Jeff O'Neil Starting Industrial Arts Brewing Co. in Rockland, NY

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by MichaelHatter, Aug 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Samlover55

Samlover55 Pooh-Bah (1,661) Oct 8, 2015 New York
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Surprise drops.....

ONovoMexicano, Xerlic and TongoRad like this.
  2. Samlover55

Pooh-Bah Society Trader

They teased in beer on Instagram for later today. No word on what it is yet, though.

3. Samlover55

Pooh-Bah Society Trader

4. Xerlic

Xerlic Maven (1,374) Aug 26, 2016 New York
    Trader

That beer sounds great. I'm assuming the limited quantities means no distro. I might have to take a ride there on Saturday after D96 Oktoberfest.

SammyJaxxxx and ONovoMexicano like this.
  5. IPAPolice

IPAPolice Initiate (0) Aug 30, 2016 New York

It was definitely different. They are nailing the Brut IPA dryness, but I'm still lukewarm on the style. Certainly didn't drink like a DIPA.

FonyBones and ONovoMexicano like this.
  6. DEdesings57

DEdesings57 Pooh-Bah (2,472) Aug 26, 2012 New Jersey
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

This beer came out great!

I have only had Brutt IPAs from Magnify and IAs

Compared to Magnify IAs approaches a Brutt DIPA from a much more refined and more minimalist approach.

As for the adjunct, They nailed the whole Cotton Candy Grapes thing, awesome stuff!
    [​IMG]

7. ONovoMexicano

ONovoMexicano Initiate (0) Jun 14, 2012 New Mexico

IA has been quiet on the new beer front. I need some Torque Wrench or Wrench in my fridge ASAP but haven't seen it locally in a while.

8. M-Fox24

M-Fox24 Grand Pooh-Bah (3,585) Mar 17, 2013 New Jersey
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Don’t think that will be too much of an issue going forward

9. BoardwalkBock

BoardwalkBock Pooh-Bah (2,017) Aug 18, 2012 New York
    Pooh-Bah Society

I stopped at the brewery on my way home yesterday. Cool little space. They had cans of Wrench, Splice, Metric and the harvest lager. Tried the harvest lager and Bloomerang. The lager was great; wasn’t fond of Bloomerang at all (had this a bit of acidity on the forefront which I dont think was intentional). Latest batch of Wrench was canned on 10/16.

SammyJaxxxx and ONovoMexicano like this.
  10. TongoRad

TongoRad Grand Pooh-Bah (3,848) Jun 3, 2004 New Jersey
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Craft 303 had a couple of 4-packs of Torque Wrench on the shelf yesterday, but they are probably 3 weeks old or so at this point. I don't know if it falls off that quickly or not, but it's there.

I picked up the Splice, myself, which is a pretty nice hoppy sour- definitely has a twang to it, that's for sure.

11. guinness77

guinness77 Grand Pooh-Bah (3,480) Jan 6, 2014 New York
    Pooh-Bah Society

I drank a can of Autumn Landscapes straight from the can the other night and I was extremely impressed. I wish I had bought more than 2, I might get more but I haven’t seen it around my parts. I got it in Brooklyn. Great freakin beer.

TongoRad and ONovoMexicano like this.
  12. guinness77

Pooh-Bah Society

I’d say TW with 3 weeks on it sounds just about perfect.

Vizualize, TongoRad and ONovoMexicano like this.
  13. TongoRad

Pooh-Bah Society Trader

One of my beers of the year so far! I'm still seeing it on this side of the Hudson, too, so if you're ever out this way let me know.

ONovoMexicano and guinness77 like this.
  14. guinness77

Pooh-Bah Society

Cool. Thanks as always Michael.

ONovoMexicano likes this.
  15. BoardwalkBock

BoardwalkBock Pooh-Bah (2,017) Aug 18, 2012 New York
    Pooh-Bah Society

Yea I got a 4 pck at the brewery yesterday after having a pour and was very impressed. Great lager.

ONovoMexicano and guinness77 like this.
  16. cavedave

cavedave Grand Pooh-Bah (4,133) Mar 12, 2009 New York
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

[​IMG]
    Did you know studies show that Olympic athletes that win the bronze medal are significantly happier than those that win silver⁉️Speaking of which, Thursday we releaseBRONZE MEDALa hoppy lager we brewed with our dear friends from Santa Fe Brewing Co. It was made with Bohemian malts, Styrian Wolf, Michigan-grown Zuuper Saazer and freshly kilned Cascade flowers from Washington. Bold, balanced and badass. ️‍♀️ 5.8% ABV and draught only!!

17. Timmush

Timmush Pundit (907) Jan 5, 2008 New Jersey

Looks like I picked a good time to visit for the first time. See you Saturday :wink:

schteve, ColdOne, cavedave and 2 others like this.
  18. TongoRad

Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Does anyone know if they would sell crowlers of something like this?

19. ONovoMexicano

ONovoMexicano Initiate (0) Jun 14, 2012 New Mexico

I think so. I don't see why not.

Pretty cool to see Santa Fe Brewing Company making the rounds out east (collab with Interboro sounds great). They're not the best NM brewery but maybe these collaborations will help them hone their product and maybe some east coast breweries will visit New Mexico for some collaborations out there.

I'm so overdue for an IA visit.

But in other news, Wrench has become the staple in my fridge. It's my La Cumbre Elevated of the East Coast.

20. TongoRad

Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Crowlers weren't a problem- I picked up a few yesterday. The beer is pretty much like a hefty "Americanized" Vienna, and very well made. I posted some thoughts on New Beer Sunday (Week 716)

ETA- My recollection of Santa Fe Brewing goes back a while; I was there and Albuquerque in the mid 90s, and the beers were surely nice to have back then. The Pale Ale and Porter were clearly from the Sierra Nevada/Deschutes mold. Is that the niche that they're still trying to fill these days?

Xerlic and ONovoMexicano like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.