Jester King Bottle Shares - 8/31, 9/7, 9/14

Discussion in 'Southwest' started by nsheehan, Aug 21, 2013.

1. noisefights

noisefights Jun 14, 2013 Texas
    Beer Trader

This lurker will be there tomorrow. Just updated the spreadsheet with my contribution. Anybody have a preference between Toxic Revolution or Moloko? ;)

2. HopAG

HopAG Sep 22, 2012 Texas
    Beer Trader

Toxic as I had Moloko on wednesday at Buffalo

3. Nablock

Nablock Aug 17, 2013 Texas
    Beer Trader

Toxic is better anyways IMO.

4. noisefights

noisefights Jun 14, 2013 Texas
    Beer Trader

Toxic it is then. See y'all tomorrow.

5. boogercrack

boogercrack May 24, 2012 Texas
    Beer Trader

is it just me, or is anyone else having some level of questioning oneself, "do i want to participate in the bottle share, when a good part of me would rather just drink atrial, ol oi, and cask el cedro all day and be a super happy individual"?

guess it'll be a spur of the moment call.

6. Beernerds

Beernerds Dec 7, 2011 Texas

#beernerdproblems

7. Heretic42

Heretic42 Aug 31, 2011 Texas
    Beer Trader

Why not both?

8. TimDisaster

TimDisaster Mar 31, 2013 Texas
    Beer Trader

The Bottle Share on 8/31 was one of the best times I have ever had drinking beer. So many friendly people and lots of great craft beer. I know it was my first major bottle share, but drinking with so many BA's is something I want to do more and more.

Cheers to everyone at the 8/31 bottle share and Jester King for being a great host and making great beer.

9. jbeezification

jbeezification Jun 6, 2012 Texas

I was there at 8/31 and everybody I saw at the bottle share (except for like 2 people) were huge fucking douchebags and I am glad I only had my pour of Atrial and Ol Oi. I also got a taste of Mash and Mash & Grind otherwise I am glad to have bought my bottles and the 2 or so ounces I had shared with me.

10. TTUJohn

TTUJohn Nov 13, 2012 Texas

Yeah I was in that same boat, but going to be doing stuff with family a lot of the day so my decision to just go for the JK beers was made for me in part. Still pumped for it. And that pizza too

11. Lutter

Lutter Jun 30, 2010 Texas

Sooooo.... the 2 people exceptions were my wife and I, I take it? :)

12. hash_tagger

hash_tagger Jan 18, 2013 Texas

No Problem man. Let me know if you need a ride before/after any of these events. Keep in mind that I work them so you'll get there early and or stay late.

nsheehan likes this.
  13. hash_tagger

Just empty out whatever is in your trunk.

UT-Alex likes this.
  14. awinkro

awinkro Oct 15, 2008 Texas
    Beer Trader

Currently working the late shift. Won't be out till 5am Saturday morning which means I won't be in Austin till around 1. No bottle share for me. Drink up fish heads.

15. Lutter

Oh, I'm sure someone will still be there at 1pm. LOL.

Thanks Icon Gold, BTW. Stuff is kickass.

16. awinkro

Beer Trader

Thank you, Lutter. Will you be there? I don't believe we've met yet. If we did, I forgot, most likely due to beer.

17. Lutter

Maybe... trending towards no. Depends on if I can convince my wife. It'll be the 3rd AR release day I've been to, lol. I was there tonight with Clonies720 & rainerschuhsler.

Lndsey was there too... I swear I see her more in Austin than anyone else... and she lives in Houston!

18. hash_tagger

THEY LIVE IN HOUSTON AND DRIVE TO AUSTIN TO TRADE BEER!

air likes this.
  19. Lutter

Oh teh horrors!

I'm always fine trading with Clonies720 though. He's a good dude.

hash_tagger likes this.
  20. air

air Mar 28, 2007 Texas

DUDES FROM THE INTERNET MINGLING WHAT IS THIS

rainerschuhsler likes this.
  21. DanzBorin

DanzBorin Apr 11, 2012 Texas

We are all fucking douchebags! ;)

22. jbeezification

jbeezification Jun 6, 2012 Texas

Good point, however I consider myself to be more of an asshole and not at all douchy.

23. Theortiz01

Theortiz01 Jun 7, 2013 Texas
    Beer Trader

Gonna try to make it today since I would like to meet most of yall as I am newer to the forums. If I do, I'll have some goodies with me, if not have fun and be safe!

