KBS in Atlanta area

Discussion in 'US - South' started by GameFreac, Apr 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GameFreac

GameFreac (0) Apr 8, 2011 Georgia

If anyone hears anything tomorrow, post it here.

Terrapin8 likes this.
  2. jumboj11

jumboj11 (0) May 24, 2009 Georgia

Is tomorrow the ETA?

3. FATC1TY

FATC1TY (0) Feb 12, 2012 Georgia

Probably later in the week if I had to guess. If not tomorrow, Thursday at most places.

I was told it was under 50 cases for the area ( but could be state ), total.

I'd just like to get atleast 2 bottles this year, but doubt it, since I have a day job.

4. LilBilly666

LilBilly666 (0) Jul 24, 2012 Georgia

Should be Wednesday/Thursday for most places. I heard there was an increase this year in Georgia's allotment, but who knows.

5. michaeljstraub

michaeljstraub (0) Oct 6, 2012 Georgia

Greens is claiming to possibly have them in tomorrow around 4pm. Then again, all this April Fool's nonsense is starting to mess with my perception of reality. I think most places get distribution on Wednesday/Thursday.

Let the hunt begin!

6. GameFreac

Of course, I'm back in Tennessee now so I have to rely on some friends to possibly try to get me a bottle. Oh well.

7. jumboj11

Not a bottle alert, but The Porter is tapping a keg tonight @ 6 PM with all proceeds going to Animal Action Rescue.

8. GameFreac

Was just gonna post that.

Hop City is getting it tomorrow at 4pm. One bottle limit.

9. GameFreac

Correction: One 4-pack limit.

10. michaeljstraub

I'm hoping that's the case for Total Wine. Heard from them this evening that is was one bottle. Then again, no one there seems to know what they are talking about.

11. GameFreac

Yeah true. I called and they said Thursday around noon. Not sure if it was a 4 pack or 1 bottle. Honestly, I kinda like the 1-2 bottle limits because more people get it.

12. michaeljstraub

1 bottle per person at total wine selling in 15 minutes

13. gdodd12

gdodd12 (0) Oct 1, 2009 Georgia

2 bottles per person at Crabapple. I think it is gone already. It sure doesn't seem like we got more than last year. Crabapple only got on case this year, but I think they got 2 last year.

14. GameFreac

Which Total Wine?

15. GameFreac

Both Greens locations are selling it at 4pm - 2 bottle limit

Why do all my friends live in Kennesaw or Cartersville? Damn.

16. michaeljstraub

Shit I always forget there are more. I work by the Atlanta perimeter one

17. GameFreac

Ok. The one in Kennesaw is selling it Thursday so I'm gonna try to get a friend to get me some. Maybe.

18. jumboj11

Hop City is already out. They received 5 cases, gave out 30 numbers to the first 30 people who showed up. They were all spoken for at 3:30, so they went ahead and sold them. Already got my 4-pack and am back at the office!

19. GameFreac

That's bullshit they sold it early. I understand selling out but they said 4pm on Facebook and Twitter.

20. jumboj11

Meh. People had lined up early, received their numbers and were waiting. If everyone's there (which they were) why make people wait another twenty minutes simply to ring a transaction? They told the people who showed up after numbers were out that they wouldn't be receiving KBS, which allowed them to try and get to Green's or another store. Shit, if I was in that boat I'd just be happy to not have to wait another 20 minutes to find out I was out of luck (regardless of whether or not I got any at another store).

21. GameFreac

Because people knew it was 4 and what if they drove there from far away to get it and found out it sold out 30 minutes ago. It's stupid.

22. jumboj11

Whether it was sold at 3:30, or 4, anyone driving from out of town would have been out of luck either way... so again, why make people wait around? Anyone who thought they'd be showing up at 4 for KBS and getting some was fooling themselves.

23. Terrapin8

Terrapin8 (0) Oct 27, 2008 Georgia

Hit some stores in Athens earlier today, others said there's would probably be Thursday.

