Welcome to BeerAdvocate!

Looking to talk, rate or trade beer? Join today by creating your free account.

Dismiss Notice
Curious about recent updates to the site and app? Check the Announcements forum for updates.
Dismiss Notice
Love Belgian Beer?

Join us Sep 17 in Portland, Maine for Return of the Belgian Beer Fest, featuring hundreds of authentic Belgian beers and Belgian-inspired offerings.

Tickets + more: beeradvocate.com/belgian

Just fell in love with a one and done.

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by SawDog505, Jan 2, 2013.

1. pitweasel

Troegs Scratch #4x (41? 42?)

I decided to go visit the brewery shortly after moving to the area, and checked the website the night before. I'd never looked into it, so the Scratch Series was new to me. I saw that they had an IPA on, and decided to give it a try.

Got to the brewery, and without looking at any menus, asked to try the scratch beer. Didn't look or taste anything like an IPA, but I decided to buy a six pack because I enjoyed it. Only after finishing my first bottle the next day did I realize how good it was...and only then did I realize that it was their most popular release to date, having just gone on sale the morning I visited and selling out in hours. Phooey.

2. proseberry

I thought GI Night Stalker was mentioned to be a one off, so I bought 4 cases in 2010. Then it pops up again and again. Fine with me. The '10 is killer smooth!

cestlavie likes this.
  3. MenardMa

Beer Trader

Just take up brewing, and spend the rest of your life chasing the recreation this new love of yours.

It'll be like that episode of Pete and Pete where little Pete is chasing his "favorite" song but nobody knows what it is, so he starts a band to try to replicate it.

4. Eamonn-Cummings3

Beer Trader

It is a new seasonal, I think it will be around again.

I had Brewdogs Bitch Please. A collaboration between Brewdog and #Floyds I so wish I had bought many many bottles of this one.

5. cestlavie

Yup! I saw the 6 packs yesterday.. they look pretty cool. A lil more pep to em than regular Smutty 6ers.

6. fishmich

Beer Trader

Bells This One Goes To 11
    Kuhnhenn Blueberry Play in the Hay

7. beardown2489

Beer Trader

This thread is for captain obvious.

I've got a neat one. Spiteful Brewings 10-9 Bike Appreciation DIPA. Dorodo and Citra. Unreal beer

8. joelwlcx

Founders Nemesis

jcos and SawDog505 like this.
  9. ricecracker420

Ken Schmidt/Maui/Stone Collaboration Kona Coffee macadamia coconut porter is mine. Had the chance to try the homebrew version that Ken Schmidt had made (my ex GF's aunt's boyfriend incidentally so I burnt that bridge lol). I would do almost anything to get some more of that

10. BergBeer

Beer Trader

Man Baby - Pizza port (OB) I barely knew thee.... they changed Head Brewers and the old one took the recipe with him.

Also the Picture for it as a man holding a baby with there heads switched. So you didn't know if it meant a Man baby for a baby man.

Great IPA AND a great pun! Oh how i miss it.

dianimal likes this.
  11. jcos

Get some Alpine from Craftshack's website. It's super tasty if you haven't had it. Even better than this one you miss.

12. TequilaSauer

Funky Buddha/Cigar City collab Snack Attack

A chocolate covered peanuts themed beer with elements of sea salt, caramel, and licorice. The ratings do it no justice. It was a little hot on the back end, but had one of the top 3 best noses of any beer ever and was incredibly rich. Fantastic beer.

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/17981/82057/

13. trojanshawn

Bruery Fruet. In my opinion, its the best anniversary batch they've made.

14. Handle

Weyerbacher 15. It's a smoked imperial stout that they brewed three years ago, and yet somehow I'll still come across the occasional four-packs in less-trafficked bottle shops. I buy them out when I do.

It will be a sad day when I have my last one.

15. orangestorm87

Since I just began drinking craft beer last spring, the only beer that comes to mind is Lakefront's 25th Anniversary Stout. Only have two left, and looking forward to opening one, one year from when I purchased it. April 19th

16. EyePeeAyBryan

Beer Trader

According to a NB post by one of their reps on our local FB page, this will be back in December.

• About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Return of the Belgian Beer Fest

BeerAdvocate Brings its All-Belgian Fest to Portland, Maine on September 17, 2016. Tickets are on sale now.

Learn More
  • Get the Mag

Become a BeerAdvocate magazine print subscriber today.

Subscribe