24. videofrog

videofrog Nov 13, 2010 Texas
    Subscriber

Finally on my way to one of these. Bringing a couple of French crafts and a DH Dbl Crooked Tree. Should be a nice BW by now. I'll be in the black TCU shirt and jeans.

25. HookemHops13

HookemHops13 Mar 21, 2013 Texas

Its cool Im a douche, dick, and an asshole. I just like to cover all the bases.

26. UT-Alex

UT-Alex Sep 15, 2012 Texas

I'll be the guy drinking all the Atrial.

hash_tagger and TimDisaster like this.
  27. Ahaley

Ahaley Dec 24, 2009 Texas
    Beer Trader

Nice to see everyone and meet new folks. Hard to remember new faces and names during a bottle share, if you know what I mean. I was the big guy in the longhorn shirt who brought the Stillwater Premium, Brainless on Cherries, Orginal Black Metal, and the Saison Rue. If we talked, or not, feel free to hit me up. I'm also @ahaley on twitter.

Beernerds likes this.
  28. Chuk_Hell

Chuk_Hell Apr 12, 2012 Texas
    Beer Trader

Another great share. Thanks to everyone for bringing fantastic beers.Highlights for me were Buffalo Bayou Meer Koebel, Cigar City forgotten island, Trinty's Pappy Legba on cherries, 3F Pig Destroyer (wonderful hops), Alpine Hoppy Birthday, Surly Darkness, GI Juliet and all those damn Bruery beers, good lord!

A special mention to the Austin Zealots Cuvee de Tomme clone. That was outstanding.

Thanks again to all!

hash_tagger, HopAG and Beernerds like this.
  29. Beernerds

Beernerds Dec 7, 2011 Texas

Yep, that was a lot of fun. Thanks to all who contributed. Fun to see/meet so many of y'all. Here's to the next one.

30. UT-Alex

UT-Alex Sep 15, 2012 Texas

I showed up at 3:30pm and everyone had already called it quits? Oh well. I had some Atrial and was a happy camper.

31. HopAG

HopAG Sep 22, 2012 Texas
    Beer Trader

It was great seeing all of you guys there! Fantastic bottles popped today!

Man there were so many great beers that blew me away at that share!

Highlights were:
    Vapeur en Folie - Brewed in 1998
    La Petite Princesse
    Pappy Legba with Cherries
    Forgotten Island
    Juliet

and that damn Cuvee de Tomme Clone! MAN! It was great!

Cheers all around!

32. DanzBorin

DanzBorin Apr 11, 2012 Texas

The FFF beer you are talking about is called Permanent Funeral.

33. Chuk_Hell

Chuk_Hell Apr 12, 2012 Texas
    Beer Trader

Thanks. I figured that out. I just like the name "Pig Destroyer", though I've never heard the band.

OrificeBizarre likes this.
  34. hash_tagger

That clone is amazing! Still have yet to get on the Princesse and it's been up there three times in the last month. Can't wait to sample it. One day.

35. mattchow

mattchow Jun 24, 2012 Texas
    Beer Trader

passed by for a bit on saturday with a bit of a hangover. Friend got his bottles and we headed into Austin.

36. MattSweatshirt

MattSweatshirt Jun 29, 2011 Texas
    Beer Trader

Zwanze Day needs more bottles.

hash_tagger and r0nburgundy69 like this.
  37. r0nburgundy69

r0nburgundy69 Jan 27, 2012 Texas
    Beer Trader

I'm thinking of bringing a classic gueuze 750, I don't wanna get too drunk but I wouldn't mind toasting zwanze day with fellow BAs. It is mine and my wife's anniversary so I need to be alive for a date at night.

38. Lutter

I can assure you Classic Cantillon won't get you drunk. It's 5% ABV, iirc. ;)

39. r0nburgundy69

r0nburgundy69 Jan 27, 2012 Texas
    Beer Trader

Haha yes I have had quite a bit of it, I just mean I'd like to share a bottle or two, probably not stick around for the whole thing.

40. awinkro

Beer Trader

Incorrect. One of the stops on my honeymoon was Brussels. I succeeding in getting drunk on Loons. Most of it was cask Fou foune. Needless to say, I had the Sour Butt the following day.

• About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Return of the Belgian Beer Fest

BeerAdvocate Brings its All-Belgian Fest to Portland, Maine on September 17, 2016. Tickets are on sale now.

Learn More
  • Get the Mag

Become a BeerAdvocate magazine print subscriber today.

Subscribe