ISO trusted site to buy Westvleteren crate

Discussion in 'ISO;FT (Breweriana Only)' started by Krisbram, Sep 26, 2018.

1. Krisbram

Krisbram Initiate (17) Jan 27, 2011 New Jersey
    Trader

The chances of someone here having a crate they’re willing to trade is probably rare if you went to all that effort to bring it back to the states! So really I’m looking for a trusted website to purchase one, I can’t tell who out there is selling the real deal or if they are selling reproductions. I don’t want to spend $50+ on a fake. This is for my husband for our five year anniversary (wood anniversary), we went to the abbey for our honeymoon but it wasn’t a bottle/crate day so we only got the gift boxes of bottles.

Beer_Economicus and beertunes like this.
  2. Beer_Economicus

Beer_Economicus Devotee (413) Apr 8, 2017 Indiana
    Trader

I'm confident if you post this question in the Brewiana forum also, that between these two subforums someone will hit you up with an easy trade. You may not have to go through a site at all.

Very sweet of you. Best of luck!

3. Jaycase

Jaycase Meyvn (1,199) Jan 13, 2007 Illinois
    Trader

4. UrbanBeerNerd

UrbanBeerNerd Initiate (157) Feb 13, 2015 Massachusetts
    Trader

I’ve purchased Westy 12 from both Belgium in a Box and Etre Gourmet and never had an issue. I have not purchased a full crate, but I trust both sites and would be confident ordering a crate from both. Good luck.

Jaycase and Beer_Economicus like this.
  5. Krisbram

Trader

Thank you, everyone! I actually ended up finding an Etsy seller who used to live in Belgium and had a mini collection of crates and she lives like two towns over from me! We're going to meet up next weekend - mission accomplished. Now I just have to hope my husband didn't see me make this post on BA that gives away my anniversary gift lol.

Beer_Economicus likes this.
  6. ArrogantB

ArrogantB Poo-Bah (3,365) Jun 9, 2006 Colorado
    Trader

Isn't he going to be disappointed when there's no Westvleteren beer to go with the crate? Better get the beer too, trust me.

7. Krisbram

Trader

We still have a couple bottles left from our honeymoon that we bought from the cafe gift shop, but lo and behold when I met up with the woman mentioned above, she and her husband threw in two bottles (an 8 and a 12) with the crates, plus a goblet! So I was happy to get beers direct from the source and not buy online and give money to someone who really shouldn't be re-selling Westies!! They're now added to the cellar, patiently waiting for us to enjoy sometime after I have baby #2 in a few weeks lol.

8. Jaycase

Jaycase Meyvn (1,199) Jan 13, 2007 Illinois
    Trader

Congratulations & good luck!