Dismiss Notice
Extreme Beer Fest:Los Angeles

Join us December 9th in Los Angeles for the ultimate throwdown of craft beer creativity!

Learn more...
Dismiss Notice
Introducing: Project Extreme Brewing (a Dogfish Head + BeerAdvocate project)

British Columbia Just Announced: BC Liquor Laws Get Overhauled

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Rutager, Feb 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rutager

Rutager Poo-Bah (2,188) Oct 18, 2010 British Columbia (Canada)
    Beer Trader

2. Sammy

Sammy Poo-Bah (11,882) Dec 1, 2003 Ontario (Canada)
    Beer Trader

how about some highlights?

3. Rutager

Beer Trader

These are the big points, as far as beer and brewpubs are concerned:
    • Brewers and distillers now can apply to have an on-site consumption area such as a lounge, tasting room or event area.
    • Small- and medium-sized liquor manufacturers will be allowed up to three common ownership and business relationships with licensed establishments located off their manufacturing site.
    So for example a brewery operating in a rough part of Surrey or inconvenient East Van, could open a satellite brewpub in Port Moody. Also, if a brewery started up in Port Moody they could open a lounge or tasting room for the enjoyment of those that live there. With these new laws, the possibilities for some decent beer establishments in the city of Port Moody (and I guess the rest of BC) are endless!!

TheSevenDuffs and 604growler like this.
  4. Sammy

Beer Trader

Well there is some progress. Good thing BC is near Alberta, right?

5. Rutager

Beer Trader

And even better that we're far from Ontario! :wink:

6. Sammy

Beer Trader

People tell me the walk would do me good!

7. Rutager

Beer Trader

Come out anytime for another tour. I'll even drive so you can rest your legs after the walk! :sunglasses:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Founded in Boston in 1996, BeerAdvocate (BA) is your go-to resource for beer powered by an independent community of enthusiasts and professionals dedicated to supporting and promoting better beer.

Learn More
  • Our Community

Comprised of consumers and industry professionals, many of whom started as members of this site, our community is one of the oldest, largest, and most respected beer communities online.
  • Our Events

Since 2003 we've hosted over 60 world-class beer festivals to bring awareness to independent brewers and educate attendees.
  • Our Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.