Dismiss Notice
We're celebrating 10 years of BeerAdvocate magazine with $10 print subscriptions for US residents.

Subscribe now!

La Folie 09 capped

Discussion in 'Cellaring / Aging Beer' started by HuskyinPDX, Jan 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HuskyinPDX

HuskyinPDX Jan 23, 2011 Washington
    Beer Trader

So I did some cellar cleaning and found a 2009 La Folie that has the wood design bottle and is capped not c and c. I did some searching and was unable to determine if it was pasteurized or not. Any info on this? Thanks.

2. jedwards

jedwards Feb 3, 2009 California

It is. There were two releases of '09 La Folie -- the final corked & caged released, and the wood design bottle which was the first pasteurized release. The good news is that I've opened both the C&C and the capped side-by-side every year since their release and been unable to tell the difference (YMMV).

3. HuskyinPDX

HuskyinPDX Jan 23, 2011 Washington
    Beer Trader

Thanks

4. ncaudle

ncaudle May 28, 2010 Virginia
    Beer Trader

speaking of C+C La Folies, is the yeast/bugs still viable?
    we're opening a 2007 this weekend and was going to bring some sanitized wood to put the dregs on to start up a bug colony for future hb sours.

5. csano

csano Sep 21, 2010 Washington

That's somewhat confusing. Are you saying that when they were doing C&C bottles, they were also doing capped bottles?

6. jedwards

jedwards Feb 3, 2009 California

There was a January 2009 release of C&C bottles, and the capped, pasteurized bottles came out around June of that year (same timeframe, not same batch). The C&C bottles were only in some markets though. There was a bunch of detail about this when it happened in the old forum, unfortunately I didn't save a copy.

7. bgramer

bgramer Feb 10, 2006 Washington

I can confirm JEdwards' explanation. There was more than one release of LaFolie in 2009. The capped bottling came later.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Extreme Beer FestĀ® Cometh

February 3-4, 2017. Boston, Mass. Limited tickets available. Prepare for epicness.

Learn More
  • 10 Years of BeerAdvocate Magazine

We're celebrating 10 years of BA mag with $10 print subscriptions for US residents!

Subscribe