KBS in NH

Discussion in 'New England' started by InfinityonTrial, Mar 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. InfinityonTrial

InfinityonTrial Initiate (76) Mar 31, 2012 Connecticut
    Beer Trader

Specifically the seacoast area (personally), but let's have this be the catch all thread for the state. Sightings, info, etc.

2. Jesse14

Jesse14 Initiate (141) Jul 21, 2011 Massachusetts

A CT look-out thread from last week said its in the warehouses but can not be released until April 1st at the earliest.

3. TheMonkfish

TheMonkfish Initiate (0) Jan 8, 2012 Chad

I spoke to a NH Founders rep last week. He said they were originally planning April but it was looking more like May at this point - he didn't have any specific dates. Same story from him with Doom - no NH release date yet.

4. dciBA

dciBA Aspirant (258) Dec 23, 2007 Maine
    Beer Trader

Heard it got rejected since it was so closely related to that beer with the baby on the label.

ElGallo likes this.
  5. xanok

xanok Disciple (369) Aug 13, 2009 Connecticut
    Beer Trader

Umm, what?

[​IMG]

6. InfinityonTrial

InfinityonTrial Initiate (76) Mar 31, 2012 Connecticut
    Beer Trader

God I hope this isn't true.

7. Crawfordesquire

Crawfordesquire Initiate (0) Dec 20, 2011 California
    Beer Trader

Kbs in new hampshire? Hahaha cmon you guys really didnt think that would happen did you? Next your going to tell me massachusetts is going to allow wine shipped direct to consumers and that happy hour will be back.

Never underestimate the power of the Nanny states.

GonzoHomebrewer likes this.
  8. dciBA

Beer Trader

I said related to the label with the baby on it. As in breakfast stout, which was rejected by NH for it's label.

9. ElGallo

ElGallo Crusader (785) Sep 26, 2009 New Hampshire

I would typically agree with you wholeheartedly, but NH got Bolt Cutter, draft BCBS, Parabola, and supposedly Sucaba as well. Might as well assume KBS has got a shot. Of course, I felt the same about Bourbon County bottles... so maybe you're right :(

10. TheMonkfish

Word is that NH will be getting the entire Founders portfolio except for Breakfast Stout. I had read a rumor that they were considering some sort of special label for BS in NH, but I'm not sure if there's anything behind that.

Gosox8787, FrankLloydMike and ElGallo like this.
  11. Crawfordesquire

Beer Trader

I hope I am wrong! I wasnt aware nh got bolt cutter. Where did it dro mand in what kind of quantities?

12. T-RO

T-RO Aspirant (212) Nov 9, 2012 New Hampshire
    Beer Trader

In the seacoast I saw at Hampton Falls Village Market and Hampton's Top Shelf Brew, they probably still have some. I can check if you like, stop at both weekly pretty much.

13. BierCellar

BierCellar Initiate (132) Apr 5, 2012 Maine

We just got word it will hit Maine April 1. No word on quantities yet.

14. ElGallo

What T-RO said. Gary's in Portsmouth had bottles for several months, but they're gone now. I'm pretty certain that Top Shelf Brews in Hampton still has a few bottles ($20) on the shelf.

15. Crawfordesquire

Beer Trader

If Hampton falls village market has it I'm there tomorrow am to get it.

16. T-RO

Beer Trader

I'm stopping there in 10 minutes

17. xanok

xanok Disciple (369) Aug 13, 2009 Connecticut
    Beer Trader

I'm not saying you're wrong, but related to the label how? This seems to be a stretch.
    -The beer isn't even officially called Kentucky Breakfast Stout any more.
    -The word "breakfast" is nowhere to be found on the label.
    -There is no baby on the label.
    -The color scheme is different.
    Hell, the base beer for KBS isn't even FBS. Besides them both being stouts and from the same brewery, KBS bears no relation to FBS whatsoever.

18. Chowdahead

Chowdahead Initiate (0) Jan 26, 2008 Maine

Oh my....

[​IMG]

hoppusmaxximus, Trevdawg and dciBA like this.
  19. T-RO

Beer Trader

Hampton Falls Village Store has none, Top Shelf Brew about 5 minutes North of there on Rte 1 has 4 bottles. I believe she opens at 11:00

20. Crawfordesquire

Beer Trader

Mucho gracias

21. dciBA

Beer Trader

Hahahahaha, wow. Very sorry sir. I admit my joke was only a little funny but wow, just wow.

Trevdawg and Chowdahead like this.
  22. Seanniek91

Seanniek91 Defender (640) Jul 1, 2012 Rhode Island
    Beer Trader

Wait, who has seen Sucuba in NH yet? I know Alex with Craft Brewers Guild said they have Sucuba, but has anyone seen it hit stores yet?

23. Crawfordesquire

Beer Trader

Parabola was in NH last year

24. ElGallo

Correct. I bought a 2011 in NH, but that shipment was very limited. There are some stores around NH that still have or just recently sold their 2012 allotment. Not sure if distro was slow or a new shipment came through in early 2013, but NH definitely got a bigger allotment with the most recent batch.

As for Sucaba, I have not "seen it" anywhere, but my local shop said it is coming soon.

25. straffordmilitia

straffordmilitia Initiate (36) Apr 10, 2009 New York

NH ended up getting Breakfast Stout on draft, without any sort of special label. I have been drinking it on draft for weeks around Portsmouth. Talking to the Reps, we WILL be getting some KBS in small quantities towards the end of April. You can still find Bolt Cutter sitting on shelves collecting dust, and I know the Portsmouth Brewery still has it in their bottle cooler in the restaurant.

26. TheMonkfish

Correct - same around here as well - they just can't use the baby image on the handles.

27. jderosia603

jderosia603 Initiate (0) Jul 17, 2012 New Hampshire

I had it on tap at two different bars in NH where they used the "baby" handle

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • BeerAdvocate Microbrew Invitational

Join us June 2-3, 2017 in Boston, Mass. for beer, cider, mead, kombucha and sake from over 70 small producers.

Learn More
  • Subscribe to BeerAdvocate Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.

Subscribe