Lagunitas Sucks is here.

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by Spikester, Dec 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SpunkyHopslammer

SpunkyHopslammer Initiate (0) Jan 18, 2011 Illinois

That makes you a FWBTWIIL

2. SpunkyHopslammer

SpunkyHopslammer Initiate (0) Jan 18, 2011 Illinois

This is wrong.

Sucks>Furious>Hop Stoopid

3. darkandhoppy

darkandhoppy Aspirant (207) Dec 26, 2008 Connecticut

the CT batch is dated 336. is it still good or have the hops already started to fade?

4. chromebomb

chromebomb Initiate (0) Dec 16, 2009 California

OLD BRO return that shit!!

Last year I would drink sucks like after 5 days old but this new batch I won't drink even after 2 days. Not worth it for sure.

Spikester and fineout like this.
  5. Rutgers13

Rutgers13 Initiate (41) Nov 12, 2013 New Jersey

Hey, you finally going to play this week?

Halluxone likes this.
  6. Mcballz13

Mcballz13 Initiate (0) Oct 11, 2013 Pennsylvania

Anyone see it in philly burbs or south jersey yet?? All of these pics are such a tease...

7. Zhiguli

Zhiguli Initiate (0) Jul 12, 2012 California

loving it.

8. WadeBridgman

WadeBridgman Aspirant (222) Oct 18, 2013 Illinois
    Trader

Haha that's cute, nice try though

9. Halluxone

Halluxone Initiate (0) Dec 7, 2012 Georgia

Picked up a couple of 6's at Smyrna world....and I thought I loved Brown Sugga a lot. <shakes head in disbelief>

10. surfcaster

surfcaster Zealot (526) Apr 20, 2013 North Carolina
    Trader

A guy I know walked into a store near uptown Charlotte on the day it came out--totally by chance. He bought a case and called me to ask if it was any good as he had never heard of it. Someone in the store was "talking it up."

Not sure why retailers like wouldn't put a 6/12 limit on an item like that. They knew better.:angry:

Quickicks likes this.
  11. sublimesipping

sublimesipping Disciple (346) Mar 13, 2004 Pennsylvania

Any any news about the Philly market? Got to have it with the Xmas cutouts...

12. rgb03

rgb03 Initiate (143) Oct 16, 2013 Pennsylvania

A few more weeks

13. scotorum

scotorum Poo-Bah (2,045) May 28, 2013 Massachusetts
    Society

Yes I noticed that with BCBCS - $23 for 48 oz. in twelve ounce bottle fourpacks or $21 for one 22oz. bomber. Is it that much better in a bomber that it's worth paying 95 cents an ounce instead of a mere 48 cents an ounce in a fourpack?

Not quite so skewed for Sucks, 14 cents an ounce in a sixpack versus 25 cents in a 32 oz. But still a great reason not to buy a 32 oz. bottle when the same beer is available in four or sixpacks of 12 oz. bottles for a lot less an ounce and you are only laying out 25% more cash. Unless you have the money to burn and are simply too lazy to walk to the beer fridge to grab and open another 12 oz. bottle.

Once the fourpacks of BCBCS were gone, all the bombers went out the door as well. Customer relations aside, a good reason for Goose Island to consider only issuing bombers of the stuff, if people are willing to pay twice as much for the same beer...?

Is the real lesson at this point that when you are #4 on the BA top 250 you can pretty much name your price? That might help to explain why the Heady cannery had to close to retail. A limited production run of the #1 beer sold in a very limited area at a reasonable price, resulting in rising hordes buying cases, many of them purchased to trade.

#133 scotorum, Dec 19, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2013
  14. FatBoyGotSwagger

FatBoyGotSwagger Poo-Bah (2,057) Apr 4, 2009 Pennsylvania
    Society

January son.

rgb03 likes this.
  15. FatBoyGotSwagger

Society

Heady closed because of butt hurt locals who fantasize about living like bear grylls.
    Anyway grab some Dirtwolf and forget Sucks ever existed.

Streaky and audioserf like this.
  16. raynmoon

raynmoon Initiate (0) Aug 13, 2011 Colorado

The 12 ozs taste better. This beer is better as an ipa rather than a double

17. FatBoyGotSwagger

Society

can you re-clarify that comment?

18. raynmoon

I feel they bumped it to 8% for the big bottles just for the novelty.I enjoyed the quart bottles fine but when I bought I recent Six pack, it really brought me back to 2011 when it first came out as 7.85%.

The change is minor.I just feel it slightly better as being a single ipa rather than bumping it up to call it a double.

19. Rainier

Rainier Initiate (0) Dec 20, 2012 California

All I see are 32 oz. Lame... I'm not gonna drink all that!

20. Rainier

Rainier Initiate (0) Dec 20, 2012 California

Wot... I thought these were double IPAs to begin with.

21. raynmoon

Lagunitas sucks doesn't taste like a double ipa by any means.

