keezer pics for tidy gas/bev lines

Discussion in 'Home Bar' started by inchrisin, Jun 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. inchrisin

inchrisin Defender (654) Sep 25, 2008 Indiana

Can someone please post some pics of the inside of their keezer so I can get an idea of what to do with my gas and bev lines? I'll be running 10' 3/16 ID bev lines and 9/16 OD gas lines through the back of the collar

2. PortLargo

PortLargo Devotee (452) Oct 19, 2012 Florida

I meant to reply earlier and your recent post with pics (nice) reminded me. No photos of gas lines, but I do offer a couple of suggestions:

You will feed one or two distributor manifolds, maybe secondaries. I recommend you add an extra length of gas line inside the keezer (before your manifold). This will allow you to move the manifold (or secondaries) to the outside of the keezer if any maintenance is required. Basically have the entry gas line make a big loop inside the keezer, give yourself ~2 more feet. You can then move the entire assembly if you need to troubleshoot, add a fitting, or just reposition. Easier than working on it while the lid is open.

My guess is you will find the CO2 helpful for a lot of tasks. Either an aux output (wye on the primary) or at least one extra long keg line gives you lots of options. You may want to run a beer gun, pressurize an aux keg with sanitizer, or transfer carboy to keg. You can snake the longer line under the lid and do these type tasks with the lid closed (or almost closed).

These type small additions are easy while in the construction phase.

3. 46and2

46and2 Initiate (150) Mar 28, 2008 Minnesota
    Beer Trader

Random:

Tygon E-3603 as bev line is superb, might be a little more $$ but you can route it, pinch it, kink it (would have to be on purpose) and it flows beautifully. Tried a run of it on my keg that I got from the lab I used to work at and I immediately bought 30' for "later"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • BeerAdvocate Microbrew Invitational

Join us June 2-3, 2017 in Boston, Mass. for beer, cider, mead, kombucha and sake from over 70 small producers.

Learn More
  • Subscribe to BeerAdvocate Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.

Subscribe