Jester King Bottle Shares - 8/31, 9/7, 9/14

Discussion in 'Southwest' started by nsheehan, Aug 21, 2013.

1. Lutter

Lutter Jun 30, 2010 Texas

LOL. I meant the 1 bottle.

2. hash_tagger

hash_tagger Jan 18, 2013 Texas

I'll throw in but I'm not sure what yet. I'll know better as we get closer to Friday.

3. bentwookie

bentwookie Jan 13, 2008 Texas

Added some bottles to the spreadsheet. Not set in stone, may add more or swap some out depending what shows up on my doorstep today. Need to dig around and try to find a large format gueuze to bring.

4. UT-Alex

UT-Alex Sep 15, 2012 Texas

I'll add later but I'll probably bring a bottle of Cantillon, a bottle of Fantome and a 32oz growler of CCB Café Americana.

5. electrohead

electrohead Sep 10, 2013 Texas

I saw the aftermath of the Atrial Rubicite bottle share and decided I want to participate in one of these. What time is this tomorrow and is there a minimum of what one should bring? etc etc obviously new

6. UT-Alex

11am and just bring what you want/can. If you have no beer, we would love some Stanley's Pizza. :) Also it's common to bring your own tasting glass.

I have a bunch of glassware that I don't really want anymore, mostly stuff that aren't snifters/tulips. So if anyone wants some free glassware I'll probably have a box sitting at the end of a table.

Theortiz01 and nsheehan like this.
  7. Theortiz01

Theortiz01 Jun 7, 2013 Texas
    Beer Trader

Looks like I'll be able to make it back out there finally. Look forward to meeting y'all! Just updated the spreadsheet.
    Cheers!

nsheehan likes this.
  8. nsheehan

nsheehan Jul 3, 2011 Texas
    Beer Trader

20 minutes in, #bottleshareofone

Lol. JK staff finishing prep.
    I'm early because cuz two awesome BAs gave me a ride again!

Daemose likes this.
  9. Daemose

Daemose Oct 3, 2011 Texas
    Beer Trader

My fiance and I will be there at noon. But I won't be participating in the bottle share, I didn't bring anything. I'll just grab my glass and taste and go probably.

10. Lutter

Getting in mah car now.

11. nsheehan

Beer Trader

Check the spreadsheet

12. TxUltraRunner

TxUltraRunner Aug 16, 2012 Texas
    Beer Trader

nsheehan, you didn't have to do that...i applaud your generosity

13. nsheehan

Beer Trader

Had to downgrade someone from 2 to 1.,otherwise tried to help everyone a bit.
    Will probably use proxies to distro glasses.

14. starkmarvelo

starkmarvelo Jan 20, 2010 Texas
    Beer Trader

Your an awesome BA! What do the official Zwanze glasses look like?

15. wsnich

wsnich Apr 26, 2010 Texas

You sir, are a gentleman and a scholar. Send me a bm and we'll work something out.

16. Nablock

Nablock Aug 17, 2013 Texas
    Beer Trader

Thank you so much! Shoot me a message when you get back and we'll work out the details.

17. mindswoop

mindswoop Dec 22, 2011 Texas

Thanks a ton! BM me and we will arrange the pickup. Enjoy the rest of the day out there!

18. DanzBorin

DanzBorin Apr 11, 2012 Texas

Added my name to the glass tab. Was on a plane earlier and couldnt add.

19. nsheehan

Beer Trader

Hi, can't photo from my phone. The cantillon glass is pretty cool, came in 4 or 6 oz and I grabbed 6 oz. Not super special but the twi glases look great together.
    I can whore some more if its not sold out. Check google in a few minute.
    Remember sharing is Caring.

DanzBorin likes this.
  20. Nablock

Beer Trader

Didn't realize the Cantillon glass was 6 oz. that would be perfect for bottle shares. I'm going to update the google spreadsheet to ask for one of those as well, if someone could grab me one.

