Lagunitas Sucks sightings in the Boston area yet?

Discussion in 'New England' started by geoffpm, Dec 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Longstaff

Longstaff Initiate (0) May 23, 2002 Massachusetts

Could be if Lagunitas doesn't ship more to our area - seems as if only the Northshore boston distributor for Lagunitas got any in this area. My local bar said that Craft promised some to them, so lets hope more comes this way.

2. winkingstarfish

winkingstarfish Initiate (0) Nov 4, 2009 Connecticut

first place I went (in CT) they would only give me a 6 pack from the "back room". Guy said his allocation was small. Then, the other two places I went it was just sitting there for the taking....plenty of it too.

Am I alone in thinking that last year's batch was better?

3. fineout

fineout Initiate (0) Apr 23, 2010 Rhode Island

Well at least I dont think so, tastes very similar to what i remember it tasting.

4. cowbird

cowbird Initiate (0) Jun 5, 2013 Massachusetts

Picked up a six at Yankee in attleboro
    only had two on the shelf
    No date that I can see
    Package says limited availability release...

5. fineout

fineout Initiate (0) Apr 23, 2010 Rhode Island

date is on the neck in black, hold it up to the light and youll see it. its a julian code so its 3 digits for the day and then a single digit for the year

it looks like 339 3

6. cowbird

thanks, yep date was there and its 339. slightly easier than reading invisible ink
    this brew is liqiud gold, up there with the best, bar none
    so
    freakin
    tasty!!!
    year round tall cans please!

fineout and a74gent like this.
  7. cowbird

I polished off what I had. Sooo good...Any new sightings west/southwest of Boston?

8. cincysig

cincysig Initiate (192) Sep 15, 2010 Connecticut

Sightings in Amesbury and Swampscott...very, very good!

9. Spindletop

Spindletop Initiate (74) Jun 4, 2003 Massachusetts

I heard last Friday that it should be readily available throughout Metro West in early January.

10. SunDevilBeer

SunDevilBeer Defender (657) May 9, 2003 Massachusetts

2nd batch hit the Stoneham stores (Rapid, Redstone) yesterday afternoon. I picked up a few 6ers this afternoon @ Rapid & an employee said they were going fast.

11. cowbird

In Tampa area for a few days
    First shop I went into had plenty dated 351 ! Sweet

Also grabbed a rack oh jai laid cans, having tried that brew yet but hear good things

12. ThirstyMavros

ThirstyMavros Initiate (0) Oct 2, 2013 Massachusetts

Found some at the Harvest in JP - they had one case on a cart waiting to be put on the shelf. The beer guy said it was right off the truck so should be appearing elsewhere soon.

13. dasenebler

dasenebler Initiate (0) Jan 26, 2008 Maine

Any word on when it's hitting Maine or New Hampshire? Cheers and Happy New Year!

14. ElGallo

ElGallo Savant (992) Sep 26, 2009 New Hampshire

WHYM in Portsmouth is tapping Sucks today, so I'm thinking bottles are in-state and should be out next week. Haven't heard anything about Maine yet.

15. ChrisMyhre

ChrisMyhre Devotee (416) Sep 15, 2013 Massachusetts

Lots of cases at Kappy's in Medfa.

16. BigStein88

BigStein88 Disciple (308) Nov 5, 2007 New Hampshire

Not so sure. Saw the recent inventory list from local distributor near me and although they listed the Sucks kegs there were no bottles on the list. I tried to get myself a half barrel but they said it was for "on premises" (bar) customers only. My hopes were sky high for a few minutes there!

17. mcBrewsAlot

mcBrewsAlot Initiate (0) Dec 3, 2008 Massachusetts

Minus 1 lol

18. ChrisMyhre

Two including mine then.

19. darkandhoppy

darkandhoppy Aspirant (270) Dec 26, 2008 Connecticut

NE CT got a limited drop right before Chrimmas. My shop got 3 cases but they dont think there will be any more. Im hopeful there will be another shipment into the NE market. Last year it was plentiful for weeks....well into the new year....at least that's my recollection.

20. BrianTheBrewer30

BrianTheBrewer30 Aspirant (221) Nov 17, 2009 Massachusetts

Bradfords in Plymouth had it a few days ago.

