KBS in RI

Discussion in 'US - Northeast' started by hogansct, Apr 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hogansct

hogansct Initiate (0) Jan 7, 2011 Rhode Island

What's the word?

2. RichD

RichD Champion (812) Mar 18, 2012 Rhode Island
    Trader

Get some in Connecticut...

Just kidding, should hit tonight.

3. hogansct

Haha cool. I live in Groton but work in RI so I figured that I would have a better chance acquiring some on this side of the border.

4. RichD

Trader

I agree with that. But yes, I was told by the owner of Nikki's that they're expecting it around dinner time tonight. I'm regrettably working so I'll have to see if there are and remnants left tomorrow.

5. OrangeAmps

OrangeAmps Initiate (0) Dec 25, 2010 Massachusetts

Just hit campus in providence 10 mins ago. Limit 1 per

6. BoardwalkBock

BoardwalkBock Defender (611) Aug 18, 2012 New York

Any word in southern RI? Most stores get deliveries on Wed-Thurs down here, but I'm wondering if any stores got any early shipment that was put out today? Checked 3 stores, nothing till 'potentially' later this week.

7. RichD

Trader

How about eno? Might see if the girlfriend would like to grab me some when she gets out of class later on.

8. Hokies

Hokies Initiate (0) Dec 17, 2007 Rhode Island

They hand delivered most of the KBS today.

#8 Hokies, Apr 2, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2014
  9. richloma

richloma Initiate (170) Jul 2, 2013 California

The few that I checked said Thursday. Not to change the subject, but has Parabola hit anywhere in RI yet?

10. fineout

fineout Initiate (0) Apr 23, 2010 Rhode Island

Ugh I totally forgot to go chasing for this one today. Hopefully anything is left tomorrow.

11. jomobono

jomobono Aspirant (247) Mar 12, 2012 Massachusetts

I want to get all the KBS threads in a row, can we do this?

12. amp138

amp138 Initiate (0) Dec 21, 2011 Rhode Island

Probably going to pass this year on KBS save for like a bottle or two. I still have four left from last year I haven't touched.

13. hogansct

I'm curious about that myself and on that note, is there still any Abacus floating around?

14. richloma

richloma Initiate (170) Jul 2, 2013 California

Dicks has a had 1 bottle on their shelf for awhile...I think it's $20, they may have more in the back.

15. hogansct

Thanks

16. RichD

Trader

Parabola has not hit as of Monday. There is no definitive date either.

Have not seen any at the popular RI shops. I heard there may still be some floating around in Mass though.

17. OrangeAmps

Eno has sucaba 2013 and 2014 on the shelf. They didn't have KBS when I went in there around 530. The again the dude I spoke to seemed pretty clueless about what it was so it's entirely possible they might have some. But I would wager otherwise.

18. hikeeba

hikeeba Initiate (0) Oct 11, 2013 Rhode Island

Picked up the next to last bottle at Campus tonight. They had Abacus on the shelf, but Parabola's not in yet.

19. RichD

Trader

Nikki's is all out. High spirits is all out. Campus Fine Wines is all out. B&C is all out. Can't speak for anywhere else though. Most stores are likely out and were sold out before they even closed last night.

20. LiquidCourage

LiquidCourage Initiate (0) Nov 1, 2012 Rhode Island

Seems like almost every store got way less than last year. Eno is sold out. They only receivd one four pack to sell total.

21. Seanniek91

Seanniek91 Defender (611) Jul 1, 2012 Rhode Island

I just bought 1 bottle at Heritage. I don't know if they had any more.

22. RichD

Trader

That's what I was thinking. I got 2 bottles this year. Last year I got a 4 pack at my usual place and 4 more from 2 other places. Every other place I went to said that they got 1 case.

23. OrangeAmps

The people at High Spirits remarked to me that they kegged more of it this time around. I've also seen other people on BA posting about how founders is expanding and thus sent a bit less to New England this year.

24. BoardwalkBock

BoardwalkBock Defender (611) Aug 18, 2012 New York

A few stores in south county received it today. Mostly 1-2 bottle limit. Picked up 4 today, 2 from two different stores. It didn't seem to be flying out the door, maybe because most stores weren't entirely advertising it. Hopefully there will be more left tomorrow when another person is working the register:slight_smile:.

25. Jdiddy

Jdiddy Initiate (0) Apr 5, 2002 Rhode Island

Town in Rumford got today. 1 bottle limit.

26. gcamparone

gcamparone Poo-Bah (2,017) Dec 6, 2011 Rhode Island
    Society Trader

It's pretty much gone as of mid day today.

27. Newport_beerguy

Newport_beerguy Defender (637) Feb 24, 2011 Rhode Island
    Trader

I got a 4 - pack with no issues last year but my usual store will be breaking their one case into singles, which is the most equitable thing to do. With all the great beer I've had so far this year, no need to stretch myself for this whale. Will have the one 2014 bottle on reserve & taste it with my bottle of 2013 and be happy. If I feel the need for a 4 - pack I'll pick up some of the prevalent BCBS which is as good or better IMO.

28. LiquidCourage

I personally feel that BCBS is way better. I've done three blind stout tastings in the past year and KBS usually finishes third or fourth. If it was as plentyful as BCBS, people probably wouldnt think as highly of it, IMO. With that said, I still went out and got two bottles.

Horbar and Rekrule like this.
  29. concealed

concealed Initiate (0) May 7, 2009 Georgia

which other beers were included in the blind taste?

30. LiquidCourage

Once it was BCBS, Parabola and Hel & Verdoemenis. The second time was Black Note and BCBS. I'll take any of those beers over KBS.

I actually did KBS and Founders Imperial Stout back to back and found that I like their Imperial Stout better.

31. Sean802

Sean802 Initiate (0) Jul 14, 2013 Vermont

RI actually got the same amount as last year and overall, New England received more that last year.

32. LiquidCourage

The only explanation must be that more stores now carry Founders? So while the state as whole got the same amount, it must be spread out more.

33. jbertsch

jbertsch Poo-Bah (1,592) Dec 14, 2008 Massachusetts
    Society Trader

Last year I got a 4 pack from Grapes and Grains in Barrington, as opposed to just singles. Just an FYI in case you guys haven't checked out that store yet...

34. RichD

Trader

Anywhere else around the center of the state that might have some?

35. Horbar

Horbar Zealot (537) Feb 24, 2012 Rhode Island

9.99 a bottle at Park Square Wine and Spirits. Can you say "bend me over"

36. Newport_beerguy

Newport_beerguy Defender (637) Feb 24, 2011 Rhode Island
    Trader

Anyone see it on tap in RI? I checked the few places that have online tap lists, but no dice so far...

37. LiquidCourage

What Cheer tavern is tapping Saturday I believe.

38. RichD

Trader

I almost checked there. Guess I can walk there from my job next door and pick some up if I really really really wanted to. Don't think I want to put down 10 bucks a bottle.

39. Seanniek91

Seanniek91 Defender (611) Jul 1, 2012 Rhode Island

Oh really??? Hmm I might have to stop there after work tomorrow night.

40. LiquidCourage

I'm looking for a bottle or two of Bourbon County Coffee for a tasting and can trade KBS for it (1:1 ratio). Anyone want to do an IP trade? BM me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.