January what homebrew are you drinking

Discussion in 'Homebrewing' started by loebrygg, Jan 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MCBanjoMike

MCBanjoMike Initiate (0) Aug 7, 2014 Canada (QC)

After many trials and tribulations, I was finally able to get a pour of my (accidentally) Imperial Black IPA, made with midnight wheat and hopped with Citra and Amarillo:

[​IMG]

This poor beer has been through the wringer and is probably going to fall off really quickly from oxygen exposure, but despite that it's still decent. I'd like a bit more roasty character, so I'll probably change up the malt bill, but I expect I'll rebrew it. Must be the wheat, but check out this sweet lacing:

[​IMG]

2. loebrygg

loebrygg Initiate (0) Jun 4, 2016 Norway
    Deactivated

Carbonationtest of NEIPA Galaxy Mosaic
    12 days fermenting, 10 conditioning

[​IMG]

amazing aroma and mouthfeel

scottakelly and MFMB like this.
  3. GreenKrusty101

GreenKrusty101 Initiate (0) Dec 4, 2008 Nevada

Last of Lime "Nit Wit" to make room for Winter Solstice Rye and eventually a couple of Lagers...keg kick pool says 1.2 pours :slight_smile:

scottakelly likes this.
  4. loebrygg

Deactivated

Double Bastard Ale

[​IMG]

more balanced now, less caramel/Special B

GormBrewhouse, Lukass and scottakelly like this.
  5. CADETS3

CADETS3 Initiate (0) Dec 3, 2014 Texas

Checked the gravity on my imperial stout and finished at 17.47%!! FG came in right at 1.036. Tastes soooo damn good. Sipping on the sample now.

6. stealth

stealth Pooh-Bah (1,819) Dec 16, 2011 Minnesota
    Pooh-Bah Society

Drinking some of my mango lambic and 15% abv imperial milk stout with maple syrup, rye whiskey oak, vanilla, and cinnamon.

Lukass, SABERG, premierpro and 5 others like this.
  7. TriggerFingers

TriggerFingers Initiate (0) Apr 29, 2012 California

Occasional tastings of my Westvleteren XII clone.

This weekend going to play around with a few bottles of my "Late Harvest Barley Belgian" and see if I can make some type of punch/cocktail with it. It was one of those beers that I couldn't bring myself to dump because it finished too sweet/or wasn't bitter enough...however you want to think of it. It's 13% and super viscous. Frozen fruit and sparkling water may be just the ticket to tame it.

Bottling my Super Super Saison (Stone 8/8/08 clone) in the next day or so. Should be sampling before the end of the month.

#27 TriggerFingers, Jan 10, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
    scottakelly likes this.
  8. c64person

c64person Initiate (0) Mar 20, 2010 Michigan

Got my Goose Shake IPA all kegged up. Absolutely amazing. My NE IPA base sitting on 1.5lb per gallon of cape gooseberries hopped with all mosaic. Tropical, tart, pineapple, really nice.

[​IMG]

9. Curmudgeon

Curmudgeon Savant (1,038) May 29, 2014 Massachusetts
    Society

First time I've had all three of my taps flowing. Nice to have options.
    Oatmeal Milk Stout, English Pale Ale with 100% Nelson and JohnSnowNW's Saison.
    [​IMG]

10. ECCS

ECCS Zealot (731) Oct 28, 2015 Illinois

After 9 months of lurking these forums, occasional questions, and mixed results on 1 gallon extract brews... I'm finally drinking my first all grain 5 gallon BIAB pale ale with 6 oz of citra/mosaic. 38 IBU, 5.3% ABV. Maris otter and flaked wheat give great body and head retention. London III yeast.

[​IMG]

11. hezagenius

hezagenius Initiate (0) Jan 3, 2011 Iowa

NEIPA. Keg is almost gone!

12. rocdoc1

rocdoc1 Savant (1,191) Jan 13, 2006 New Mexico

My "generic" brown ale, it's actually pretty damn good!

13. Behlal

Behlal Initiate (0) Dec 21, 2016 Illinois

Opened my first bottle of my first brew tonight which is milk stout. It's ok may just need to bottle condition more. The taste isn't off per se it's kind of thing and not as smooth as I'm accustomed to with milk stouts.

14. GormBrewhouse

GormBrewhouse Pooh-Bah (2,111) Jun 24, 2015 Vermont
    Pooh-Bah Society

Oatmeal pale ale then ryeipa finishing with the J-60 ginger IPA which was super.

15. loebrygg

Deactivated

Columbus Tripel

[​IMG]

16. loebrygg

Deactivated

17. Brewday

Brewday Initiate (0) Dec 25, 2015 New York

Looks more like a Thomas Edison IPA.

18. invertalon

invertalon Pooh-Bah (2,065) Jan 27, 2009 Ohio
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Groove Juice, my 4.2% ABV session pale ale. This beer is just phenomenal... I don't think it could be improved for what I was after. Extremely intense hop aroma and flavor, just enough malt complexity to support the beer.

This beer was hopped with Columbus, Galaxy and Citra... Utilized during first wort hopping, 20min, 15min, 5min boil additions... 30min whirlpool... Finished with dual dry hop.

Grist comprised of Golden Promise, 2-row, Oats, White Wheat, Vienna, 10L and Honey Malt.

Funny as it may sound, this beer "takes me back" to our trip this summer sitting at Trillium enjoying glass after glass of their amazing IPA's (favorite in the NE area out of the 20 or so we went to). So perfect.

[​IMG]

Mongrel, jmich24, premierpro and 6 others like this.
  19. Dennis-King

Dennis-King Initiate (0) Jul 21, 2015 England

A clone of Theakston old peculiar, a historic beer here in the UK. The commercial version is 5.6% these days, mine is 7.1%. Very nice.

SABERG and scottakelly like this.
  20. redgorillabreath

redgorillabreath Zealot (511) Mar 29, 2015 Pennsylvania

Is that the one you boiled for 6 hours (or something like that)?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.