Jeff O'Neil Starting Industrial Arts Brewing Co. in Rockland, NY

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by MichaelHatter, Aug 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rozzom

rozzom Pooh-Bah (2,534) Jan 22, 2011 New York
    Pooh-Bah Trader

Look at the balls on this guy

Hey guy - unwritten rule on here - NOBODY says anything remotely negative about Suarez. Unless they want a little night night with the fishes

Xerlic, frozyn, Msudukie and 3 others like this.
  2. tinoynk

tinoynk Pundit (776) Sep 25, 2010 New York
    Trader

Eh they don't know what they're doing up there :wink:

But in all seriousness, I could tell it was a well made beer, I just couldn't get past that one note from what I assumed was the spelt, and every spelt beer I've had since had that same note.

ColdOne and rozzom like this.
  3. SammyJaxxxx

SammyJaxxxx Initiate (0) Feb 23, 2012 New Jersey

Well now, thanks to you, it is a written rule.

4. jonphisher

jonphisher Grand Pooh-Bah (3,436) Aug 9, 2015 New Jersey
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

I just desperately want some pocket wrench, hopefully if the past is any indication it'll eventually make its way to distro in NJ. Probably not this time around I would guess. Maybe next time.

DEdesings57 likes this.
  5. Dreamer57

Dreamer57 Zealot (661) Apr 13, 2015 New Jersey
    Trader

People asked about Jersey on insta and they said no not this time

6. njcraftfan

njcraftfan Zealot (684) Dec 18, 2016 New Jersey

haven't had the batch so purely anecdotal, but there were quite a few people chiming in on the NJ FB Group saying the 12/4 batch of wrench seemed noticeably off... anyone experience that?

7. SammyJaxxxx

I had a 12/4 batch and a November batch. I drank the November beer and sent the December in a couple of boxes I had to send. I hope it is ok.

8. AccipiterofBeer

AccipiterofBeer Maven (1,399) Nov 28, 2016 New York

I went to the recently opened Knuckles in Stony Point who are offering IA on tap. It's about 10 minutes up the road from the brewery. They had Wrench and a few others. It's a small place right on 202/9W with great sandwiches. They also had a few Defiant brews from Pearl River.

#668 AccipiterofBeer, Dec 23, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2018
    Xerlic likes this.
  9. jma1979

jma1979 Aspirant (240) Mar 21, 2018 New York

10. cavedave

cavedave Grand Pooh-Bah (4,133) Mar 12, 2009 New York
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Also came here to post that link

"Rockland County residents also have reason to celebrate: Renovations to the Garnerville taproom will double its capacity and extend its hours by late spring/early summer. Once production at the Beacon facility hits full speed, Barbaresco says Garnerville will focus on creative exploration of processes and ingredients — sure to result in more brilliant beers.

Ironically, Beacon was where O’Neill originally wanted to open Industrial Arts. This spring, his vision will come full circle." -from article

11. jma1979

jma1979 Aspirant (240) Mar 21, 2018 New York

They should get the folks from Stock Up (who are sadly closing up shop on Sunday) to be the permanent food option... I had even seen Chief in there from time to time.

Now I’ll be able to walk to the new place after work if I really want to. I could probably hit it with a frisbee if I throw it hard enough...

12. SammyJaxxxx

Great news. I think I will pop open a can of Wrench

13. DEdesings57

DEdesings57 Pooh-Bah (2,472) Aug 26, 2012 New Jersey
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Got a 4-pack of Pocket Wrench, Ill keep you guys posted on how it fairs.

SammyJaxxxx likes this.
  14. SudsDoctor

SudsDoctor Maven (1,475) Nov 23, 2008 New York
    Society

For those (like me) who reside outside of the IA can distro footprint (e.g. Suffolk County), several NYC stores have an ample variety of their stuff: Milk and Hops, Bread & Honey, Malt & Mold, Food Emporium and Clinton Gourmet Market. At the latter I just got cans of Wrench, Torque Wrench, Pocket Wrench, Power Tools, Metric, and Winter Landscape. They also had Tools of the Trade, Corkscrew and Nailed It!

SammyJaxxxx likes this.
  15. SudsDoctor

SudsDoctor Maven (1,475) Nov 23, 2008 New York
    Society

That's a new one and not yet listed here on BA. Maybe you can add it. I'll try if not.

DEdesings57 likes this.
  16. zid

zid Grand Pooh-Bah (3,058) Feb 15, 2010 New York
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Rollom, you've put that in such a way that I can't resist responding. With their "country beers," lagers, mild, and porter... Suarez is one of my favorite US brewers. And if all they made were their pale ales and the like, I wouldn't really give a darn about them. You can bring the cement and I'll meet you down by the dock. Now everyone can get back to their IA expansion talk. Expansion talk makes me wince rather than rejoice. I don't know if there's another rule about saying anything remotely negative about IA... but you can't kill me twice anyway. :slight_smile:

rozzom likes this.
  17. BeRightBock

BeRightBock Zealot (557) Apr 27, 2007 New York

Been there three times in 2018.

One of the least friendly establishments I've been too outside of Williamsburg.

Hard pass.

:slight_frown:

18. SammyJaxxxx

That is odd and the complete opposite of my experiences there. By no means am I a regular I go there about 6 times a year. Everyone there that I have interacted with from Chief on down, has been wonderful.
    Im not discounting your experience It is just very different than mine

19. rozzom

rozzom Pooh-Bah (2,534) Jan 22, 2011 New York
    Pooh-Bah Trader

My favorite brewery in NY for sure (Suarez that is, although I’m a fan of IA too and agreed about expansion - hope it’s done right)

zid likes this.
  20. Rocktire

Rocktire Zealot (724) Jan 15, 2017 New York
    Society

I get you...never found the staff there overly friendly...doesn't stop me from going, but I understand where you are coming from.

BeRightBock likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.