KBBS is released December 15th, $100 for a 12oz bottle

Discussion in 'Midwest' started by BeerGlassesCollector, Oct 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. traction

traction Devotee (466) Dec 4, 2010 Georgia
    Trader

I enjoy staying hope and drinking good beer in my living room. Say what you will about TG and their prices but you can't really blame them for outrageous pasty stouts, milkshake IPAs, barrel aged everything, half ass breweries opening up ALL THE TIME to try and cash in. Buy what you enjoy and think is a good value and screw what anyone things. I personally can't fathom leaving the craft beer scene because of the questionable billing of a few breweries or some styles I don't like.

Didn't see this before I responded to your other post but way to turning this into a dicksizing match. Maybe be the change you want to see in the craft beer scene? Just a thought.

2. HarbaughsGrit

HarbaughsGrit Initiate (42) Sep 9, 2017 California

There’s been a GoFundMe page set-up to help a person’s travel from DC to Iowa for KBBS...

Is this a new low in beer? Worse than homeless mules? I think so.

3. Number1Framer

Number1Framer Initiate (141) Mar 13, 2016 Wisconsin
    Trader

My dad can beat up all your dads at once with one arm tied up.

4. Number1Framer

Trader

Link please. I have to see it with my own eyes.

5. HarbaughsGrit

6. eppie82

eppie82 Meyvn (1,428) Apr 19, 2015 Illinois
    Trader

7. Number1Framer

Trader

Well shit, next time I want something outrageous I know what route I'm taking. I'll just be sure to come up with a legit sob story like my dog died and only this beer will assuage my pangs of sadness.

FTFY

8. Raffish_Gent

Raffish_Gent Initiate (34) Dec 7, 2016 Minnesota

True, but he never taught you how to spell farmer correctly. Now people think you're a framing jedi @ Michael's Arts & Crafts. :wink:

ElmerLovejoy and Number1Framer like this.
  9. HarbaughsGrit

10. pmccallum86

pmccallum86 Initiate (0) Apr 7, 2009 Minnesota

Was the fundraiser Alexandra Ocasio-Cortez?

11. dbhammel

dbhammel Initiate (71) Oct 24, 2016 Minnesota

I bet I could throw this football over that dang mountain.

12. cl3

cl3 Disciple (328) Aug 16, 2013 Wisconsin
    Trader

As a Yooper, I totally endorse this idea. But you guys have to put gravy on them, not ketchup.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#332 cl3, Nov 19, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2018
  13. Sabtos

Sabtos Poo-Bah (8,540) Dec 15, 2015 Ohio
    Society Trader

Now for the pronunciation war.

Thrillhouse82 likes this.
  14. cl3

cl3 Disciple (328) Aug 16, 2013 Wisconsin
    Trader

/ˈpastē/ or gtfo!

Beer_Economicus and Sabtos like this.
  15. Ace99890

Ace99890 Aspirant (220) Dec 3, 2013 Illinois
    Trader

Back in '82, I could throw a pigakin a 1/4 mile....If coach put me in in the 4th quarter, we would been state champions...no doubt...no doubt in my mind

Bruno415 and Number1Framer like this.
  16. jp_4

jp_4 Initiate (0) Jan 3, 2017 New Jersey

Weird they wouldn't allow a guest in line who would then spend money in their taproom...I'll be sitting a while then, my one friend got session 1 and the other session 2, I am the only one of us who struck out on session 3, haha. Guess I'm headed to pulpit rock!

Ace99890 likes this.
  17. Gginger2307

Gginger2307 Initiate (29) Aug 9, 2017 Iowa

I mean... they had to literally include a “no bottling devices” rule for mdb5, are you really surprised they’d rather just keep the release slots simple to get $100 12 ouncers into the hand of buyers? And seeing as you are coming from NJ with no ticket, are you really not gonna spend any money when the taproom opens to the public?

Not trying to be mean, but if there is one thing TG deserves an iota of credit for, its making releases as cut and dry as possible.

Also, there’s been lots of jokes poking fun at those who point out pulpit as a good spot... I’ll personally say I think you are less likely to be disappointed by pulpit rock than TG. It isn’t much of a meme anymore that pulpit puts out brews that are on par, if not better, than TG... and they absolutely demolish TG when it comes to the variety department. How they remain underrated to anyone is beyond me.

18. Nuts4Barrel-aged

Nuts4Barrel-aged Initiate (100) Dec 14, 2016 Minnesota
    Trader

I have been to pulpit a few different times and really enjoyed. They make consistent high quality beer.

Kegger37 and Gginger2307 like this.
  19. Ace99890

Ace99890 Aspirant (220) Dec 3, 2013 Illinois
    Trader

Pulpit Rock is amazing.

