Dismiss Notice
We're celebrating 10 years of BeerAdvocate magazine with $10 print subscriptions for US residents.

Subscribe now!

ISO: Recommendations for Dallas, TX

Discussion in 'Southwest' started by ZombiesAteMyDog, Feb 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZombiesAteMyDog

ZombiesAteMyDog Jul 8, 2008 Indiana

I'm looking for some good stores and bars/eateries in the area with a good selection. Hoping to try some lagunitas, deschutes, jester king, ect.

I looked up Dallas on here, but was hoping for some good word-of-mouth. So far, I've heard good things about Strangeways.

Cheers and thanks in advance,
    Nick

2. gtermi

gtermi Apr 21, 2010 Texas

Central Market is where I go and they always have those breweries.

3. Lethal04

Lethal04 Sep 3, 2009 Missouri

Central Market, Whole Foods, Spec's, Hall's, Total Wine

4. thirdeye11

thirdeye11 Feb 3, 2009 Texas
    Beer Trader

Don't forget Lonestar Beverages up in Carrollton if you can go outside the city a bit. Arguably the best selection in all of DFW. They're a craft beer store, not a bar.

Cheers,
    Chad

5. jsboots21

jsboots21 Jan 19, 2009 Tennessee

Chad is right on here. For bars with good selections of what you're seeking, check out Meddlesome Moth, Goodfriend, and Common Table. The Moth has several of Jester's newer offerings (Funk Metal, RU-55) available in bottle right now.

lonestarbev likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • BeerAdvocate Microbrew Invitational

Join us June 2-3, 2017 in Boston, Mass. for beer, cider, mead, kombucha and sake from over 70 small producers.

Learn More
  • 10 Years of BeerAdvocate Magazine

We're celebrating 10 years of BA mag with $10 print subscriptions for US residents!

Subscribe