Welcome to BeerAdvocate!

Looking to talk, rate or trade beer? Join today by creating your free account.

Dismiss Notice
Curious about recent updates to the site and app? Check the Announcements forum for updates.
Dismiss Notice
Love Belgian Beer?

Join us Sep 17 in Portland, Maine for Return of the Belgian Beer Fest, featuring hundreds of authentic Belgian beers and Belgian-inspired offerings.

Tickets + more: beeradvocate.com/belgian

La Folie 09 capped

Discussion in 'Cellaring / Aging Beer' started by HuskyinPDX, Jan 13, 2013.

1. HuskyinPDX

Beer Trader

So I did some cellar cleaning and found a 2009 La Folie that has the wood design bottle and is capped not c and c. I did some searching and was unable to determine if it was pasteurized or not. Any info on this? Thanks.

2. jedwards

It is. There were two releases of '09 La Folie -- the final corked & caged released, and the wood design bottle which was the first pasteurized release. The good news is that I've opened both the C&C and the capped side-by-side every year since their release and been unable to tell the difference (YMMV).

3. HuskyinPDX

Beer Trader

Thanks

4. ncaudle

Beer Trader

speaking of C+C La Folies, is the yeast/bugs still viable?
    we're opening a 2007 this weekend and was going to bring some sanitized wood to put the dregs on to start up a bug colony for future hb sours.

5. csano

That's somewhat confusing. Are you saying that when they were doing C&C bottles, they were also doing capped bottles?

6. jedwards

There was a January 2009 release of C&C bottles, and the capped, pasteurized bottles came out around June of that year (same timeframe, not same batch). The C&C bottles were only in some markets though. There was a bunch of detail about this when it happened in the old forum, unfortunately I didn't save a copy.

7. bgramer

I can confirm JEdwards' explanation. There was more than one release of LaFolie in 2009. The capped bottling came later.

• About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Return of the Belgian Beer Fest

BeerAdvocate Brings its All-Belgian Fest to Portland, Maine on September 17, 2016. Tickets are on sale now.

Learn More
  • Get the Mag

Become a BeerAdvocate magazine print subscriber today.

Subscribe