Kane Brewing...

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by JaymoNJ, Mar 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xnicknj

xnicknj May 25, 2009 Pennsylvania

There's plenty of free parking in Asbury, only problem is your car might not be there when you come back to retrieve it. ;)

Hessian257 likes this.
  2. Flashy

Flashy Oct 22, 2003 Vermont

I like the Brickwall very much and love taking the kids around Asbury- which consists of the boardwalk/ beach area and the downtown and that's it for me- I grew up and worked in a tough town, but Asbury can figure out it's problems on their own and I hope they do.

3. dmac621

dmac621 Nov 26, 2008 New Jersey
    Beer Trader

Spirits Unlimited on Newman Springs Rd in Red Bank is far superior to the Wegmans that was suggested. Depending on the route you take it's an easy stop between Carton and Kane.

schteve likes this.
  4. jkane101

jkane101 Sep 22, 2007 New Jersey
    Beer Trader

Mine lasted exactly 9 days. It was a huge hit on football Sunday!

ripps1 and Flashy like this.
  5. Ysgard

Ysgard Mar 5, 2008 Virginia

Do they use the plastic Pony Kegs or the Stainless? Can you bring a keg instead of paying deposit?

6. ripps1

ripps1 Aug 28, 2012 New Jersey

The deposit is $30 cash only. They only exchange for their own kegs. They use the plastic kegs. The connection on the keg is the standard D system coupler.

7. Flashy

Stopped by this weekend and I really love this place and love this place more each time. Great beer, great people- loved Mysterioso and they prices are right (hope they stay that way).

8. xnicknj

ufmj and ripps1 like this.
  9. gregkoko

gregkoko Mar 12, 2010 New York
    Beer Trader

OddNotion likes this.
  10. Hessian257

Hessian257 Mar 22, 2011 New Jersey
    Beer Trader

Holy hell look at this tap list for their 2nd anniversary on Sept 21

1. Seven Hundred Thirty - 2nd anniversary ale
    2. Three Hundred Sixty-Five - 1st anniversary ale
    3. Barrel Aged 365 - 1st anniversary ale aged 1 year in barrels
    4. A Night to End All Dawns - imperial dark ale aged in barrels
    5. A Night to End All Dawns COFFEE - with rook coffee roasters
    6. Apiary - Farmhouse Saison w/ local wildflower honey
    7. Apiary Brett - secondary fermentation w/ brettanomyces
    8. Barrel Aged Overhead - IIPA aged in bourbon barrels
    9. Barrel Aged Solitude - previously poured only at SAVOR: An American Craft Beer & Food Experience, our Belgian Dark Strong aged in bourbon barrels
    10. Double Dry Hopped Head High - with Citra
    11. Double Dry Hopped Ripple - with Nelson Sauvin
    12. Malus Vintage 2012 - belgian dark strong with local apple cider
    13. Mosaic Overhead - IIPA double dry hopped with Mosaic
    14. Silent Nights Vintage 2011 - Imperial Stout
    15. Silent Nights Vintage 2012 - Imperial Stout
    16. Sour Blonde - tart Belgian-style ale aged in oak dry hopped with East Kent Goldings
    17. Sea Change - 100% Brettanomyces fermented American pale ale dry hopped with Citra and Mosaic

11. jayneo74

jayneo74 May 14, 2013 New Jersey

Just read this on Facebook. I have plans that day but may need to see if I can reschedule. This taplist is incredible.

12. Hessian257

Beer Trader

Yeah its awesome, gonna be super packed though. At least it won't feel like a sweatshop in there like at their last event (Wolf Among the Seas)

SadMachine and MLeicht like this.
  13. mikeburd1128

mikeburd1128 Oct 28, 2011 New Jersey

When was this event announced? Just today? This is the first I'm hearing of it and really wish I would've heard of it sooner...

14. Hessian257

Beer Trader

They announced it 8/28, but just put out the tap list today.

15. BeerFan

BeerFan Feb 11, 2003 New Jersey
    Beer Trader

I read about it over two weeks ago on the FB page. Taplist was only released today.

16. gregkoko

gregkoko Mar 12, 2010 New York
    Beer Trader

Sadly I have the Rutgers-Arkansas game that day. Wish I could've made it. Taplist is stellar. Had the Coffee ANTEAD on cask at Barcade for their first anniversary last year. Really want to try that Sour Blonde. Kane is the one thing I miss most about NJ beer vs Brooklyn beer.

17. Flashy

And High Point.

ufmj and jkane101 like this.
  18. OddNotion

OddNotion Nov 1, 2009 New Jersey
    Beer Trader

Insane tap list there. I wont be able to make it which I am not happy about. Barrel Aged Solitude was amazing.

