Dismiss Notice
Curious about recent updates to the site and app? Check the Announcements forum for updates.
Dismiss Notice
Love Belgian Beer?

Join us Sep 17 in Portland, Maine for Return of the Belgian Beer Fest, featuring hundreds of authentic Belgian beers and Belgian-inspired offerings.

Tickets + more: beeradvocate.com/belgian

Just finished my first Jai Alai...

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by tectactoe, Feb 8, 2013.

1. dachshunddude86

CCB hasn't had infection issues for a while now. Even when they did it was only a few batches (the infected guava grove is still sought after)

2. krl2112

Beer Trader

Man I love all of CCBs various stouts (BA imperial sweet, Huna, moat water), but I guess I just am not a fan of hoppy beers. Had one of these last week as an extra and I just could not finish it. Just not my cup of tea.

3. victory4me

Only a few batches? I had six consecutive (different) beers from CC that were badly infected God's honest truth... Six different beers, with witnesses.

4. dachshunddude86

The only infected beer I ever got was sea bass, and that was years ago

Finatic likes this.
  5. Finatic

Ditto the rarity. I know they had some issues a few years back, but I have not seen or heard of any infections within the past 12-18 months.

dachshunddude86 likes this.
  6. LuisQ

Beer Trader

Have a good amount of jai alai and white oak jai alai sitting around if anyone want's to work something out. just BM me and I'll be more than willing to help a fellow BA out. ;)

7. GrizzWranglin

Oh, no, that's what happened to me, though. I had an old bottle, I'm assuming, and thought it was well below average and thought everybody was crazy. But later on I got some really fresh Sculpin and it was heavy duty hitting the spot. What is tl;dr?

fmccormi likes this.
  8. fmccormi

Beer Trader

"too long; didn't read"

Just a way of summing up a longer post, in case a reader's not particularly inclined to read the whole thing. I've been told I write too much sometimes :)

9. GrizzWranglin

Oh, gotcha. Na, I need to brush up on my reading skills anyway. They are waning.

fmccormi likes this.
  10. Kadonny

Beer Trader

Last time I had it I thought it was average to good, but far from fantastic. Time to try it again (if we ever see fresh stuff here in PA).

11. cityofFestivals

We do. The case I bought last week at Exton Beverage was canned on 12/27 and it was excellent.

Kadonny likes this.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Return of the Belgian Beer Fest

BeerAdvocate Brings its All-Belgian Fest to Portland, Maine on September 17, 2016. Tickets are on sale now.

Learn More
  • Get the Mag

Become a BeerAdvocate magazine print subscriber today.

Subscribe