Dismiss Notice
We're celebrating 10 years of BeerAdvocate magazine with $10 print subscriptions for US residents.

Subscribe now!

It's International Stout Day! What Stout are you drinking?

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by fujindemon74, Nov 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSixthRing

TheSixthRing Sep 24, 2008 California

I found the Drake's Drakonic Imperial to be amazing. The Oskar Blues Ten Fidy? Not so much. Just way too much boozy anise qualities throughout that I found mismatched with the chocolate notes. I've had many a bottle of absinthe in my day, so I'm accustomed to that black liquorice flavor... but in an RIS, and so predominant? It just doesn't work for me.
  2. MegDuf32

MegDuf32 Jan 12, 2011 Illinois
    Beer Trader

Okay Dark Lord, you win. The PBR is just to cleanse the palate : )
    MattyG85 likes this.
  3. Sunhunters

Sunhunters Oct 22, 2008 California

4. sergeantstogie

sergeantstogie Nov 16, 2010 Washington

Midnight Sun Berserker!!!!!!!!
  5. stayclean

stayclean Mar 17, 2012 Wisconsin

Currently sipping on a Breakfast Stout nightcap after having had a Tyranena Dirty Old Man before dinner.
  6. Cookeeman

Cookeeman Oct 24, 2012 British Columbia (Canada)

Had a Howe Sound Brewing Pothole Filler IS. Delish :)
  7. snipehunter75

snipehunter75 Nov 9, 2012

I've got plenty of my Whiskey Barrel Stout homebrew to drink, which turned out quite well.... so I won't need to splurge on someone else's brew until the weekend. ;-)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Extreme Beer FestĀ® Cometh

February 3-4, 2017. Boston, Mass. Limited tickets available. Prepare for epicness.

Learn More
  • Free Trial Subscription

Reside in the US? Interested in a free 1-month trial subscription to the print edition of BeerAdvocate magazine?

Yes! Sign Me Up!