19. jkane101

jkane101 Sep 22, 2007 New Jersey
    Beer Trader

Looking forward to Oktoberfest tomorrow

ufmj likes this.
  20. Pineypower27

Pineypower27 May 6, 2008 New Jersey
    Beer Trader

Hopefully the hipster population will be low. Maybe there is a vintage shirt sale or women's jeans sale that day to keep their numbers down.

ufmj, jrnyc and dazedandconfused like this.
  21. Chroma914

Chroma914 Oct 13, 2006 Pennsylvania

So how does this work? Will they be selling pints that day, or is that list strictly growler fills and samples?

22. Givemebeer

Givemebeer Apr 6, 2013 Vermont

Going to Kane for the first time today. Had many of their beers already but need to cross this off my bucket list.:)

Flashy and jkane101 like this.
  23. dmac621

Beer Trader

Normally it will be taster size pours, 4oz, and glasses which can range from 8-12oz depending on ABV usually. They also offer a flight of 4 4oz pours of 4 different beers for a set price. The flight is the best bang for your buck 99% of the time.

Highly doubt they will do growlers unless they have a lot of something.

24. Chroma914

Chroma914 Oct 13, 2006 Pennsylvania

Will they have food trucks or anything as well?

25. dmac621

Beer Trader

No food, well at least there has never been one yet but there's a first time for everything.

26. swetsastonic

swetsastonic Mar 22, 2012 New Jersey

I'd say so, yes.

27. axeman9182

axeman9182 Aug 5, 2009 New Jersey
    Beer Trader

saw that taplist for the 21st and reworked my plans so that I can be down there right at 12 and try some of those beers.

28. martin123012

martin123012 Aug 10, 2010 New Jersey

i plan on attending brother, let me know

axeman9182 likes this.
  29. rgilbert

rgilbert Jul 4, 2010 New Jersey
    Beer Trader

Hopefully we'll be stopping by for the event after our 100 mile bike ride for the Tour de Cure in Asbury Park.

ufmj likes this.
  30. Iamstryker

Iamstryker Aug 11, 2012 New Jersey
    Beer Trader

2 bottle releases as well for their 2 year anniversary:

730-Our Second Anniversary Ale is a Belgian-style dark ale blended with several barrel aged Belgian ale--among them bourbon barrel aged 365 our first anniversary beer. $16 a bottle

APIARY--A farmhouse Saison brewed with traditional grains like rye, spelt and oats and local wildflower honey from Monmouth and Ocean County, NJ. $12 a bottle

Bottles will be available starting at noon with no limit on the amount per person. We have 100+ cases of each bottle so they should be available at brewery for several weeks.

[​IMG]

ufmj and corby112 like this.
  31. digdug1810

digdug1810 Mar 1, 2011 New Jersey
    Beer Trader

Those bottles hitting the regular suspect bottle shops too?

corby112 likes this.
  32. bbpro47

bbpro47 Mar 8, 2011 New Jersey
    Beer Trader

yea bottles should be shipping out sometime next week

lostandwandering likes this.
  33. Iamstryker

Iamstryker Aug 11, 2012 New Jersey
    Beer Trader

Cool, was waiting for a reply on their facebook page. Really mad I can't get down there Sat, gotta ref too many soccer games, haha.

34. CassinoNorth

CassinoNorth Apr 5, 2013 New Jersey
    Beer Trader

Probably gonna get there around 3 Saturday. Hoping to try one or two of the one offs, get a growler of something (if they have fills at all) and then 2 of each of those.

35. BeerFan

BeerFan Feb 11, 2003 New Jersey
    Beer Trader

"Bottles will be available starting at noon with no limit on the amount per person".

So in case they sell out earlier than you expect, I don't want to hear any bitching that they should have done this or done that.

smonice likes this.
  36. xnicknj

There's over 100 cases of each, it should be fine. I really wish I could make it for that taplist, so many interesting beers on there.

lostandwandering likes this.
  37. martin123012

martin123012 Aug 10, 2010 New Jersey

what is the consensus on this one, with the bottle release, will people be lineing up to get in, similar to ba morning bell

or will it just be crowded similar to sea of the wolves

38. CassinoNorth

CassinoNorth Apr 5, 2013 New Jersey
    Beer Trader

Only crowded because of the crazy taplist. I don't think any lining up will occur (aside from a few early arrivals).

39. SPRichard

SPRichard Apr 26, 2008 New Jersey

100 cases of each and both will hit distro. I don't see a need to get there super early unless you want one of the special treatments on draft

40. Hessian257

Beer Trader

That's gonna be hard to judge. They don't have enough taps to have everything on at once so you will never really know whats going to be on tap at a given time, or whats going to be on tap first for that matter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Return of the Belgian Beer Fest

BeerAdvocate Brings its All-Belgian Fest to Portland, Maine on September 17, 2016. Tickets are on sale now.

Learn More
  • Get the Mag

Become a BeerAdvocate magazine print subscriber today.

Subscribe