Jackie O's (2018)

Discussion in 'US - Midwest' started by zbodnar1, Jan 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. invertalon

invertalon Devotee (498) Jan 27, 2009 Ohio
    Trader

Bummer... Friends sister will be there today and was hoping she could snag me some of those Berliner's!

2. HomelessDrew

HomelessDrew Initiate (0) Mar 25, 2010 Ohio

OOOOoooohh the bottle release is coming up.

3. Mshull

Mshull Disciple (384) Mar 26, 2013 Ohio

Anyone have an idea how much bb coffee oil is left?

4. beace

beace Initiate (0) Jan 18, 2007 California

~35 cases

marcus23 likes this.
  5. Mshull

Mshull Disciple (384) Mar 26, 2013 Ohio

Thanks

6. PJ_

PJ_ Initiate (152) Nov 13, 2014 Massachusetts

Nice indoor seating expansion on Campbell.

7. Bpfahl

Bpfahl Initiate (0) Oct 11, 2014 Ohio

Any hotel deals for the upcoming release @beace?

8. beace

Working on that today. I will let you all know when I lock in some options.

Bpfahl likes this.
  9. toppoop

toppoop Disciple (334) Sep 27, 2009 Ohio

Anyone know if Coffee BB Oil wil last until tomorrow? Heading through Athens late morning tomorrow.

10. radio2525

radio2525 Initiate (164) Feb 14, 2012 Ohio
    Trader

they were 35 case at opening yesterday so you should be safe

11. PSU_Mike

PSU_Mike Champion (865) Sep 6, 2013 Pennsylvania

So what exactly is available to purchase right now? Thinking about doing a Saturday cannonball run.

12. marcus23

marcus23 Initiate (0) Mar 14, 2014 England

Check the website. They are very good at keeping the bottle list up to date. BB Coffee Oil will last, I'm sure.

PSU_Mike and Brewski like this.
  13. NABS

NABS Initiate (116) May 11, 2011 Ohio

Made it to Campbell St. Jackie O's this past weekend, but unfortunately, didn't get downtown (or back to the brewery for Nutted BK).

First time in Athens/at Jackie O's in way too long. It was so good to be back. I'm hoping the next time is MUCH sooner. MUCH, much sooner.

That BB Coffee Oil was amazing!

JArt, marcus23 and BigSpeen3436 like this.
  14. beace

OU Inn request the "Jackie O's rate" that is all we could lock in. There should be plenty of rooms around town though.

RyanMcFly1985 and Bpfahl like this.
  15. Bpfahl

Bpfahl Initiate (0) Oct 11, 2014 Ohio

Thanks @beace!

16. beace

Updates coming tomorrow.

17. invertalon

Trader

Nothing going on this weekend right? May come down for a visit Saturday and don't want to stumble on some super busy bottle release. Lol

Also, only been to JO once before, around the time the other location caught fire. What is the difference between the (3?) locations? The one we went to had the U shape bar and had food. I know there is the production facility, but what is the last one? Sorry for my ignorance, just trying to get a plan together.

18. sbh50

sbh50 Initiate (82) Feb 6, 2015 Ohio
    Trader

The last one you didn't mention is the public house and it's right next door (and attached around the back) to the brewpub, which is the one you were in. The public house just got renovated so you should check it out. It looks really cool. The production brewery is the place you buy all of the 375 bottles and cans if that's what you want. Check out their site to see which drafts you would like to have. All three usually have at least one different beer than the others. I believe the public house is now the location to order food if you want food. http://jackieos.com/

invertalon likes this.
  19. RayOhioFelton

RayOhioFelton Initiate (0) May 24, 2011 Ohio
    Deactivated

Had a barrel aged vanilla/coffee dark app recently and it was fine for what it's worth.

20. BigSpeen3436

BigSpeen3436 Initiate (0) Oct 23, 2013 Ohio

This BB Coffee Oil is ridiculous. So much chocolaty, nutty, coffee goodness with just the right amount of bourbon.

21. invertalon

Trader

Thanks @sbh50

Any particular order is best to hit them in to avoid it being busy? Should be there Saturday around open. Wasn't sure if it was best to start off at the production facility / taproom and then go on over to the public house or do it the opposite way.

22. jampics2

jampics2 Poo-Bah (1,787) Dec 19, 2008 Ohio
    Society Trader

Ditto.

RayOhioFelton likes this.
  23. PSU_Mike

PSU_Mike Champion (865) Sep 6, 2013 Pennsylvania

I'm heading down on Saturday from North of Pittsburgh. Has Bodhi hit yet and if so, where would be good places to get some? Ideally looking for a case since I have a buddy looking for some as well but I can settle for lower quantities.