JTDay likes this.
  24. ATLhophead

ATLhophead (0) Sep 9, 2009 Georgia

Yeah, me and a few friends drove down from OTP. We were there at 2pm. We MADE sure each of us got a 4-pack. :wink:

25. Mavajo

Mavajo (0) Feb 10, 2007 Georgia

This is ridiculous.

bradcochran1234 and MagicJeff like this.
  26. jumboj11

Right. I left work (thankfully I work right around the corner) at 3 knowing I should be fine and I was. BTW, I'm pretty sure I spoke with y'all at Hop City and we joked that the nice thing about it being spoken for and sold early was that we might be able to make it to Green's as well. Regardless of whether anyone was able to make it to both, at least the people showing up early but not getting a ticket had a shot to get over there.

Don't disagree. Thankfully I work in midtown and have a flexible enough schedule that I can make it out for most releases like this. Gotta admit that if my situation was different I don't think it'd be worth the effort to get some of the hyped up beers.

27. jriggins6

jriggins6 (0) May 18, 2011 Colorado

I know where you can get some... If you wanna take it from behind w/o the common courtesy of a reach around. Bullocks on Sandy Plains has some singles. 8 fucking dollars each. PRICE GOUGING!!!!!!!!

bradcochran1234 likes this.
  28. jumboj11

Ale Yeah Decatur just tweeted that they've got it in now. 2 bottles per.

29. jchoffman

jchoffman (0) Jan 28, 2012 Georgia

I know I bought 2 bottles there, was the 2nd person in there, waited about 45 minutes for the truck to get there this morning..

30. wrp

wrp (0) May 22, 2010 Georgia
    Trader

Lucky's in Woodstock had some as of twenty minutes ago. $7.99 per bottle, one bottle limit.

31. jchoffman

jchoffman (0) Jan 28, 2012 Georgia

Same price as Bullocks.. quite high... but they do because they can...

32. Mavajo

Gone already.

33. Mavajo

Tower is sold out as well -- both stores.

34. jumboj11

Did Tower actually announce when they were selling? Don't recall seeing an announcement from the Buckhead store, just a tweet that they were out.

Also, Sprayberry Bottle sent out their blast earlier this afternoon... not sure how long it'll last there.

35. Mavajo

Nope, no announcement. I'd been told there would be a 4-pack held for me, but went today and no dice. They've done that to me twice now. Once with CBS, and now with KBS. Now I certainly don't expect stores to do special favors for me, but if you say you're gonna hold something for me and you don't, that irritates me.

36. jriggins6

Gone at Sprayberry.. was a 2 bottle limit

37. jumboj11

agreed. and to the same point... if you can't/don't want to hold things for customers, just say so. I'd rather have someone be upfront with me than get my hopes up only to be disappointed.

38. ATLhophead

ATLhophead (0) Sep 9, 2009 Georgia

Ridiculous? I ended up getting my 4 pack. These are how these releases are. You have to put in the time. I did. :wink:

jumboj11 likes this.
  39. jriggins6

I did to and was LIED TO!!! Damn the man!

40. FATC1TY

FATC1TY (0) Feb 12, 2012 Georgia

The lies and attitudes this year from the local beer stores was atrocious.

Me and buddy drove into town around 3 or so, and before hand had planned to go different places to maximize our chances. HopCity made up some silly shit.. One call, it's good to go, come on over. The next was, it's good till 4pm when it's released, but there is a line, and 15 more spots.. Within minutes of a call, pulling into the parking lot, it's now officially gone.. Called them just to get a good laugh, and they tell me it's been gone since 2 with people in line. Sold it early.

Greens was the ONLY store that sold it at 4PM.

Tower told us they had 4-5 cases, 4 pack a person. But had a "helluva line" and not much chance.

Next call minutes later.."Oh, well we have 10 bottles only, and 7 people in line. You won't get any I'm sure."

Called Ale Yeah.. Acted like they weren't gonna get it until Wed/Thurs day time frame.. Guess that wasn't the case.

Whole Foods ain't getting any as well.

It was like that last year, just not as bad. Hop City is a place to avoid for any limited/rare/hyped whatever you want to call it release. They are an awesome store, but worse offenders for anything like that.

I did manage to get a couple of bottles of KBS, so I'm not some sore loser licking his wounds, but I thought it was a cluster fuck amplified by jacklegs.

The ONLY decent thing was the release at all stores at the same time. Keeps the guys from getting it early at one place and getting a bead on more somewhere else and buying that up before others have a chance. Pick your spot and hope for the best I reckon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.