21. Longstaff

Longstaff Initiate (0) May 23, 2002 Massachusetts

Tweeted up L. Knife and the initially told me they wouldn't be getting anymore, then replied again and said they would be getting more and Craft Boston had a large order in too.

22. bleakies

bleakies Disciple (374) Apr 11, 2011 Massachusetts

I picked up a sixer at Walsh's in Brighton Center yesterday. The owner said he'd only received a single case.

23. cambridgemike

cambridgemike Initiate (0) Oct 23, 2013 Massachusetts

Formaggio's in cambridge had some this weekend

24. Sesmu

Sesmu Aspirant (211) Feb 28, 2007 Massachusetts
    Trader

It's in Boston. Should appear in the stores this week. The amount, I understand, is not small, but is limited.

25. SunDevilBeer

SunDevilBeer Defender (657) May 9, 2003 Massachusetts

Draft Sucks (in reasonably priced stadium pours) surprisingly @ a local suburban bar near me. So glad the days are gone that I'd need to go to some "elite" Boston beer bar for good beer.

26. bring

bring Initiate (99) Aug 17, 2005 Massachusetts
    Trader

Name names.

27. darkandhoppy

darkandhoppy Aspirant (270) Dec 26, 2008 Connecticut

yep, NE CT got more on Sat/Monday

Jnorton00 likes this.
  28. jmchinch

jmchinch Initiate (0) Dec 22, 2012 Massachusetts

Sitting on the shelves at both Kappys in Peabody.

29. willbm3

willbm3 Initiate (0) Feb 19, 2010 Massachusetts

There was some at Kappy's in Medford. Is this supposed to be that limited this year? Last year places had cases stacked on floors

30. jdauria

jdauria Devotee (401) Sep 15, 2010 Massachusetts

Craft Beer Cellar in Braintree%2C tweeted out a pic that they had 5 cases. They tweeted that at 3%3A54%2C I got there at 5%3A15 and they had 2 cases%2C 1full 6 pack%2C and two broken up 6 packs left. Picked up a full 6 pack. So get there ASAP!%0A%0AFYI%2C 6 there was %2411.75.

31. jdauria

Not sure what happened to previous post%2C using iphone app and it added a bunch of junk to it. Sorry!

32. MattXT

MattXT Defender (638) Nov 23, 2010 Virginia

Batch from 351 just landed in Berkshire (MA) county today. Throwing one back right now.

33. Sesmu

Sesmu Aspirant (211) Feb 28, 2007 Massachusetts
    Trader

Were told that 5 cases is a limit per account. But I wouldn't be surprised if some "important" accounts got more than that. But that's the official word.

34. willbm3

That surprises me. Increased demand I guess? I guess I better buy it up while it's still around

35. jdauria

Had my first bottle of Suck ever last night, what an amazing beer! Hop citrus aroma and taste was out of this world! And it was very fresh, the sixer I got at CBC in Braintree was bottled 351th day of '13 so, only in bottle three weeks!

36. Aaron58

Aaron58 Initiate (184) Dec 16, 2007 Massachusetts

We were told 5cs limit as well. Last year I remember being limited as well, but then seeing a bunch more come in after a 2nd release. We have it n at The Vin Bin in Marlboro and Hopkinton right now

cowbird likes this.
  37. concealed

concealed Aspirant (239) May 7, 2009 Georgia
    Trader

Table&Vine told me today that some order at the warehouse got messed up and their "25 cases" were delayed. Consolation prize was that they had just input Victory Hop Ranch into the system and I was sold the first 4 pack.

38. willbm3

Granite has 6 packs in the fridge and 5 unopened cases in the walk in

39. cowbird

Was in downtown tonite and stopped in packie on Boylston at Coply Square, had a few minutes to kill, glad I walked in the door. One of the smallest stores I've ever been in. However, they had Sucks, dated 361...so no quarrel with the freshness. Purchased a case which was brought up from the basement for me. Sixers in the fridge and some cases in the basement, not sure how much they had...

ChrisMyhre likes this.
  40. ChrisMyhre

I don't even know the name of that place, but I picked up some pretty awesome stuff for my bosses wedding across the street from them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.