24. miketd

miketd Initiate (0) Mar 2, 2006 Ohio

Might see you there.

Brewery won't be busy at open, and Public House is huge, so it usually isn't too bad. Brewpub will be busy from open, most likely.

25. invertalon

Trader

We did the brewpub last time, so mainly looking at the Public House and Production Brewery this time around. Given the public house is open at 11am and the taproom production facility is 12 noon, not sure if we will just get to the public house at 11am and move on tot he taproom later or do it the other way around yet.

26. sbh50

sbh50 Initiate (82) Feb 6, 2015 Ohio
    Trader

What he said :grinning: Open usually isn't bad for all 3 locations in my experience.

27. invertalon

Trader

If the brewpub doesn't open until 6pm we may be gone by then, so it looks like the other two locations only this time around. We may stop at another brewery later in the day on our trek back to our hotel near Columbus (hitting up Wolf Ridge on Sunday before heading home).

28. BuckeyeBeerhead

BuckeyeBeerhead Initiate (143) Jun 18, 2014 Ohio
    Trader

Good chance Wolf's Ridge might still have bottles left from the release tomorrow. You could likely go later in the day tomorrow after everything dies down and get in and out without any hassle.

29. Brewski

Brewski Devotee (436) Jul 22, 2012 Pennsylvania

It hit in the Columbus area on Tuesday. I doubt you find any around Athens. I was working in Columbus on Monday and Tuesday and was lucky to get 1 four pack at a Giant Eagle MD. All the places I heard that got it put a 1 four pack limit on it so no way a case will be obtainable at this point. You can get growler fills of it in Columbus no problem though. Tons of places have it on tap. Anyway, have a fun trip and enjoy them great JO brews!!

30. Cbusssted

Cbusssted Initiate (0) Jul 3, 2012 Ohio

Echoing that. The bottles (coffee vanilla dire wolf and coconut howling moon) will most likely be still available into the afternoon/evening Saturday and there will certainly be a lot of stellar taps to be had for a few days/a week following. Ask the bartenders for growler availability, some special infusions might not be fillable. Be sure to try Clear Sky Daybreak and the new smoked Helles though.

31. Josbor11

Josbor11 Initiate (0) Dec 21, 2013 Ohio

Planning on finally visiting JO soon. I'm kind of confused as to where to go though. From reading this thread it looks like they have three locations (Brewpub, Public House, & Taproom) with three different addresses. Why are there so many and what's the difference between the three?

Ideally looking to grab some bottles, have a nice dinner, and have a good draft list of options we don't see up in Cleveland. Can this all be done at one stop or will I need to hit more than one location? We plan on heading to Athens in the evening after a day at hocking so likely wouldn't get to town until 6:00 or 7:00 and then we would head back home early Sunday morning.

32. HurricaneDitka

HurricaneDitka Initiate (0) Dec 25, 2011 Michigan

Apparently stating that I had a bad bottle of BB Vanilla Coffee Dark Apparition was viewed as "probably trolling." Well, I had a second bottle with the same results. I have a pretty expansive stock of their beers, and all the others i've had lately have been great. I love me some Jackie Os, i'm not going to stop supporting them, but I don't see the harm in putting it out there for others that there might be an issue with a specific bottle and it's worth checking out your stock.

I'll most definitely bring a bottle with me the next time I drive through Athens and let them have it for science.

33. miketd

Production Brewery is probably a mile or so away from the Brewpub and Public House(Those two are next door to each other.) Public Hiuse is bigger and has more tap lines, and they have a few guest beers. PH also opens earlier than the Brewpub, The Brewpub is small with, at times, more of the limited drafts, although I'm not sure if that's true anymore. All bottles/cans are sold at the production facility on Campbell.

As far as the BB Coffee Dark App, I had one last night and it was fine. Coffee is faded but srill great.

Josbor11 likes this.
  34. PJ_

What Mike said above plus spend some time on their website. They have the updated draft list and hours for all 3 locations so that should help you plan better.

Josbor11 likes this.
  35. Stefko

Stefko Initiate (180) Dec 18, 2014 Ohio
    Trader

Have the bottle release bottles been posted anywhere yet? I haven't heard anything about it since that post a month or so ago.

frenchblood21 likes this.
  36. ddedhed

ddedhed Guest (0)

Post #1778 above. But sometimes tomorrow never comes. :wink:

37. irishaj

irishaj Initiate (0) Jan 1, 2014 Ohio

Brad was talking about a hotel update, which we got

Curious to know what else is happening besides what we already know

38. miketd

Bourbon barrel Oro is spectacular

39. PJ_

You got hooked up with a try or is it on tap somewhere?

NABS likes this.
  40. miketd

Just a taste.

Ohiovania, RayOhioFelton and PJ_ like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.