20. celfan

celfan Initiate (0) Jul 4, 2004 Vermont

I've had a lot of great beers, but the KBBS I had about five years ago remains the best beer I've ever had. Sadly, it was the last one too.

mig100 likes this.
  21. Boldbrew

Boldbrew Initiate (0) Jun 26, 2017 Minnesota

Haven't had a beer since?

22. Chuckdiesel24

Chuckdiesel24 Meyvn (1,366) Jul 6, 2016 Illinois
    Trader

Why have another once you’ve reached the pinnacle? :grin:

mig100 and Boldbrew like this.
  23. mig100

mig100 Meyvn (1,279) Aug 3, 2014 Texas
    Trader

Any shares happening? Most likely flying solo, need to make the trip fully worthwhile ; )

24. RRtransvestification

RRtransvestification Initiate (0) Dec 21, 2012 New York

So which is better in your opinion, KBBS or SR71?

25. BeerGuy8315

BeerGuy8315 Initiate (0) Apr 29, 2016 Iowa

Can provide input for $200 or 1 Clark Buck (Clark Bucks confer a debt of $200 to be paid to TG by the holder. Clark Bucks are non-transferable and are not redeemable for Schrute Bucks or Stanley Nickels). Also, if you choose the cash route the $200 will be requested from you via email after the fact in addition to the cost you have already paid for me to consume said beers to provide you with my opinion.

26. Number1Framer

Trader

So can a Clark Buck buy 2 bottles of KBBS or do they break it into a 1/2 Clark Buck token when you pay for your 1 bottle allotment? Also how many VR Units (VRU) are in a ClarkBuck and how many cans of Treehouse does that equal?

27. BeerGuy8315

BeerGuy8315 Initiate (0) Apr 29, 2016 Iowa

Actually, Clark Bucks cannot be used to purchase allotments and are issued post payment to the purchaser adding an additional $200 to the purchase cost to be paid to TG
    by the holder. Given that a VRU is roughly equivalent to $200, I’d say a Clark Buck is roughly -1 VRU, but factoring in for TG max profiteering I’d make it -1.5 VRU’s (~-$300) due to the inconvenience of tender conversion. Treehouse cans are a failing currency, so I’d say $500 worth, again to be delivered to TG employees not to the holder of said Clark Buck.

Vitacca and Number1Framer like this.
  28. Number1Framer

Trader

I wasn't aware of the Treehouse hyperinflation. Can't even crumple them up and use the cans to light a bum fire to cook!

29. gibson584

gibson584 Initiate (114) Dec 11, 2010 Kentucky
    Trader

No change given on redemption of Clark Bucks

30. RRtransvestification

RRtransvestification Initiate (0) Dec 21, 2012 New York

So I can't get an answer in this one?

31. nmoe

nmoe Initiate (119) Dec 18, 2015 Minnesota
    Trader

It depends on what you prefer, non-adjunct BA Stout or a Maple, Coffee, BA Stout. Both are at the top of their class.

32. WIexile

WIexile Initiate (76) Jul 20, 2017 Michigan
    Trader

SR71 IMO

hunttj likes this.
  33. KevinJohnson2

KevinJohnson2 Devotee (464) Jul 8, 2013 Michigan
    Society Trader

What’s the ratio of Stanley Nichels to Schrute Bucks?

joshhal2730 likes this.
  34. KarlHungus

KarlHungus Initiate (0) Feb 19, 2005 Minnesota

I think people here need to realize that although no beer is worth this much a lot of losers consider the ability to brag about possessing a rare glass bottle to be worth the price. Toppling Goliath will have no problem finding 1000 such losers.

JMN44 and ECOBOOSTINST like this.
  35. pmccallum86

pmccallum86 Initiate (0) Apr 7, 2009 Minnesota

You obviously don't have one :stuck_out_tongue:

36. Vitamin_Hop

Vitamin_Hop Initiate (139) Mar 26, 2015 Illinois
    Trader

37. Gginger2307

Gginger2307 Initiate (29) Aug 9, 2017 Iowa

The thoughtful part of me is relieved for those folks coming from all over without a ticket (still think this is a recipe for massive disappointment if the draft options are what they usually are).

The greedy part of me hopes TG puts some monsters on tap to draw the herd away from other events that may or may not be transpiring.

38. DrewskiWhit

DrewskiWhit Initiate (0) Mar 22, 2013 Indiana

Any chance they surprise us with some whalezbrahish taps?

39. Some-Prefer-Hops

Some-Prefer-Hops Initiate (0) Sep 3, 2014 Oklahoma
    Deactivated

Quite surprised that not many folks have commented on the OP's comparison. That about says it all. A basket of goodness from Cantillon for less than this beer. I don't think we even need to debate economies of scale, "scarcity value," savvy marketing (or suckers falling for it), or the like to realize just how absurd the price of this 12-oz bottle is. (Don't even start with the wine debate.)

40. hunttj

hunttj Initiate (0) Jan 14, 2015 Iowa

I'm sure they'll have some tasty Term-Oil variants at least.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.