Last minute business trip to Champaign Il tomorrow

Discussion in 'US - Midwest' started by jimelee108, Apr 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimelee108

jimelee108 Initiate (0) Jan 30, 2012 Illinois

I'm heading to Champaign, Il tomorrow and I'm looking for bottle shops along the route from the Wisconsin border.

Any suggestions?

2. dgugliuzza

dgugliuzza Initiate (0) Nov 11, 2009 Illinois

While you're in Champaign I would check out the new Binny's that opened down there. You'll be hard pressed to find a bigger craft selection.

3. jimelee108

Thanks for the info. I knows it's last minute and I wanted to make the best of the trip..

Thanks again!

4. jpsy422

jpsy422 Initiate (0) Jul 12, 2009 Illinois

If you are going to have dinner down there, go to Crane Alley in Urbana. They have an excellent tap list. A big "second" for the Binny's too. ask for andrew (@champaignbeer on twitter) and see if they have anything interesting. They just posted that they got a ton of good stuff in the last couple of days and it usually lasts down there.

5. match1112

match1112 Initiate (0) Mar 2, 2011 Illinois

6. Gonzoillini

Gonzoillini Initiate (0) Oct 15, 2008 Illinois

Been a while since I was down there for school, but SunSinger was derfinitely my hidden gem in the area, just wish I would've stocked up on all the 08 BCBS that used to sit on the shelves before I left town.

Crane Alley, Blind Pig, Blind Pig Brewery, Radio Maria were always my go to spots to grab a beer.

Cheers!

7. bradner

bradner Aspirant (254) Dec 26, 2007 Illinois

Yep, check out Friar Tuck. I think it is in Savoy just south of Champaign.

8. ahq514

ahq514 Initiate (0) Jul 2, 2010 Illinois

I work at Binny's in Champaign. I won't be working tomorrow, but if there's something you're specifically interested in, let me know. Like @jpsy422 said, if you check out our twitter account, you can see stuff we got in recently. Would love to get some feedback on the store.

Also, Crane Alley, Quality, Black Dog and Blind Pig are great bar options for Champaign.

9. dman127

dman127 Initiate (112) Jul 11, 2011 Illinois
    Trader

Black Dog in Urbana - the best BBQ along with a great bottle and tap selection.

10. jimelee108

Thanks to everyone. I didn't have time to stop for dinner or drinks but I made my way to the brand new Binny's..

The store and staff were amazing, great job on the grand opening.

Picked up 2 bottles of dark horse double crooked tree ipa...........very tasty!

11. illini372

illini372 Initiate (86) Feb 10, 2009 California

Oh man...Should have stopped at the Blind Pig. Had KBS, 09 Founders Imperial Stout, BA Plead the 5th, Double Crooked Tree, 2Bros RedEye + others for a Midwest tap takeover. Good stuff. Oh...and Dragon's Milk on firkin.

12. jimelee108

Wow I missed an opportunity. I should have made time, huge regret!

13. bluejacket74

bluejacket74 Poo-Bah (6,517) Jul 4, 2005 Ohio
    Society

There's a Binny's in Champaign now? I'll have to stop there the next time I'm in town, unfortunately I don't think that's going to be for a while.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.