1. BEER FEST ALERT: Don't miss FUNK Boston: A Wild & Sour Beer Fest on June 14-15!

Lakewood Bourbon Barrel Temptress Release Party 12/12

Discussion in 'Southwest' started by 06Rubicon, Dec 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 06Rubicon

06Rubicon Initiate (35) Nov 8, 2013 Texas
    Trader

Matthouse3 likes this.
  2. Matthouse3

Matthouse3 Initiate (138) Jun 29, 2014 Pennsylvania
    Trader

ISO those craft meats.

3. donspublic

donspublic Poo-Bah (1,652) Aug 4, 2014 Texas
    Society Trader

I will be passing thru Dallas on Tuesday of next week (15th) does anyone know if this will this be available in stores by then? I already have a list of beers to pick up from Lakewood and Community :slight_smile:

4. NDogg44

NDogg44 Initiate (122) Oct 21, 2015 Texas
    Trader

BBT should hit stores on Monday or Tuesday next week.

donspublic likes this.
  5. Eddiehop

Eddiehop Zealot (551) Jun 28, 2014 Texas
    Trader

I took this from the release party yesterday. The 15' BBT is drinking mighty fine!

[​IMG]

donspublic and ATA1K like this.
  6. 06Rubicon

Trader

What a fantastic event that Lakewood hosted! The BBT is fantastic this year! I can't wait to pick up a few bottles, cellar them and see how '15 BBT tastes in '16 and '17 and '18....

Thank you Lakewood

7. Indytruks138

Indytruks138 Initiate (0) Jun 28, 2013 Texas

Anyone hear of any places getting bottles today?

8. ACGypsy

ACGypsy Initiate (78) Mar 24, 2014 Texas

Disappointed that I missed the release party. But I was in San Diego and had some great beer.

Anyone have good word on when the bottles will be released? Seems like it was later in the week last year. Also, we should see some kegs pop up around town. But I am not seeing anything yet. Anxious to try this year's version.

**Edit... I see Whole Foods Lakewood will release tomorrow.

#8 ACGypsy, Dec 14, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2015
  9. Abbbp

Abbbp Crusader (743) Mar 9, 2013 Texas
    Trader

Hall's brotha.

Indytruks138 likes this.
  10. 06Rubicon

Trader

I've called around to Specs and Total Wine in FTW area, none yet....

11. Indytruks138

Indytruks138 Initiate (0) Jun 28, 2013 Texas

Thank you Shashi, was able to get one. Hoping to pick up a couple more today or tomorrow if they are available. I don't really want to stand in line for an hour like I did last year.

12. Abbbp

Abbbp Crusader (743) Mar 9, 2013 Texas
    Trader

Ugh, what a beating, but I'm the same way, no lines the better. Annually this is one that I really enjoy, and actually the first year I didn't attend the tasting party at the brewery- so like you I'm ISO big time. I'll keep my nose to the ground post periodically on here as I see things pop up- I haven't heard of it around anywhere else though for today... but who knows about these things.

13. peachsheep

peachsheep Initiate (0) Aug 15, 2013 Texas

Heard some accounts received them this morning.

14. 06Rubicon

Trader

BBT has landed! I picked some up at Central Market, on Hulen in Fort Worth...mmmhhh yummy!

15. NDogg44

NDogg44 Initiate (122) Oct 21, 2015 Texas
    Trader

I managed to pick up four bottles on Monday. I think that's all I'll need.

16. George-Saison-Brett

George-Saison-Brett Initiate (0) Mar 24, 2015 Texas

Your impressions on this years batch?

17. ACGypsy

ACGypsy Initiate (78) Mar 24, 2014 Texas

I thought this year's batch is a delicious as always when I had it on tap over the weekend. However, I have not been able to attend any of the events where you could taste a vertical.

18. SimcoeKid

SimcoeKid Zealot (591) Oct 12, 2013 California

Any bottles still around?

19. 06Rubicon

Trader

yes, in my cellar! haven't seen any on the shelves. Might try Specs on I75, east side of Dallas

20. Heretic42

Heretic42 Initiate (0) Aug 31, 2011 Texas

Was in Dallas over Xmas and couldn't find any. It was gone at both Spec's Walnut Hill & Colony as well as the Total Wines off Park Ln and Preston/121; called a few other places and everyone I talked to said it disappeared within hours.

FWIW, I also spoke to some guys who weren't really impressed with the beer (i.e. it was good, but may not be worth an extended chase or giving up a bunch for)

Barrel Aged Legion on the other hand should still be easily attainable. Both Spec's I mentioned and Total Wine Preston/121 should have it by the case with no limit. Total Wine Park Ln had it at 1 4-pack per on the 23rd (I'm guessing they were down to their last case).

21. Berrymon

Berrymon Initiate (98) Apr 5, 2015 Texas

If anyone is interested, I just left Haystack over by the Richardson Alamo Drafthouse and they have it on tap. $8.75 for a 13oz pour. I pulled the trigger since I missed the release and have had zero luck finding bottles.

Would say that it is very well done with some strong bourbon notes. I don't expect to find a bottle at this point, so I'll probably have it on tap whenever I stumble across it.

Those folks at Haystack are awesome. Get a burger and try the BBT, it is damn good.

22. Eddiehop

Eddiehop Zealot (551) Jun 28, 2014 Texas
    Trader

I have a bottle up for trade 4 some non local fresh ipas. PM if interested.

23. zizouandyuki

zizouandyuki Aspirant (247) Nov 26, 2015 Texas

Just came across several bottles @ The Green Spot -- East side of White Rock Lake. They've got about 5 left.

Cool little convenience store if you've never been. Stopped in for some tacos and had to do a double take when i saw the bottles of BBT.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.