KBS in stores?

Discussion in 'Great Lakes' started by Skaiwalka, Mar 12, 2012.

  1. Skaiwalka

    Skaiwalka Mar 4, 2012 Indiana

    When is this supposed to be in stores here in IN?
    I tried emailing my local but no word, and I feel like if I would call they wouldn't know. haha
    Is there a set date or wha? I'm obviously a noob in the brew scene. haha
  2. wintbs379

    wintbs379 Mar 13, 2009 Michigan
    Beer Trader

    Retail release is supposed to be March 15...not all stores abide by that though.
  3. MordorMongo

    MordorMongo Jul 19, 2009

    I have been told Indy is likely Friday....or the following Friday. Not sure where you are, and not sure how accurate that is, but was told that by more than one store.
  4. Skaiwalka

    Skaiwalka Mar 4, 2012 Indiana

    Good enough for me. haha Does KBS sell out like instantly or would I have a couple 'buffer' days?
  5. Jparkanzky

    Jparkanzky Apr 5, 2011 Ohio

    You Serious Clark?


    If you're not already on the "lists" you're likely not going to have a shot at 60% of the bottles that make it to stores in your area.... of the remaining 40%, 10% will mysteriously never hit shelves and find their way to friends-of-friends etc... and the last 30% will have people trampling little-old-ladies to get.

    So yeah, I'd say "Negative Ghost Rider, the Pattern is Full" to your "buffer days"
    raymo55 likes this.
  6. Skaiwalka

    Skaiwalka Mar 4, 2012 Indiana

    haha Well I mean I read at the release it did, but I dunno how much the stores get or anything. Or if it's different, just askin questions.
  7. MordorMongo

    MordorMongo Jul 19, 2009

    If you aren't on the list at a store that has lists, you won't get one. If you are lucky and know of stores that don't take lists you may get one, but I highly, HIGHLY doubt there will be any "buffer" days unless a store trickles it out or you know a SERIOUS hole in the wall place. Most places will be limit 1 or 2....some may be 4 pack but doubt it.
  8. CWBlues

    CWBlues May 4, 2011 Indiana
    Beer Trader

    Odds are it won't even see shelves at most places around Indy.
  9. Jparkanzky

    Jparkanzky Apr 5, 2011 Ohio

    If you have a decent beer store that sells a lot of founder's stuff (sells it.... not just has it sitting there collecting dust) then they'll probably get one case.... 2 if they are a really good account.
  10. BB1313

    BB1313 Jul 16, 2009 Ohio

    Always keep your eyes open.. every year I always come across some when and where I least expect it..
    Skaiwalka and tobin like this.
  • About Us

    Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Extreme Beer FestĀ® Cometh

    February 3-4, 2017. Boston, Mass. Limited tickets available. Prepare for epicness.

    Learn More
  • Free Trial Subscription

    Reside in the US? Interested in a free 1-month trial subscription to the print edition of BeerAdvocate magazine?

    Yes! Sign Me Up!