Dismiss Notice
We're celebrating 10 years of BeerAdvocate magazine with $10 print subscriptions for US residents.

Subscribe now!

Just had my first Founder's Imperial Stout....

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by tectactoe, Jan 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PetieP

PetieP Apr 27, 2011 Pennsylvania
    Beer Trader

Got to try one last night. Easy to drink, smooth unabrasive mouthfeel, soft yet pronounced flavors. Such a good beer. Im going back for the rest of them today.

2. CORKSCREWFISH

CORKSCREWFISH Apr 22, 2011 Illinois

No way bro. KBS is watery compared to FIS!

3. SirWalkAbout

SirWalkAbout Dec 6, 2011 Texas
    Beer Trader

IMO, wayyyy better than breakfast stout. Had a nice complex smokey taste which I liked, and didn't seem watery like breakfast stout did to me.

4. dsal89

dsal89 Jul 6, 2008 Indiana

It is incredibly good. Last night when i had it fresh for the first time (review here :)) but i actually enjoyed it more with some age on it. I had last years batch in October and it was crazy amazing. Def get a few bottles to sit on as well

5. dsal89

dsal89 Jul 6, 2008 Indiana

Agreed on the smoke. I got a bit of that too and it was very nice!

It made me want a Surly Smoke though lol

6. smonice

smonice Aug 10, 2012 New Jersey

I also had my first FIS last night and also was blown away. This time the hype held up!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Extreme Beer FestĀ® Cometh

February 3-4, 2017. Boston, Mass. Limited tickets available. Prepare for epicness.

Learn More
  • 10 Years of BeerAdvocate Magazine

We're celebrating 10 years of BA mag with $10 print subscriptions for US residents!

Subscribe