Lagunitas Sucks sightings in the Boston area yet?

Discussion in 'New England' started by geoffpm, Dec 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Longstaff

Longstaff Initiate (0) May 23, 2002 Massachusetts

Its not like its a rare beer with limited distribution and its been out for a couple of months now, so you've had plenty of chance to buy it previously as well. Should be easy enough for you to find somewhere else.

I don't believe in beer karma - its a product like any other. You get what you get and you don't get upset - that's what I tell my 4 year old that doesn't get everything she wants anyway.

2. Trumpetguy

Trumpetguy Initiate (123) Jul 16, 2005 Massachusetts

Fair enough.

3. jmljr

jmljr Initiate (0) Feb 12, 2011 Massachusetts

Supreme in Wollaston had 058 (warm) and 065 (cold) yesterday

4. davefoxIPA

davefoxIPA Initiate (0) Dec 4, 2012 Massachusetts

Just got a six pack at Brookline Fine Wine and Gourmet last night. They had a lot in stock in their fridge.

http://goo.gl/maps/IxKYa

5. brikelly

brikelly Initiate (178) Apr 11, 2010 Massachusetts
    Trader

The Beer Store in Nashua NH just mentioned on FB that they got some.

6. willbm3

willbm3 Initiate (0) Feb 19, 2010 Massachusetts

Couple sixers in the fridge at Boston Wine Exchange...couldn't get a beat on how fresh they are, but they are there. $12 I think

7. jlordi12

jlordi12 Devotee (470) Jun 8, 2011 Massachusetts

They are indeed 12 bucks and bottled on
    They are indeed 12 $ and bottled on 65 th day of the year ( march 6th?). Very good

8. willbm3

willbm3 Initiate (0) Feb 19, 2010 Massachusetts

In that case I wish I got some. Problem was I have too much beer at home, and I left the store with more beer than I could carry :slight_frown:

9. thrillainmanilla

thrillainmanilla Initiate (0) Oct 9, 2008 Massachusetts

Grumpy Doyels in Reading has it on draft

10. Aaron58

Aaron58 Initiate (184) Dec 16, 2007 Massachusetts

I have 2 cases at The Vin Bin in Marlboro and 2 cases at THe Vin Bin in Hopkinton. 10.99/6pk. Drinking some right now, my favorite beer.

11. brikelly

brikelly Initiate (178) Apr 11, 2010 Massachusetts
    Trader

Walsh Wine and Spirits in Brighton had multiple cases on the floor last night.

12. geoffpm

geoffpm Initiate (137) Sep 10, 2007 Massachusetts
    Trader

I found some fresh sucks at Marty's in newton last week

13. emannths

emannths Aspirant (231) Sep 21, 2007 Massachusetts

Bump :wink:

I guess foul weather and Sucks just go together...

14. Dools9

Dools9 Zealot (556) Jul 5, 2011 Massachusetts

When did this hit last year? I remember getting my first six right after the first of the year.

15. emannths

emannths Aspirant (231) Sep 21, 2007 Massachusetts

It's popped up in other markets already, including as far east as NC.

16. jamvt

jamvt Disciple (397) Aug 5, 2005 Massachusetts
    Trader

I remember the very first batch we got was bottled 12/17/12. I think it showed up the first week of January.

17. orion123

orion123 Initiate (58) Jan 17, 2013 Massachusetts

Kappy's Medford didn't get any in their shipment today, but earlier in the week they were cagily thinking it might happen…

18. loupap

loupap Zealot (559) Jun 21, 2008 Rhode Island

I got a six @ Yankee Spirits in Attleboro last night -- bottled Dec 5!!!!!!

ElGallo, Horbar and Stormfield like this.
  19. WeymouthMike

WeymouthMike Devotee (468) Jun 22, 2004 Massachusetts

got a six at granite today.

20. Dools9

Dools9 Zealot (556) Jul 5, 2011 Massachusetts

Pembroke Center Liquors got 4 cases, bottled 12/5. Damn, is it tasting good.

21. IcemanCometh

IcemanCometh Initiate (0) Sep 6, 2012 Massachusetts

Wait so they are in 6 packs after all??? Merry Christmas to me!

22. BRYeleJR

BRYeleJR Disciple (359) May 18, 2013 Massachusetts
    Trader

Bought two six packs at Redstone Liquors last night. They still had a few cases on the floor but not sure what, if any, they may have had in the back. Two six-pack limit through COB yesterday so wonder if it goes quick today.

