Kurmaraja

Society Trader

Sorry buddy, with 45 trades you're no newbie! Put some of those Michigan whales to work and land yourself some de garde; you won't regret it.

22. jjhnwade

jjhnwade Initiate (0) Dec 18, 2012 Iowa

I have not had any de Garde before but would love to try them, since I am getting into sour beers and I have only heard good things.

23. B-Nut-GoBlue

B-Nut-GoBlue Disciple (322) Apr 22, 2014 Iowa
    Trader

Count me in, if possible! Thanks, awesome deed!

24. incubuscience

incubuscience Initiate (0) Jul 26, 2012 Illinois

Don't want the bottles, but kudos for paying it forward. Nice to see this still happens every once in a while.

25. dust_bunny

dust_bunny Initiate (0) Apr 4, 2014 Arizona

@Veritas46x2
    This man has wanted to try degarde more than I can put in words and he lives in the middle of nowhere lol here in AZ... Help him out please!!!

26. joltinmatt

joltinmatt Initiate (0) Jan 24, 2011 Ohio

Would love to be included if possible as i have never had de garde, but i'm clearly over the five trades (all this year though) and have pretty decent distro in southern ohio. If that disqualifies me, no worries, and amazing offer op!

27. core42

core42 Zealot (559) May 5, 2010 Michigan
    Trader

Oops...lol I was so mesmerized by the De Garde part that I didn't fully read your post.
    Good luck all & great offer OP!

28. dust_bunny

dust_bunny Initiate (0) Apr 4, 2014 Arizona

29. iJyuken

iJyuken Initiate (0) Jul 3, 2013 New Jersey

Count me in

30. Shinck14

Shinck14 Initiate (0) May 30, 2014 Kansas

Yeah I'm absolutely in on this. But OP this is a great thing you're doing, the beer it forward and the people that follow through with it are awesome. Would love the opportunity to get that karma wheel rolling from my end. anyway congrats to the op and the recipient

31. wjrainer

wjrainer Initiate (118) Feb 21, 2014 North Carolina

Wow! I've never had any De Garde and would love the opportunity. About to complete my 5th trade so I suppose I qualify. Extremely generous!

32. Kurmaraja

Society Trader

I think those folks can fend for themselves.

33. WTKeene

WTKeene Initiate (0) Jul 13, 2013 New Mexico

My above remark was obviously meant to be tongue-in-cheek, haha. What you're doing is amazing and we need more not less of it, keep it up.

34. antlerwrestler19

antlerwrestler19 Initiate (0) Nov 24, 2010 Nebraska

I traded a bit in the past but haven't completed one in over a year. I live in Nebraska.....so nothing more needs to be said about the availability of beers for me other than it's somewhat bleak.

Cool idea and good on you OP.

Cheers!

35. Apatschinn

Apatschinn Initiate (0) Apr 2, 2014 Iowa

OP, Just wanted to say that what your doing is awesome! I'm totally in! I'm from Southeast Iowa and I've never had DeGarde before!

36. obiwan

obiwan Initiate (0) Jun 22, 2013 California

This is awesome. I've been trying to get De Garde, with no success thus far. But I live in CA so I can't complain that much. Thanks OP, and good luck to all!

37. csaxon128

csaxon128 Initiate (116) Aug 6, 2014 Iowa
    Trader

I've been wanting to try De Garde. I have access to TG but that's about it.

38. whitemomba

whitemomba Initiate (0) Mar 19, 2011 Virginia

Never had any de garde. This is awesome man. Ill for sure pay it forward if you pick me. Cheers!

39. SatchmoDavis

SatchmoDavis Initiate (74) Aug 1, 2014 Pennsylvania

I live in Philadelphia and have never completed a trade (unless having my cousin ship me Heady counts). I've basically been stockpiling for the last year and have a decent shelf but would love to start to acquire some trading partners as well.

This might be the thread that starts my trading career, so thanks OP!

40. jackmax

jackmax Initiate (0) Aug 28, 2013 Washington

You're a good dude Kurma! I wish there were less douche bags and more traders like you out there. You are inspiring.
    Cheers!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.