21. nsheehan

Beer Trader

Can probably cover you, I Houston hoarded glasses for fellow BAs. Bm me please, will have to get proxies or do boxes.

Nablock likes this.
  22. Nablock

Beer Trader

Thanks! Sent you a message.

23. DanzBorin

DanzBorin Apr 11, 2012 Texas

Message sent as well. :)

24. Daemose

Beer Trader

I had a great time and it was nice meeting you all that I had not met before. I'm sorry I didn't have anything to contribute to the share. I didn't know the tapping was at 2 and didn't originally plan on staying past buying merch and tasting my Zwanze sample. Next time I'll try to make up for it!

25. UT-Alex

[​IMG]

This is one of them. They had a 4 and 6 oz. Same on glass design. The only difference was that the 6oz flared out just a bit. The JK official one was way better IMO.

26. Daemose

Beer Trader

I agree, good seeing you two!

UT-Alex likes this.
  27. UT-Alex

[​IMG]

This is the 4oz one that is wider.

28. nsheehan

Beer Trader

Respost:
    Just typed up my thoughts on the event so I can re-visit such a fantastic day! If anyone wants to read my thoughts, it's 1300 words of awesome. I was going to post stuff here, but the only things that needs to be said are:
    1. JK is awesome as always
    2. BAs and other beer lovers are awesome
    3. two BAs in particular are awesome to drive me there and back and are getting f'ed in the face w/ beer (we'll see what I can do).
    I will get back to people I tried helping out tmrw, bed time now; I was out there for almost 11 hours, and had a great time! Also, I'll try to get pictures up tomorrow.

29. Lutter

All I know is I feel bad for anyone that didn't win the Zwanze lotto and didn't come as a result. I didn't win, but I ended up getting at least 2 glasses of the beer from random people willing to share (or who got multiple glasses). Nice event all around... great job on merch as usual (including both official Cantillon & Jester King versions of both glasses and shirts), a fantastic bottle share, and as usual a nicely organized event.

Next year, hopefully Texas will allow us to PAY for some Cantillon so there can be multiple special taps. Shut up and take my money!

nsheehan and Daemose like this.
  30. UT-Alex

I had a blast. I didn't go crazy this time trying to taste every bottle and actually enjoyed the slower pace I took this time. Thanks for sharing all the bottles everyone! Also thanks to everyone who took my free glassware. I know I missed a ton of bottles all of the growlers but here's some pics I took towards the end:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Not pictured were any of my bottles: Cantillon Iris (2011), Fantome Printemps, and CCB Cafe Americana - which was probably my favorite followed by Oude Tart w/Cherries.

xpimptastikx, air and nsheehan like this.
  31. UT-Alex

Also, a 32oz growler from Growler's in Houston went missing that belongs to Lindsey. If anyone accidentally went home without let one of us know so we can arrange to get it back.

32. Daemose

Beer Trader

If anyone from Houston is going today (sunday) and wants to grab me one extra glass, I grabbed one too few for the people I promised. if not, no biggie. Posted in Spreadsheet.

33. electrohead

electrohead Sep 10, 2013 Texas

Awesome bottle share looking forward to future events.

34. nsheehan

Beer Trader

35. mindswoop

mindswoop Dec 22, 2011 Texas

How was the Wild Bear? I have one left.

36. Lutter

Horrible, IMHO. Really has fallen off the deep end of the last 2 times I've had it (twice in the last 2 months in bottle) compared to a year ago. Oxidized and buttery.

37. UT-Alex

I guess I don't mind diacetyl.

38. bentwookie

bentwookie Jan 13, 2008 Texas

It was also flat. Wax didn't seem to help much.

• About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Return of the Belgian Beer Fest

BeerAdvocate Brings its All-Belgian Fest to Portland, Maine on September 17, 2016. Tickets are on sale now.

Learn More
  • Get the Mag

Become a BeerAdvocate magazine print subscriber today.

Subscribe