Cubatobaco likes this.
  22. Cubatobaco

Cubatobaco Crusader (790) Jan 27, 2013 Virginia
    Trader

This is AWESOME news!!!! It won't be long until we see it. I hope to be drinking one for Christmas!

DrewLikesBeer likes this.
  23. Dan_Bowman

Dan_Bowman Initiate (0) Apr 11, 2010 Ohio

Anyone hear anything about when Ohio can expect Sucks? Seems that surrounding (or close) states have already recieved some

24. EnronCFO

EnronCFO Defender (602) Mar 29, 2007 Massachusetts

You mean the locals that lived there first and then had to deal with beer geeks driving on their lawns?

25. Quickicks

Quickicks Initiate (0) Aug 26, 2013 North Carolina

Thread jacking... GO!

26. FatBoyGotSwagger

Society

Tell that to the Indians(Native Americans).

djl9701 and Spikester like this.
  27. Luckytiki

Luckytiki Initiate (0) Jul 15, 2010 Indiana

Soooo I picked up my first sixer of what I assumed was fresh Sucks today, but not being familiar with Lagunitas bottle dates I didn't look. But I just looked and on the neck is printed:

0379010340 or 0379010350 (3 of each code in the 6er)

How old are these bottles??

28. REDSOXIPAGUY

REDSOXIPAGUY Initiate (138) Sep 16, 2013 Ohio
    Trader

It's on tap in Cleveland but no bottles. Was told this week? Anyone else know if it's around Cleveland/akron? I need a case right meow

Hatzilla likes this.
  29. ChrisMon02

ChrisMon02 Meyvn (1,258) May 2, 2010 Ohio

Had on draft yesterday at Mike's Place in Berea Ohio. Such a great beer.

Happy Holidays and Cheers!

30. REDSOXIPAGUY

REDSOXIPAGUY Initiate (138) Sep 16, 2013 Ohio
    Trader

Love going to Mike's place. I sadly don't make it there enough and i only live ten minutes away. Had it on draft at Rozi's on Sunday as I browsed. It's just damn delicious.

ChrisMon02 likes this.
  31. fineout

fineout Initiate (0) Apr 23, 2010 Rhode Island

look a bit above that number i think it should be like 3xx(space)3 only on the line and its the number date.

32. VitoFerrante

VitoFerrante Initiate (0) Sep 11, 2012 Pennsylvania

My god... the marketing engine worked magic on this beer! Just listen to this thread! I am dieing to get Sucks, believe me, but with DirtWolf and Hop Ranch (soon to be) out there, plus some other awesome DIPA's, why can't we just wait and be pleasantly surprised to see it on the shelves when we get to it. Sucks is probably my fav DIPA next to giants like Heady, Panzer Wolf, Pliny (which I just scored a 3 three old bottle of BTW), etc, so lets not over hype it and spoil all the fun! Just my opinion. Merry Christmas!!!

33. whiterabbit

whiterabbit Initiate (0) Jan 24, 2010 Ohio

My regular store has 5 cases set for Jan 2nd delivery West side Cleveland. They were told that was the first of the bottled to be delivered, and the the most any store would receive initially..........

34. CNelson013

CNelson013 Initiate (0) Mar 14, 2012 Ohio

Only seen it on tap/growlers out here on the far east side of cleveland.

35. Knee_Deep_Fan

Knee_Deep_Fan Initiate (0) Nov 20, 2013 California

Saw my first sixer out shopping today and snagged one to re-affirm my taste buds. Had two earlier in the day, and once again was disappointed. My problem is I like a LOT of hops, which Sucks doesn't provide. It sucks being a hop head. It won't go to waste, I'll hand it out to my guests tomorrow night at dinner!

36. Hatzilla

Hatzilla Aspirant (247) Jul 25, 2008 California

Where are you? In SF I'm only seeing the quarts.....looking forward to sixers.

37. Knee_Deep_Fan

Knee_Deep_Fan Initiate (0) Nov 20, 2013 California

Folsom. My Raleys had it, I know there are Raleys/Nob Hill stores in the Bay Area, check them.

Hatzilla likes this.
  38. Spikester

Spikester Poo-Bah (2,811) Jul 14, 2007 Oregon
    Society

Waiting for the 32s but where will they go in the beer coolers? Most of the sizes I see in the cheap beer display are 24s and 40s. Probably won't fit in the 22 or 24 ounce sizes.

39. jesskidden

jesskidden Poo-Bah (2,543) Aug 10, 2005 New Jersey
    Society Trader

Having a "craft" beer in the cheap beer/32's and 40's/cooler was one of the reasons Tony Magee decided to put Sucks in the quart bottles:

http://beeradvocate.com/community/threads/lagunitas-sucks-32s-october.89395/page-2#post-1310456

Spikester likes this.
  40. bsyoung

bsyoung Initiate (0) Oct 3, 2013 South Carolina

It's hitting its distro in SC finally.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.