23. mcBrewsAlot

mcBrewsAlot Initiate (0) Dec 3, 2008 Massachusetts

did you crack one yet? another favorite beer here

24. jmchinch

jmchinch Initiate (0) Dec 22, 2012 Massachusetts

Saw a case at the bottom of a pallet of other stuff outside South Peabody Liquors.

25. BRYeleJR

BRYeleJR Disciple (359) May 18, 2013 Massachusetts
    Trader

Had a Limbo with dinner, went to Redstone after that, then had to let them get cold. Couple hours later, cracked a Sucks, and it was pretty awesome. My three favorite DIPAs are Heady, Pliny and 2XSunshine. Sucks didn't change that -- but it came damn close. Sucks is certainly in my top five, and if I can stumble upon more of this beer anywhere, I'll be buying.

Always enjoyed a Lagunitas IPA here or there, but "Sucks" brings things to a whole new level. Probably still have some at Redstone, but haven't seen it at Kappy's in Medford yet or anywhere in Boston city limits.

26. fineout

fineout Initiate (0) Apr 23, 2010 Rhode Island

Picked some up today at yankee liquors, bottled 339 3, less than two weeks old!

27. SunDevilBeer

SunDevilBeer Defender (659) May 9, 2003 Massachusetts

Picked up a 6 pack last night @ Rapid in Stoneham, drinking one now. Tastes good as usual, but frankly I'd rather buy beer that will be consistently avail here...like Uinta Hop Notch, JA Hoponius, Founders All Day, SN Torpedo, Ithaca Flower Power & other good IPAs I can get that r fresh.

28. mcBrewsAlot

out of the ones you mentioned, how close would are they to sucks?

29. Sesmu

Sesmu Aspirant (211) Feb 28, 2007 Massachusetts
    Trader

Craft said they don't have Sucks yet. I wonder who distributes to Redstone.

And on a subject of available IPAs. Blue Hills just released their Quarter Mile 2xIPA in cans - 6x12oz. I think it's a pretty good choice for a $9-10 six-pack of IPA.

30. omniscientcause

omniscientcause Initiate (0) Jun 4, 2010 District of Columbia

It isn't even close sucks is far better then any of those beers. 2 weeks is standard for beer to ship from wc to east so you won't find those other beers much fresher. Sucks last considerably long too compared to flower power. And your argument boils down to you saying you don't want to try a seasonal beer? Well this one is going to be year round eventually so I'd consider tossing it in the rotation.

Sucks all the way can't wait to get some soon.

IcemanCometh likes this.
  31. jlogan7

jlogan7 Aspirant (264) Oct 15, 2008 New Hampshire

Picked up two 6-packs at Kappy's in Peabody yesterday, bottled 12/2/13. Last 2 on the shelf but they said there was more out back

32. mcBrewsAlot

price check?

33. jlogan7

jlogan7 Aspirant (264) Oct 15, 2008 New Hampshire

$10.99per. Tastes even better than I remember, but these are most likely the freshest I have had

34. Longstaff

Longstaff Initiate (0) May 23, 2002 Massachusetts

One of my local shops - Berman's in Lexington told me last night that they will not be getting any Sucks. I wonder if there is a different distributor for the north side of Boston for Lagunitas and only they are getting it?

35. Sesmu

Sesmu Aspirant (211) Feb 28, 2007 Massachusetts
    Trader

I'm not sure who distributes there. L. Knife maybe? We have the same distributor as Berman's - Craft - and my rep told me "they don't have any yet" but didn't say it wasn't coming at all. But that was about a week ago, maybe something has changed since then. I'll check.

36. jbertsch

jbertsch Meyvn (1,225) Dec 14, 2008 Massachusetts

Strange...I've been to Marty’s, Gordon’s, and CBC all in Newton, Martignetti’s in Brighton, and Whole Foods in Dedham… No Sucks at any of those places.

37. cowbird

cowbird Initiate (0) Jun 5, 2013 Massachusetts

I've been checking this week also and have not seen it in the franklin/millis/milford area. Will be in Westboro later today and will see if Julios has any

38. DaKur

DaKur Initiate (0) Nov 15, 2012 Rhode Island

Yankee HAD 2 6ers left that are in my fridge.

39. cowbird

cowbird Initiate (0) Jun 5, 2013 Massachusetts

Julios has not received any yet, but thought they might next week
    on a related note, I asked about Dirtwolf, they got 5 cases midweek and it was sold out same day

40. fineout

fineout Initiate (0) Apr 23, 2010 Rhode Island

Is this going to all of a sudden be hard to find? Maybe I'll just have to try and get a keg of it...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.